Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this game isn't for you. You seem to be the type that is willing to put time into the gear and achievements you want but is stunned by the sheer amount of shit you have to go through to get it. For me, the best mmo that is the mix between casual and hardcore is Guild Wars 2, which is something I would recommend to you highly. The gear grind isn't a big deal, as you're gonna be caring for the stats most likely, and well... the dailies are extremely extremely small. And not to mention, its 5 man dungeons instead of 10/25 man raids, so less people to depend upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Just like someone downing every single encounter every single week since release isn't "guaranteed" any drop, yet all of them have gotten quite a few. Why? Because the chance of them not getting any drop is so low that it isn't happening, for anyone.

Yes it is, or how small of a chance do you consider "basically non existant" to be? Below 1%? Below 0,1%? Below 0,01%? 0,001?

I can't remember exactly what the chance is after 5.2, but I think it's 25% for lfr, and 25% for elder charms. I'm very tired, so forgive any errors, but assuming 16 bosses, 15 charms and two week we end up with 62 rolls. The chance of not getting a single piece of loot in 62 rolls should then be 0,75^62=~0,0000018%. Guess it's as minuscule as I think.

No, you need to get the key from isle of thunder which is an hour of normal questing/rare killing, and you'll have 15 elder charms if you are bright enough to watch a guide on youtube.

I believe you said that you didn't have a single piece yet, and if you do, well then you are already even closer getting into ToT. You didn't lose anything.

In other words, what you are saying is complete bullshit, it's really fucking easy to get geared for ToT.

Would you like me to calculate the chance of getting two pieces (in two different slots) as well? You don't need to get even close to a full set from lfr to get into and pull your weight in the normal version, where you can get even more (and higher) gear.
    You assume of course that he just has a shit ton of charms lying around well no he doesn't. Especially if he hasn't done any god damn dailies. See DOING DAILIES is the part you don't get. If people don't want to do dailies to get charms how can they have charms to begin with? The chance isn't "miniscule" and you have no idea what the actual percentages are you just pulled shit out of your ass. It was cute though. It is EXACTLY happening. It happened to me and it's happened to others. It's almost cliched at this point to say it but RNG IS RNG which is in and of itself a bad system for catch up. It isn't RELIABLE. Even you should be "bright" enough to understand that.

I agree it is extremely easy. It's JUST TIME CONSUMING and NOT RELIABLE. Unless you get people to carry you in raids or get extremely lucky. No bullshit. Just the facts ma'am.

The most DAMNING thing I can say about this entire expac is that the GS check for pub raiders has returned. My paladin is sitting at Ilvl 484 and I've been rejected from a group trying to kill the last boss in TOES on normal due COMPLETELY TO ITEM LEVEL. It's great. I haven't been rejected from a pug raid like that since god toc? maybe even ulduar? Fantastic. This is exactly what the game needed. Snot nosed punk ass retards in general spamming for ILVL to beat easy normal mode raids because the developers have got their heads up their asses about instant catch up. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-03-25 at 06:49 AM.

Situations like the OPs is the kind of thing that happens when blizzard reduced the entry level to their content for the lowest common denominator then try to ramp up the difficulty again.

Vanilla/BC required heavy time investments to participate in anything related to endgame. Wrath/cata really reduced this and made casual play a viable option. Now MoP is trying to find a balance between the two but you can never please people who want everything handed to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Perhaps it's not for you, but as someone already said, run the new solo scenerio and you will get a ton of elder charms. Remember that in patch 5.2, there has been an increase in the chances that you get from using a coin. Also remember that Sha of Anger and Galleon are up all the time. Kill them both once a week and use one of your many coins you get. Who knows, you might get lucky! I think that was the main reason why they made elder charms so easy to obtain. They knew that for alts, it's been a nightmare so far to gear them up. With that change, I think it's MUCH easier to level an alt now.

A friend got to level 90 mars 7, he is now ilvl 509 and have cleared all the bosses in normal in ToT. The increased droprate in tier14 raids and the insane amounts of bonus roll charms you get now makes gearing extremely quick. And to that add does 3 pieces of valor 522-gear most players have bought now.

