Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Title that makes you think the other person is a douche?

So we all know them, titles such as "Jenkins" or "Kingslayer" and learned to dread them. Titles that usually go hand in hand with sub par perfomance, a nasty attitude and general unfriendliness of often younger player. Recently however my disliked shifted from those two to another ones, "Starcaller". Yes I am serious, since MoP every single last person I've seen using this thread was a douche. From people playing horribly and flaming in random dungeons over people with /lol /spit makro on battlegrounds, about every single last one using this title was guilty of it.

So what's the title that instantly agitates you and makes you want to put the person using it on ignore?

Um none? I honestly can't find a reason to dislike anyone because of the choice of their titles. Actually, I think it's kind of a "douche" move to assume the person is a douche because of their title.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well, anyone who judges an actual person, because of the title they use in a computer game, agitates me and needs to be put on ignore.

It's like calling everyone with blue socks douches, what?

So, for your examples, Jenkins means douche? Honestly, it's the easiest title to get. It might mean inexperienced at best, but I find the more experienced are more likely to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's like calling everyone with blue socks douches, what?
    Wait, are you telling me, it's possible for none douches to wear blue socks? BLASPHEMY!!! /jk

OP - If I put people on ignore because they were using a title used by a douchebag I have ran into in the past, I would have everyone on ignore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Wait, are you telling me, it's possible for none douches to wear blue socks? BLASPHEMY!!! /jk

OP - If I put people on ignore because they were using a title used by a douchebag I have ran into in the past, I would have everyone on ignore.
    I said "want to" not.

Usually a person with NO title at all is pretty much guaranteed to be a gigantic asshole who is to be avoided at all costs.

Their logic goes like this: "well everybody knows who I am anyway. I'm the most important person on this realm. There is no need for me to wear a title". These people are so full of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I've ever had reason to judge people based on their titles. I've seen arena masters who are nice and Jenkins who are nothing more than "that quiet person destroying everyone's dps".

Now guild tags on the other hand......... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should a title make someone look like a douche?? If they are proud of that achievement that they earned, then why are they a douche?

"That guy has "the patient" title. They must be a real douche"

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think titles and doucherey go hand in hand, I've noticed that titles and experience sometimes compliment (or insult) each other.

I steer clear of Jenkins and The Patient for this reason specifically; The people who are using these titles probably don't have any others. That's certainly not true in every case, and that doesn't mean that if you're using one of those you're inexperienced (and therefore inherit some or all of the traits an inexperienced player possesses), but I've found that it's a pretty accurate marker of someone who I'd prefer not to group with, based solely on their contribution to completing dungeons and LFRs. I can understand Kingslayer and Starcaller as well; These titles have become extremely simple to pick up, and while a LOT of players are going to have them, I'm sure there's a select few that fall into the category of 1) Using Kingslayer or Starcaller and 2) Having an attitude/being an asshat/being an unskilled player. Again, you can't just take a brush and paint a broad stroke against everyone who wears jenkins, the patient, kingslayer, starcaller, delver of the vaults, the insane, whatever title we're talking about.

Man, everything sounds worse when you take it from your brain and type it out on a forum for all to see. Why are we even discussing this? Ever noticed how the nice wow players only transmog their pants and gloves? What's the mount that the most jerks ride? How come every pally I meet in the queue is racist? These are answers that can't foster any true, meaningful discussions or answers.

*headdesk*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So we all know them, titles such as "Jenkins" or "Kingslayer" and learned to dread them. Titles that usually go hand in hand with sub par perfomance, a nasty attitude and general unfriendliness of often younger player. Recently however my disliked shifted from those two to another ones, "Starcaller". Yes I am serious, since MoP every single last person I've seen using this thread was a douche. From people playing horribly and flaming in random dungeons over people with /lol /spit makro on battlegrounds, about every single last one using this title was guilty of it.

So what's the title that instantly agitates you and makes you want to put the person using it on ignore?
    Being an adult and all-around not terrible person, there aren't any titles that make me think less of people. Some threads on the other hand...

Wow, a lot of people offended by just the principle of this thread.

In my experience, Firelord/Dragonslayer, mostly because I barely ever see it on someone who got it before it was incredibly irrelevant content. It's not like I'll immediately put them on ignore or super intensely judge them to be completely irredeemable wastes of space and time. I just roll my eyes a bit and continue on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess one thing we can take from this is that you shouldn't judge people based on some letters before or after their character's name, since you're creating a point of view without proper context like a biased bean burrito baker, instead of viewing and forming one based on a person's actions.

Don't judge a player by their title. Or at least try not to...
    [/url]

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herald of the Titans

'Original Poster'

15+ Year Old Account
    People pretending like they've never judged anyone playing this game ever before.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any title defines their "douche"ness. That being said, my only real judgement or perhaps a simple observation from experienced side is that the most annoying players of the WoW community that i have met in dungeons and pvp carry the Jenkins title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    People pretending like they've never judged anyone playing this game ever before.
    but judging on a title is kinda retarded don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I'm not afraid to say that I judge players all the time in dungeons and LFR, I just keep it on vent, unless the son of a bun ends up wiping us or doing something esually stupid. That doesn't also mean that I think everyone is bad, retarded or an asshat. I just form opinions. "This guy is that geared and is pulling that much DPS? Something's wrong there..." "For someone in blues, this tank's not doing bad."

99% of my judging is definitely negative, though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxtrixias View Post
    but judging on a title is kinda retarded don't you think?
    I agree on this. At least let the player display their skill and/or intelligence (or lack of) before you try to vote kick, bash or compliment.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    None, people choose titles for a variety of reasons and it seems a little absurd to make unkind assumptions about people because of they happened to pick a particular one.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |