[WeakAuras] Player Class/Spec

Would someone be so kind as to tell me if there's any way WeakAuras can recognise a players class or spec and if so how?

Prety sure there is an activasion on class spec and even name, thou i dont know it by heart. Just try skiming throu setings, cant miss it.

Yah on the tab called "load on" or something like that you can spesific when the given aura/tracking should launch.

As stated above you can have it by class, spec, spesific talent point and even only in certain zones or instances.

"Recognize a player's class and spec" is pretty broad. If you're looking for anything but enabling/disabling an aura based on the player's class/spec then you're out of luck (barring custom triggers of course).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    "Recognize a player's class and spec" is pretty broad. If you're looking for anything but enabling/disabling an aura based on the player's class/spec then you're out of luck (barring custom triggers of course).

thats wrong. The aura can be loaded or not loaded based upon player class, spec, talents selected without any custom triggers.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear enough. I've tried searching this forum and online but I've not manged to find an answer.

I don't want to load auras for my characters. I want WeakAuras to recognise when I've targetted a specific class. The reason being is that I'd like to add text or icon to indicate what class I'm targetting. It would be even better if WeakAuras could recognise their spec, but I doubt it can.

I cant speak for Weakauras, but i use Pitbull as my player frames, and they are set up to show color of the class i target.
    So in PVP i see what class i am targeting based on color (i.e blue for mage and purple for warlocks and so on).
    Those codes are typed in LUA, so i can check if that can be worked around for Weakauras as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietv View Post
    thats wrong. The aura can be loaded or not loaded based upon player class, spec, talents selected without any custom triggers.
    Read what I posted again.

Edit: You can have a trigger enabled by the class of your target using the Status -> Unit Characteristics trigger and using the Class option.
    As far as having a text WeakAura that displays the name of the class you're targeting, I believe you would have to use custom code to achieve that (or create 11 different WeakAuras, one for each class =P).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-20 at 01:53 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Read what I posted again.

Edit: You can have a trigger enabled by the class of your target using the Status -> Unit Characteristics trigger and using the Class option.
    As far as having a text WeakAura that displays the name of the class you're targeting, I believe you would have to use custom code to achieve that (or create 11 different WeakAuras, one for each class =P).
    Thanks, that works great

You can probably program weakauras to recognize a certain spec if there are any specific buffs to look for - for instance, if a Mage has Frost Armor it's probably a Frost Mage.