Yeah he had some luck with drops, but most people starting a new toon like that should at least have gotten ilvl 490 by now.
    Last edited by Ater; 2013-03-25 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    Hello champs, while playing today on my second 90, my dk, I came to the realization, or fully came to terms with, the fact that in order to get the best gear one has to put a lot of TIME into the game, time I just dont have anymore. Once you get full 463 heroic gear, you face a giant brick wall of time. Heroics were easy as hell, died maybe once in all 20 or so. Got LFR ready in a day and stepped in as a tank for the first time. Did the first two raids and didnt die once (not to show off my mad skills, just to show how easy they are) and got a chest piece and a belt. Bought a trinket, did sha to get the boots and did gal. Now I can either poor a few hours into dailies to get out-dated gear and valor to get, again, out-dated gear or not do dailies and slowly grind through LFR, which at this rate would take 2 months to get into normal MSV/HoF/TOES groups. Then, assuming those groups would take an inexperienced person, I would spend a few months trying to get to 500 where I could finally do ToT! woohoo... only 6 months behind at this point and havent spend a tone of time just trying to catch up. Maybe its just me, but I honestly dont feel like putting this much effort into the game anymore. Call me lazy and what not, but Im sure im not the only one that feels this way with MoP. Dont even get me started on PVP...
    Maybe I should just take a break, but damn this makes me sad.
    "Now I can either poor a few hours into dailies to get out-dated gear". If it's better than what you have, then it isn't "outdated". Just because it's not the latest and greatest doesn't mean you shouldn't get it. Gearing up is easier than ever with world bosses, LFR, Tokens, etc. It isn't going to take you 2 months to get into normal MSV. Don't use hyperbole because you want to feel sorry for yourself. If you are at 463 ilvl, guess what? You're MSV ready. Alot of TIME isn't needed to get geared anymore. And you don't need 500 ilvl for terrace. Are you seriously trying to just find excuses? Take a break. You're too dramatic.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You assume of course that he just has a shit ton of charms lying around well no he doesn't. Especially if he hasn't done any god damn dailies. See DOING DAILIES is the part you don't get. If people don't want to do dailies to get charms how can they have charms to begin with? The chance isn't "miniscule" and you have no idea what the actual percentages are you just pulled shit out of your ass. It was cute though. It is EXACTLY happening. It happened to me and it's happened to others. It's almost cliched at this point to say it but RNG IS RNG which is in and of itself a bad system for catch up. It isn't RELIABLE. Even you should be "bright" enough to understand that.

I agree it is extremely easy. It's JUST TIME CONSUMING and NOT RELIABLE. Unless you get people to carry you in raids or get extremely lucky. No bullshit. Just the facts ma'am.

The most DAMNING thing I can say about this entire expac is that the GS check for pub raiders has returned. My paladin is sitting at Ilvl 484 and I've been rejected from a group trying to kill the last boss in TOES on normal due COMPLETELY TO ITEM LEVEL. It's great. I haven't been rejected from a pug raid like that since god toc? maybe even ulduar? Fantastic. This is exactly what the game needed. Snot nosed punk ass retards in general spamming for ILVL to beat easy normal mode raids because the developers have got their heads up their asses about instant catch up. Fantastic.
    It's not "Pub" raiders. Pug. And it isn't time consuming. You're another one. You're too emotional for playing with other ppl. And you exaggerate to justify yourself. Get over yourself dude. You calling other ppl "snot nosed punk retards"? That's exactly what you sound like dude. Grow the fuck up.

WoW So gear doesn't grow on trees?
    This game ain't for you cuz nobody got time fo dat

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    You assume of course that he just has a shit ton of charms lying around well no he doesn't. Especially if he hasn't done any god damn dailies. See DOING DAILIES is the part you don't get. If people don't want to do dailies to get charms how can they have charms to begin with?
    Are you blind or stupid? I already told you exactly how to get 15 elder charms without doing a single daily.

The chance isn't "miniscule" and you have no idea what the actual percentages are you just pulled shit out of your ass. It was cute though.
    I even showed you how I ended up with said percentage. If you think the math is incorrect, please tell me where.

It is EXACTLY happening. It happened to me and it's happened to others. It's almost cliched at this point to say it but RNG IS RNG which is in and of itself a bad system for catch up.
    No it isn't. In your subjective fury about never getting gear I bet you are forgetting multiple drops and/or that you didn't have/use coins.

It isn't RELIABLE. Even you should be "bright" enough to understand that.
    If the chance of something occuring is so small that it most likely won't occur for a single player in wow (10 million players) I'd say that it's quite reliable.

