Poll: Did this announcement meet expectations?

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never played Card games except for Pokemon when I was a kid, but it looks fun, and something I might dabble in the water a bit. I didn't expect much, but it seems like a good idea from Blizzard so carry on ^_^
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Was surprised at first, never been a TCG player but I figured this could be a good entrance into it, but then I realized this is Blizzard jumping on the MTG money printing wagon and it will take me either 8 years or $200 to get a good deck.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    My thoughts? First Blizz make a cheap rip-off of Pokemon, now they're doing Yu'Gi'Oh.
    You do realise that Pokemon were a TCG before a GB game, right? (And a manga before that, but I digress)

Deleted
    I think it has potential, and I know there are people making a lot of assumptions about the game, and about blizzard, which is absurd because you really don't have to play it.
    I used to be really into card games, and I still would I think, if I knew enough people who were interested in them also. This gives me a way of getting that card game experience, and if I don't want it to, then I don't have to pay anything.
    Last edited by mmoc383018dc8a; 2013-03-22 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Really? Yes, they spent all that time to set up a spot at PAX just to troll everybody. Okay.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say...

Anyway, I like card games so this was a pleasant surprise. I already set up my beta opt-in. The thing that really gets me interested is that you won't necessarily "have" to buy more cards, but if you can use your Battle.net balance to buy card packs then I may have to start doing some farming runs in D3 to see if I can get some money.
    Fenixdown, have you ever posted in a thread without your childish ad hominem attacks to anyone that dares defy your beloved Blizzard?

You're fucking annoying in any topic where people are allowed to post opinions.

Deleted
    Better than MTG Duels? From what we've seen, it has the complexity of Frogger. I was not waiting for another superficial micro transaction card game that looks like it is made to penetrate the ever growing mobile gaming market.

Anyone actually comparing what we saw to MTG need to actually get into MTG again. You're both delusional and clueless if you think Blizzard will suddenly make a TCG with the complexity and variety of MTG. At best expect a Gameloft iOS game with a WoW skin.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-03-22 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Hm, I'm totally going to try this game because it's free and it's WoW related it seems. I hope it's really good and that it'll entertain me for a while. Hehe.

I think I might have too many expectations for this but meh.

And this will be the first time I play a card game online. I have no idea if I'm going to totally fail or not when I play it.

I've never really been into card games that much, but I'd at least be willing to give it a try. I can't say I'm excited for it but I'm not disappointed either. I'm just sort of neutral.

You forgot to add a "Couldn't care less" option to the poll!

Deleted
    it sounds fun, might be a lot of nostalgia to the good old days ( not saying MoP is bad, just more modern ) where everything feels so romantic, and it looks like the lore part and recognizing alot of the card will be fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day I played MTG a bit and enjoyed it although at the time I was still an avid D&D person with an active group that got together once a week to play and that pretty much satisfied my need to game in groups.

Totally surprised by the announcement and congratulations to Blizzard for keeping something a secret for once before announcing it

I'm interested but in sort of a 'pet battles' way in which I'll take a look at it and see whether or not it does anything for me. Honestly from there it could turn out to be something I play all the time or have no interest in at all.

One of the reasons I never much played any of the card games and stopped playing MTG was lack of a way to get a group together to play and never had any interest in playing them with just two. Would rather play gin rummy in that case.

So maybe "Surprised and Curious" which isn't really in the poll. If they load it up with lore I'm probably more likely to be all in.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Was surprised at first, never been a TCG player but I figured this could be a good entrance into it, but then I realized this is Blizzard jumping on the MTG money printing wagon and it will take me either 8 years or $200 to get a good deck.
    MTG has been around for 20 years now, they've printed over 12,000 unique cards, and they come out with a brand new set every 4 months, currently on their 60th expansion. Magic has over 6 million players and is played in 75 countries with cards printed in 10 different languages. They have novels professionally written with each set to explore the characters in an actual setting, and they have an online version of the game that follows the same rules and has many of the same cards. Hearthstone isn't going to be even remotely close to the same level of depth or collectible game as MTG, and it will always be struggling to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there actually are cards like spell/trap cards I think it'll be a shitty zerg fest card game :/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    You forgot to add a "Couldn't care less" option to the poll!
    Well of course you don't care about it, but I guarantee you Manny would love this game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Of course it's not going to be on the same level as MtG as soon as it's released. You said it yourself, Magic has been around for 2 decades now. How the fudge do you expect any game to be its equal in content. It's exactly the same as when people say whatever new MMO won't be as content saturated as WoW. WoW has 8 years on any new MMO.
    The problem is that the same people who argue against this logic as to why WoW is superior to other MMOs will undeniably use it to explain why this doesn't have as much as other card games, but it's ok. Calling it now.
    BAD WOLF

Now if only:

1) there are chances for rare lootcards/achievements.titles for WoW in some way. Just to have some benefit when you play both.
    2) this being available on phones (all of them mind you, windows, android and ios)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Now if only:

1) there are chances for rare lootcards/achievements.titles for WoW in some way. Just to have some benefit when you play both.
    2) this being available on phones (all of them mind you, windows, android and ios)
    I can imagine they will add things like special cards if you pre-order blah blah, just like the Baneling in WoW and the wings in D3 for CE of HoTS

Deleted
    Oh wow, I just found out that if I'm not in America I'm not legible to the beta. God damn it. >-<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can imagine they will add things like special cards if you pre-order blah blah, just like the Baneling in WoW and the wings in D3 for CE of HoTS
    What are they going to preorder if the game is free?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Oh wow, I just found out that if I'm not in America I'm not legible to the beta. God damn it. >-<
    I'm eligible for the beta and I live in the UK.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    What are they going to preorder if the game is free?
    No, add cards to the game if you preorder expansions of WoW, C3, or SC2.