Thread: Horridon Help

Horridon Help

My guild has been struggling to take Horridon down the last week.
    We've all worked a little bit to increase our performance overall, but it's still not enough.

Would anyone mind taking a look at our logs?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nphinx1ofe9fidyv/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j600bhxq24fqtjf3/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myran2 View Post
    My guild has been struggling to take Horridon down the last week.
    We've all worked a little bit to increase our performance overall, but it's still not enough.

Would anyone mind taking a look at our logs?
    The priest could Mass Dispel the first door to reduce the dmg from Blazing sunlight. Now I'm not super good with Logs, but can give you a few general tips for each door.

First door: Mass dispel the Blazing Sunlight. Stun the basilisks that stun you. When Horridon goes in for a charge, have the targeted one run towards horridon, that way the tank will have it easier with the placement. Kill order is the following; Dinomancer, Farraki Wastewalker, Sul'lithuz Stonegazer and finaly Farraki Skirmisher. Now once the Dinomancer goes below 50% hp he will turn into a dino and drop an orb, but he wont drop it/turn into dino if he is casting, so you have to interrupt his heal asap.

Second door: I see that you have a mistweaver Monk, that is perfect for this door, don't really worry with the Venom Bolt Volley, just make sure that you got designated interrupters for each Gurubashi Venom Priest. The kill order is the following; Dinomancer, Gurubashi Venom Priest, Venomous Effusion, Gurubashi Bloodlord.

Third door: It is really important that you stack up and move as a group, 2/3 of the door spawning door has below 1M hp so they should die really fast. All the mobs from this door has a Deadly Plague that needs to be removed/limited. The reason you want to stack up is that 2/3 of the mobs, namely Risen Drakkari Warrior and Risen Drakkari Champion is this ability called Uncontrolled Abomination, meaning they will ignore tanks and attack whom ever they see fit, Since you got a Death Knight in your group, you ought to use Army of the Dead here to help with the adds. The kill order is the following; Dinomancer, Drakkari Frozen Warlord, and then the other two adds. The Frozen Warlord has an ability called Frozen Orb, it does a lot of damage and floats around the courtyard, I suggest that you stack up, cleave the adds and move as a group to avoid the Frozen Orbs,

Fourth door: Here you need to spread out 5-7 yards to avoid a chain Lightning that does more damage for each jump. The melee has to stand behind the bears as they got a swipe effect. Once you've killed a bear, a Shaman will spawn, the shamans spawn Lightning Nova Totems that will basicly One-shot anyone that stands within 8 yards. So in essence, spread out, kill one bear, then kill the shaman that spawned from the bear, then kill the 2nd bear, and the 2nd shaman. But you have to Priorities the Dinomancer. Once the fourth door is complete the fifth phase will start.

Fifth phase: Tank Horridon in the middle to avoid all the clutter from the previous doors. Run towards the tanks when he Charges (the targeted that is) after some time, a boss will spawn, named War-God Jalak. He is a total Push over and should be killed immidietly, Once he is dead, Horridon will Enrage, your tanks HP will go up and down like a camels back. Do not panic and use Raid cooldowns to surive his Tripple puncture.

I hope this helps, if not, I suggest that you watch one of the kill videos of Horridon and try to analyze what they are doing on each door.

Good luck with Horridon

Not sure what to say here, just go to damage taken or hover over the deaths to see whats going wrong. It's basic stuff, not stuff you need analysis of.

One person taking 1.1m dmg from blazing sunlight = dispel it
    Dps dieing to double swipe = move

and so on.

Theres a 30 odd page thread that gives tips in general terms on the fight. I suggest you start there.
    Learn this:
    1) Which adds to prio
    2) What can you stun etc
    3) Who can self dispel what and who can dispel what

and you will have a better time of it. Good luck.

Honestly, it looks like most of your raid doesn't understand mechanics. A potential second issue is that you don't seem to be able to field a 3rd decent healer. Your 3rd healer is ridiculously low compared to the other 2 and that seems to be the case no matter who you are using.

I see a massive amount of sand trap damage... its a void zone... taking more than 1 tick is really not excusable, but I'm seeing some of your raiders often stand in it for 3 ticks and die. The dot they cast at the first door is murdering you... Dispel it, heal it, and maybe have your shadow priests mass dispel it. Double swipe is also murdering your dpsers... there is no reason to get hit by that. Specifically on your 4:17 attempt, it looks like you wiped mainly because your best healer and your rogue died to the same double swipe (you then got murdered by poison, but I'm guessing the dead rogue was suppose to help kick and control the priests).

Poison bolt volley is out of control. Does your raid know about that and are actively working to stop it? On the 5:12 attempt, 2/3 of the poison bolt volley damage came from the priests and on the 5:34 attempt almost 95% came from the priests which is 100% preventable and would have reduced raid damage taken by ~4 million while you were doing that door. The effusion damage really is preventable too, but it isn't really trivial like having your 2 melee interrupt a cast.

Your spriests seem to be making rather poor use out of VE to help with healing. It would be a really good idea to use that to help with heals while the healers are dispelling.

I'm not sure if it is because you are always spiraling to a wipe at this point, but you seem to have a problem with tanks picking up the frozen warlords.

Edit for some more player specific stuff after looking at the 3-16 log:
    What the hell is your rogue using for his survivability talent? He didn't use feint once and I'm guessing he took elusiveness which is completely retarded if you aren't going to feint. I don't see leeching poison or cheat death on there. He also could be cloaking more often as it is a 1 min cd.

In those 4 attempts, your DK used AMS (a 45 second cooldown) twice. I mean hell, I'm pretty sure its a dps gain to hit it as you get runic power for the absorption. He didn't IBF at all. Purgatory? I think thats questionable as unlike all the other 'cheat death' style mechanics, this one places your healers at a healing deficit.

Your mage iceblocked once... I mean its not like it removes all those horrible dots in this fight or anything... oh wait...

Its like your dps isn't even trying to use their abilities to reduce damage taken (and in some cases, like iceblock, save the healers from using a gcd on dispelling them).
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-03-17 at 02:02 AM.