Poll: Did this announcement meet expectations?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not sold yet. You earn new cards by playing other players. First, unless there's some kind of "level" based matchmaking system, you could end up with a player who has fine-tuned their deck to be completely perfect, and destroy someone playing what basically amounts to MTG's "pre-cons". But, even if you do win, you earn "packs", like you did in Pokemon TCG for Game Boy. Which has random cards in it. Which would be fine, if you didn't have to play other players to earn random cards.

Either there's something missing here, or this is a really bad design setup.

Deleted
    Guess it would be a neat side game, F2P, and might have add feats like the wow tcg. So i'm a bit curious, just don't understand why folks get angry from this spinoff projects... Its free, you dont need to install it with your wow acc., nothing compels you to play.

I'll give my assesment afer beta testing

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Completely missing the fact that you can craft any specific card by destroying other cards.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    But you and your opinion are? I believe I'm as entitled to state mine as everyone else is.
    The quality of this game aside (which might be great, for all I know), only Blizzard would have the arrogance to make the entire world look at them, and then not deliver what they know the world will be expecting.
    Welp I'm done with this convo. You used the word "world" as it's solely yours. The world is not disappointed by this announcement. You and some people are. I simply stated the information that the player base of MTG which is a trading card game alone is bigger than WoW.

And If you're really into Moba scene, you should have known that Blizz All-star won't be able to take away the players from games like LoL or Dota2 that easily. These 2 games have become a part of the e-sport already and I'm pretty sure Blizz is aware of that and doesn't want to put themselves into a risky position. They might make their own Moba but it's not going to be a new game, it'll be a map in SC2 or bgs in WoW like we all heard of.

Deleted
    It seems decent. I like the PoV and the effects, but I don't think I'll spend to much time playing it nor am I sure if I'm going to play it. I atleast appreciate that they're keeping this team small, I don't want them making more people spending time creating a game that is merely a minor feature.

Yeah, I'm not sold yet. You earn new cards by playing other players. First, unless there's some kind of "level" based matchmaking system, you could end up with a player who has fine-tuned their deck to be completely perfect, and destroy someone playing what basically amounts to MTG's "pre-cons". But, even if you do win, you earn "packs", like you did in Pokemon TCG for Game Boy. Which has random cards in it. Which would be fine, if you didn't have to play other players to earn random cards.

So does it mean you can't get new cards if you play against the computer?
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-03-22 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    magic the gathering will always be much better...
    Magic's video game sucks.

Alot of people in my guild poo-poo'd Petbattles too, and I mean some serious hate for it, but these same people tried it and now thats all they seem to want to do in wow anymore.

I don't understand the hate for this beyond hating everything the Blizz does, or finding some reason to hate everything they do. If this isn't your thing then don't do it, its certainly not required. Its there for people who want something to do on their ipads and phones when they can't be on their PC tower or just want some causal wow related fun.

Let the hatred flow through you, that is the quickest way to the dark side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Completely missing the fact that you can craft any specific card by destroying other cards.
    Is there any specifics on that? Do you get to choose which cards you craft? Any preliminary ideas on how much cards will cost, what "disenchanting" cards creates?

Because here's my thoughts. You pick a class, and you get a vanilla deck. This deck has the minimum amount of cards you can play with, as would all premade decks. You can't just start going and destroying cards right away to create anything else. You HAVE to play against other players to earn cards. It seems like a flawed system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Magic's video game sucks.
    I beg to differ. The one thing it lacks is deck building, however that's not what it was designed for. It was designed as an affordable way for people to play the game without having to gamble on card packs or spend outrageous sums of money on single cards.

Deleted
    Is there any specifics on that? Do you get to choose which cards you craft? Any preliminary ideas on how much cards will cost, what "disenchanting" cards creates?

Because here's my thoughts. You pick a class, and you get a vanilla deck. This deck has the minimum amount of cards you can play with, as would all premade decks. You can't just start going and destroying cards right away to create anything else. You HAVE to play against other players to earn cards. It seems like a flawed system.
    Maybe there is a level system like in League of Legends, so when you starts the game you're matched with peoples who starts the game too, and so, they probably havn't bought anything yet, and you can construct a solid basis of cards until you reach the max lvl.

Deleted

They have experiences with SC2 and WoW arena. The MMR system will be used in this game for sure so you will only face the player within your skill range.

It's quite simple for me. You earn more card if you play more. The more you play, the more chance you'll get the card you need to improve your deck. And the random aspect of the reward from the match = Blizz opportunity to make money by selling the card pack. If you want a specific card, you'll need a market community to trade/buy the card. It's just like the other tcg game.

I don't think you should be able to earn a card playing with ui though because how would that fair when you can play against easy ui all day to get cards then use those cards against players? It's going to more like you might be able to earn cards from ui in ui mode, and will be able to use them ONLY in ui mode. And if you don't care to play against other player, why would you care about 1v1 match anyway.
    Last edited by mmoce1ee34efc0; 2013-03-22 at 04:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was explained in the video. You do choose the card. Each card gives the same dust, probably an amount based on quality of card. Then it takes a certain amount of dust per card, probably more based on quality.

But no definitive numbers, just seems like a pretty fair and straightforward system.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    By the looks of things you do get to pick. Both examples of this show what the card will before the card is created, the examples were Deathwing and Grom (Which is around 3:50 iirc in the "what is hearthstone" video).

I've mentioned this like 3 times, but it reminds me so much of TF2's crafting system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fun. Card crafting is new and useful. I've always loved TCGs, but I don't have the money to buy the cards or any friends that play TCGs. I also really like these quick and easy games to play.

I might never spent money on it, but it'll be fun.

So...is this Project Blackstone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It was explained in the video. You do choose the card. Each card gives the same dust, probably an amount based on quality of card. Then it takes a certain amount of dust per card, probably more based on quality.

But no definitive numbers, just seems like a pretty fair and straightforward system.
    I didn't see that, but I can only hope crafting won't be the RNG crafting of D3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I thought that was the Starcraft thing? Or am I being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No. Blackstone is related to Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Maybe there is a level system like in League of Legends, so when you starts the game you're matched with peoples who starts the game too, and so, they probably havn't bought anything yet, and you can construct a solid basis of cards until you reach the max lvl.
    Well, but then you get to the fact that there are nine different decks, so you can be an expert at one deck and that's it. If you want to build the other decks, will it know?