I've given you facts, you've given me subjective whining. There are never any guarantees getting loot, not (getting carried) in raids, nor doing lfr, but the chance of not getting loot if you do them for a week or two is so small that I bet you can't show me a single case where it happened.

Yet I can pug toes with 470 ilvl? Guess it's you and not your ilvl. That a few selected players demand gear way above what's required isn't new (and a bit understandable, considering the reliability of pugs), this has been the case in every single expo.

in order to get the best gear one has to put a lot of TIME into the game
    Really? REALLY?! It all makes perfect sense now! Mind. Blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

It's ok, OP. You weren't going to get "the best gear" anyway.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello champs, while playing today on my second 90, my dk, I came to the realization, or fully came to terms with, the fact that in order to get the best gear one has to put a lot of TIME into the game, time I just dont have anymore. Once you get full 463 heroic gear, you face a giant brick wall of time. Heroics were easy as hell, died maybe once in all 20 or so. Got LFR ready in a day and stepped in as a tank for the first time. Did the first two raids and didnt die once (not to show off my mad skills, just to show how easy they are) and got a chest piece and a belt. Bought a trinket, did sha to get the boots and did gal. Now I can either poor a few hours into dailies to get out-dated gear and valor to get, again, out-dated gear or not do dailies and slowly grind through LFR, which at this rate would take 2 months to get into normal MSV/HoF/TOES groups. Then, assuming those groups would take an inexperienced person, I would spend a few months trying to get to 500 where I could finally do ToT! woohoo... only 6 months behind at this point and havent spend a tone of time just trying to catch up. Maybe its just me, but I honestly dont feel like putting this much effort into the game anymore. Call me lazy and what not, but Im sure im not the only one that feels this way with MoP. Dont even get me started on PVP...
    Maybe I should just take a break, but damn this makes me sad.
    1 advice - Get good raiding guild ! If you are eager for Raiding and you got the skill they will take you on raiding even with Faction-reputation-gear, if you do dailies and LFR every week you will always have the gear that is acceptable for raiding. And when you have good raiding Guild be sure in month or little more you will have decent gear.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have a fresh 90 hit 480+ in about 2 weeks, with no charms, dailies or crafted items.

Chain run heroics (easy as a tank, as a dps/healer either kill time in queue either doing scenarios/bgs/dailies), get the gear that you can but convert all JP into HP and get the 476 pvp gear till you are 470+. After that run all the old tier of LFR for about 2 weeks and buy the 522 neck piece. That's it, even with crappy luck you'll be 480 and running the latest LFR and be gear enough to PUG a raid (provided you got rid of most of that PVP gear).

I know the PVP pieces cheese the system but if you can hold your own then no one will notice/care. Also you could buy some crafted or BOEs off the AH and just keep them in your bag to cheese the system and then either sell the gear after you are 480 or send it to an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoegum View Post
    So being "so easy to gear" have you or your guild cleared Throne of Thunder yet? I applaud this new patch and raid, the mechanics are more technical than ever, for instance Ji-kun and Durumu. I'm really enjoying progression thru 5.2 raid bosses, minus the add time-sinks.. Yes some guilds are through ToT and even less are now doing heroics. But a lot of guilds are still running Heroic 5.1 content, and LFR, to gear... its only 502 ilvl. They need world bosses like Oondasta that drops once a week for 522 gear. The truth is people are having to gear from bottom to top just like past expansions. They kept new Sunreaver Onslaught reputation gear to 496 gear, so daily runners do not benefit by receiving 522 gear. Benefiting above others who do not prefer to run dailies everyday. +1 for 5.2
    Gonna down durumu tonight if ppl open their eyes and move from crap (playing in a casual 10m guild, some ppl in it could need a braincheck).
    Though gear dont have much to do with the raids now, only council pre nerf that was hard with ilvl 490-500. Now we got average ilvl 504 and first 6 bosses drop so fast. (Did u typo that ji-kun was technical? We got ppl that fail on the bridge trash but got this boss in 3rd pull..)

Dont rly see what my post about old gear got to do with ToT raiding though, u need 490~ for ToT and the catch up to that is very fast.

Edit: Durumu & Primordius down, primo another joke boss
    Last edited by BergErr; 2013-03-25 at 09:27 PM.