Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This really makes me question their design decisions. Where do they get these "25% nerfs" from? It just feels so out of the blue and so random. "Oh, we see there is a lot of meter padding on Megaera, so lets nerf Doom and Corruption so meter padding is less effective". Ye I get it that multidotting in general was powerful too, but to me it seems so rushed and not thought out at all. They have not done any preliminary testing of these nerfs and they have no clue where these nerfs will put the classes after them. Isn't that the task of the design team? To plan things ahead, not do +40% here and -25% there whenever we feel like it.

Something like -9.5% to Corruption and -5.8% to Agony and +15% to Haunt damage (or Supremacy pet damage +10% or whatnot) would have made a better impression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Not mandatory, but sims say its better in every situation in t14H gear. (Single target, 2-target cleave, 8-target AoE)
    Which leaves only more then 2 target multi-dotting to Affliction and nothing to Demo. This is exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen: late nerfs after content is started that relegates us to using 1 spec for everything for a full tier again cause it's too heavy handed.

Let's hope Destro is at least as good in practice as it seems in the sims, so we can atleast have a shot at shining on a few fights.

I hate the idea I have now that it'll be T13 all over: decent, decent, decent, but no place where any of the specs really shines. Balance is fine, T14 Affliction wasn't balanced, but give us a spot where we excell at least, not this potentially middle of the pack drudgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    This really makes me question their design decisions. Where do they get these "25% nerfs" from? It just feels so out of the blue and so random.
    Where were you in the last couple of years? Random and out of the blue buffs and nerfs have become official Blizzard design philosophy.

Deleted
    yeah, blizz' concept to buffs and nerfs have always been like a rollercoaster ride, first you get buffs, and then you get nerfed to the ground and then the cycle starts over again.

>Demonology is underperforming in raids and we want all 3 Warlock specs to be competitive.
    >Buff HoG, SdwFlme, ToC and SF by 15, 15, 15 and 22%.
    >Nerf Corruption because of Affliction and nerf Doom because of Demonology.

*Some time later*

>Realize Demonology uses Corruption and that Ghost Crawler is an idiot.
    >Reverts nerfs to Corruption for Demonology and makes them spec specific for Affliction.

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-13 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Which leaves only more then 2 target multi-dotting to Affliction and nothing to Demo. This is exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen: late nerfs after content is started that relegates us to using 1 spec for everything for a full tier again cause it's too heavy handed.

Let's hope Destro is at least as good in practice as it seems in the sims, so we can atleast have a shot at shining on a few fights.

I hate the idea I have now that it'll be T13 all over: decent, decent, decent, but no place where any of the specs really shines. Balance is fine, T14 Affliction wasn't balanced, but give us a spot where we excell at least, not this potentially middle of the pack drudgery.
    In my experience destro is better in practice than in sims if you're good at it.

Deleted
    I think we can safely conclude that GC is a bit of a moron.

Inconceivable that mages shouldnt be able to top DPS meters with ease! These nerfs just scream knee-jerk - if we were utterly dominating the meters like we were with arcane mages in 5.1 then there would be a point, but these blanket nerfs just seem too random for that.

It really makes me wonder who they have doing testing before these buffs/nerfs are put into place.

Shadowpriests got SW:P buffed by 25% (or was it 20%?) and now suddenly they nerf it by 25%. It's like they didnt even bother testing what they would be like with the 25% buff in the first place and just decided on a random number to buff it by - and now realise when actual raiders play the spec it is too high so they have to nerf it back again:/

Fair enough this change isnt end of the world for warlocks, we'll still be competitive, it's just the nature of the nerfs that gets me.. just blanket nerfing with what seems to be random numbers

Deleted
    In my experience destro is better in practice than in sims if you're good at it.
    Yeah well let's hope people won't be too good at it, I don't want to get Destro nerfs in 5.3 x)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Yeah well let's hope people won't be too good at it, I don't want to get Destro nerfs in 5.3 x)
    This is your fault!
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I got some practice in during the late part of 5.1, and used it to run my daily doings for a while too, but I'd switched to Demo trying to get that down, and Affli for serious things. Now people, me included, will have to make a U-turn at high speed and get Destro going a.s.a.p. I seriously dislike late coming nerfs. =/

On the whole we'll live though, we always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Here's hoping! :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Multi-dotting is powerful but it's also a lot of work to manage 4+ sets of dots and shards while doing everything else that an encounter requires.
    Effectively managing that much should be rewarded with nice damage. When we start getting to the point where multi dotting is a marginal dps increase for a huge increase in effort required then people will stop doing it. It's sad that an intended multi-dotting nerf ends up double nerfing demo and nerfing afflic single target.

