Availed 1/13 Creating guides for ToT

We have been making guides of the more difficult encounters throughout ToT and you can check them out at availedguild.com/forum or search availedguides on youtube.

Tell us if they're helpful and what we can improve to make them better. Thanks!

E:1/13 heroic
    Last edited by shiftlolz; 2013-03-18 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing! Can't look at them right now, because I am at work.

One thing I noticed: I believe Magaera is written like Megaera.

Is there any specific reason why your guild joins the "video guide business"? There are already a lot of general video guides (Also some really good ones). Some stuff, which makes guides unique would be cool. Some extras like:
    - Short written guide (5-6 bullet points, yeah sometimes more is needed) for the RL, so he can sum the essentials up in TS before the pull
    - Similar to the previous: really short summary for each role (dps, tank, heal) what they should do, where to pay attention
    - Visual Guides - So everybody can see really fast what he should do. (I do that for my guild, not for the public really: http://www.oldboysalliance.at/t15-visual-guide/ )
    - Class specific tipps, but I saw Icy Veins is already doing that now

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    The static when narrated is bit annoying to listen. The sharp pauses after "sections" leave this bit "cut". Also the silence in the video... If you would work on improving those aspects, your videos would feel more lively , but good work none of the less.

Few of us just enjoy making videos and streaming, especially when it helps out the community. Back in Cata our guides were really helpful to a lot of people until RL issues caused us to unfortunately disband. We have a lot of very skilled players in our group that have raided for a long time and have been in very high end guilds. Our progression isn't that terrible to consider we only raid 12 hours a week and we feel that we can release guides on certain fights in a decent time frame for progression that many guilds can't.

E: I messed up making the thread title. We're actually 1/13. :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 11:56 AM ----------

I believe the static was a software issue and has since been resolved. We'll look into making them seem more fluent with less cuts in each section too. Adding background sound could help the silence issue. I do find it annoying to be watching a guide that's 20+ minutes long with the narrator doing a single take though. Too many "uhms" and rambling.
    Last edited by shiftlolz; 2013-03-18 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    While guides are generally always welcome by the raiding community, I fail to see how your guides would be worth looking into, when we've got Fatboss for instance. Aliena is back with guides as well and for 25 man there's Tankspot - all ahead of your progress.

So sorry for sounding like a douche, but I don't really see why people would wanna watch some random guides. Anyhow, I guess we can't have too many guides, seeing that people are always free to chose.

Accidentally put 11/12 when it was supposed to be 1/13 for the thread title. Different perspectives and possible better strats are things to consider with other guides.

Good stuff man/lady.

Thanks for puitting in the work while not getting anything in return at least nor directly.
    Dont let yourself be dragged down by danishgirl and comments alike. Sure there is some thruth in her words, but still if everyone would just watch the best we would have just one..., which would be automatically the best then.

Maybe one day you can read comments like "Why would you fallback to lame tankspot guides when you got Availed´s guide available?"

heh, maybe someday. For the few of us that contribute to the guides it's more of a hobby. We enjoy doing it and it helps the community. We also stream our raids if people are interested in watching at twitch.tv/shiftlolz

It's just a place to hang, listen to music and our mumble while we raid or play any game we want at the time.

Deleted
    Right.. I only looked at the council of elders video, and that one was bad. I do not wish to sound like a douche and I definitely don't want to discourage you from doing guides but that one was really bad.
    There was stuff like:
    It's essential to always focus damage on the empowered one.
    Only one other ranged player stack on frostbite.
    When Sul get's interrupted he does not melee hit.
    (Gara'hal as well)

It's all fine and good that it worked for your guild to not deal with the mechanics properly, but that is not the point of a guide. A guide should show the most efficient way of killing a boss. I'd be interested in which ilvl you guys had when you killed that boss as it cannot have been too bad if you succeeded with a tactik like this.

Take a note from the book of others and show the abilities that are being talked about along with their tooltips. If you are using ventrilo, or other service, make sure the reader keeps their mic on all the time. In the Council of Elders fight the voicechat service kept cutting off the person speaking. And like Danishgirl said, there are many people out there doing videos so you should find a way to make your videos unique. I suggest watching other guides and then as a group, brainstorm on what you wish to have seen in those guides but didn't. Good Luck!