High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

25m Heroic Horridon

Started work on this boss last night, as we don't raid a whole lot of hours per week I'm looking for some advice!

We currently have our paly tank on boss which we tank on the gate, and our dk tank picks up the adds.

In which priority should the adds be killed? We've been prioritizing dinomancers to 50%/wastewalkers/priests + effusions/warlords. Should we be changing that?

Here's logs from last night.
    Last edited by Brydie; 2013-03-20 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuC_Xo_jBQA

Prioritize Dino to 50% then:
    -Effusions/Non elites on frost gate
    -Elites (Priest/warlords/wastewalkers)
    Final gate, ENSURE you interrupt fireball, and chain lightning.

Boss dps matters, but the faster you kill the adds the more dps you get on the boss. Boss should be roughly 75% when your final adds die on the final gate if you want to have any chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Bring multidotters. This seems like the solution to most encounters these days.

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Bring multidotters. This seems like the solution to most encounters these days.
    It's a completely different fight for melee, that is to say, a lot more hectic. Doable, but hectic. Keeps you on your toes!

That said, multi-dotting isn't much more than meter padding, as you want certain adds to die, and the rest of them aren't really priority at all. The numbers look good, but that's about it. Now, if they can keep up boss damage while doing acceptable add damage (on the correct targets) then go for it.

Sort of sad the last few minutes of the fight are just standing there and hoping you have enough DPS left to meet the enrage :< Not terribly exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's a completely different fight for melee, that is to say, a lot more hectic. Doable, but hectic. Keeps you on your toes!

That said, multi-dotting isn't much more than meter padding, as you want certain adds to die, and the rest of them aren't really priority at all. The numbers look good, but that's about it. Now, if they can keep up boss damage while doing acceptable add damage (on the correct targets) then go for it.

Sort of sad the last few minutes of the fight are just standing there and hoping you have enough DPS left to meet the enrage :< Not terribly exciting.
    Enrage is kitable (As per my video link) for as long as you want until he roars. When he roars with enrage there goes 99% of your raid whom don't have an immunity.
    Other than that, you can kite and burn ~12% if you need to.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Enrage is kitable (As per my video link) for as long as you want until he roars. When he roars with enrage there goes 99% of your raid whom don't have an immunity.
    Other than that, you can kite and burn ~12% if you need to.
    Yeah I am familiar with that, we had a 12mil wipe after running around like fools after enrage, but ideally you don't want to hit that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am familiar with that, we had a 12mil wipe after running around like fools after enrage, but ideally you don't want to hit that :P
    Generally does make things a lot less stressful when you beat the enrage, I agree!
    Haha.
    But then again, hitting the enrage reminds me of Baleroc. Oh joy what a fun fight. 20% Soaking crystals 30% dps 50% enrage kiting
    Raxxykins

Well taking a quick glance over your logs I guess the first thing to consider should be that there really shouldn't be people dieing to double swipe and sand traps at the very least. On the first door I wouldn't waste strong raid cooldowns - we stack stormlash and banner on the poison door and the warbear door. What also helps is having people feel responsible for kicking even on the small poison adds - if you interrupt everything it's a lot easier for the healers when aoe dps isn't that great. Priority seems fine otherwise. Some people might be a bit too focused on the boss.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-03-21 at 09:51 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We made slow progress last night, now making it to 3rd gate with no casualties but we're falling apart here. We're prioritizing the champions/warriors and our add tank seems to get killed a lot by mortal strike.

I'm a little confused with last gate about what we should be killing first.

We go on the warlords so the tank doesn't have all three together up. People with aggro from the smaller ones just move to the tank so they can get cleaved easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    We made slow progress last night, now making it to 3rd gate with no casualties but we're falling apart here. We're prioritizing the champions/warriors and our add tank seems to get killed a lot by mortal strike.

I'm a little confused with last gate about what we should be killing first.
    3rd gate is the general clockblock.
    Utilize disarms on warlords while you are killing warriors/champions.
    Add tank should be rolling CDs, they aren't needed for 4th gate tanking.

On 4th gate we sat 3 melee on flame casters and the rest on the elites. The faster you kill the bears, the faster you can interrupt the shamans. Bears cleave so kiting them in a pattern to drop totems and not cleaving people is essential.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    On 4th gate we sat 3 melee on flame casters and the rest on the elites. The faster you kill the bears, the faster you can interrupt the shamans. Bears cleave so kiting them in a pattern to drop totems and not cleaving people is essential.
    clock ? :P
    Anyways the more shamans you have up the more totems you have...for us it was in the end easier to have the ranged stay spread out to avoid the chainlightning for a bit longer in order to kill the shaman before the next bear died. Depends on the raid though I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    clock ? :P
    Anyways the more shamans you have up the more totems you have...for us it was in the end easier to have the ranged stay spread out to avoid the chainlightning for a bit longer in order to kill the shaman before the next bear died. Depends on the raid though I guess.
    Oh wow.. Thank you phone..
    And yeah, there's also that approach. There's lots of ways to kill it, just finding one that suits your guild is what you need.
    Raxxykins

Got a kill tonight with mad kiting after enrage, even after his enrage dire call, misc immunities ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a kill tonight with mad kiting after enrage, even after his enrage dire call, misc immunities ftw.
    Congrats!
    I would strongly suggest copious amounts of alcohol on council.
    Seriously, that fight is dumb.
    Raxxykins

we went over to tortos and killed him as well =x