I'll be destro for almost everything now. At least it looks pretty with green fire now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Multi-dotting is powerful but it's also a lot of work to manage 4+ sets of dots and shards while doing everything else that an encounter requires.
    Effectively managing that much should be rewarded with nice damage. When we start getting to the point where multi dotting is a marginal dps increase for a huge increase in effort required then people will stop doing it. It's sad that an intended multi-dotting nerf ends up double nerfing demo and nerfing afflic single target.

I'll be destro for almost everything now. At least it looks pretty with green fire now.
    This is another thing that bothers me, GC just finished talking about certain specs being potentially overpowered but felt that no one would reach their respective dps potential because they were hard specs to play. As demo we're managing fury, mana, pets and juggling dots.. but needs nerf? Maybe if they fixed how aoe worked instead of just being lazy and nerfing things that are also single target abilities they wouldn't have to go back and just buff classes after tossing out damage fix's that just make them end up having to buff the class all over again. :/

Isn't this what the ptr is for? Tuning?

I always stuck with Aff when everyonee in my guild was chasing the FotM and I stil topped meters, but we downed Jin by the skin of our teeth Sat. night, and I don't see us progressing past him untill we get a little better gear, hell the trash after him is murder..but with fights the way they are now I am seriously considering switching to Destro if it is simming that much higher.

I don't see why everyone is panicking...

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

5% nerf to 134000 is only around 128k, still ahead of destro.
    Last edited by Kneepel; 2013-03-13 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohkra View Post
    I always stuck with Aff when everyonee in my guild was chasing the FotM and I stil topped meters, but we downed Jin by the skin of our teeth Sat. night, and I don't see us progressing past him untill we get a little better gear, hell the trash after him is murder..but with fights the way they are now I am seriously considering switching to Destro if it is simming that much higher.
    Jin was probably the easiest fight we dealt with so far. Have a healer, 3 dps go on first plat, then a different set of healer and 2 dps go to the second plat, From their the first platform group just deals with the birds while the second group has the wings to get the DPS buff when Jin throws up (feed young).

But yeah I've stuck with affliction the whole time everyone was yelping about how amazing Demo was getting. A nerf, but only a little nerf. Warlocks are still good

Sigh..so I come home have to add more game time, wait 1252 in que on my server ...still waiting..........go to surf the forums and see a warlock nerf again....I'm really enjoying my lock after not playing it since wotlk but this is getting a bit crazy. It seems blizzards patches come with a roller coaster of f*** ups and miss steps and toy with my emotions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    >Demonology is underperforming in raids and we want all 3 Warlock specs to be competitive.
    >Buff HoG, SdwFlme, ToC and SF by 15, 15, 15 and 22%.
    >Nerf Corruption because of Affliction and nerf Doom because of Demonology.

*Some time later*

>Realize Demonology uses Corruption and that Ghost Crawler is an idiot.
    >Reverts nerfs to Corruption for Demonology and makes them spec specific for Affliction.
    > They buffed Doom +20% to compensate for losing the Meta auto attack (because they have not been able to fix the bug wand) and now they nerf Doom -25%.

So ..... give me back my Meta Auto-Attack seems legitimate no?

Need to buff TOC further to compensate if you ask me... which IS WHAT THEY SHOULD OF DONE TO BEGIN WITH when they removed meta auto attack. These nerfs to be to be reverted... it's not like Warlock's are top tier DPS to begin with (at least based on simcraft with high end gear). There are specs and classes (monks, DKs, rogues, frost mages) that do need some nerfs... but Affliction and especially demonology isn't and shouldn't be one of them.