Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love my cat too Last night he got on the bed first, so i had to kinda squeeze around him >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I love my cat too Last night he got on the bed first, so i had to kinda squeeze around him >.<
    Cats can sometimes annoy me like that.
    They will never move. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Love is love though, no matter what you think. What she did is completely normal, because she loves them so much.
    Crazy people can't have feelings? They are not necessarily connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    On the contrary, i am quite narcissistic, hence my dislike of crazy people.

So according to your logic this woman is normal, since love is love, and it doesn't make her crazy,huh?
    Keeping 100 dead cats in a freezer is FAR, VERY FAR, from loving the living cat you have..
    If you cannot see the difference, that only furthers my belief, that you sir, are the crazy one.

Good day.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Yes, that is a little crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Because you're obviously an angry person. Love is love, no matter how YOU see it. Some see obsession, some see infatuation, some see love.. None of the above make him crazy.
    you´re absolutely right! let´s hand out medals for all the stalkers out there

nah i know what you mean, sometimes it´s just got to show some affection and to be loved even if it´s an animal, just don´t end up like this woman
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2013-03-25 at 12:23 PM.

Absolutely. If the thing you love most is a cat, you need to work on your ability to handle human relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing you said that's weird is that he has every cat toy, only if it's literal lol.

It's fine to spoil your animal, they're part of your family.

I think the Christmas card bit is a step too far, but it's fairly harmless & innocent so nothing too wrong with that really. Just something for the lolz I suppose. Overall I'd say excessive, but not crazy.

Honestly I think that if you didn't love your pets & treat them like family then you shouldn't have them. While it's true that the money could be used to help the poor etc. (which I guess is what people are trying to say they make a fuss about how some people live worse than your pet), but the same could be said of any luxury / non-essential.

It's true some replace human companionship with pets for whatever reason, or they use them to fill a void that's been left by a loss, but that is hardly the worst way of dealing with those issues. Not everyone needs it, but some definitely would be lost without their animal companions. Plenty of people just have a pet because they like having a pet around, and I think it would be unnatural not to develop a strong bond with a long-term pet.
    Last edited by poogle; 2013-03-25 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet!

OT: Yes, you can love them too much. Everything in moderation.

Deleted
    I'm a cat person myself. But knowing cats and their egoistic ways I put a limit on the love lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    It's fine to spoil your animal, they're part of your family.
    I disagree with this. While spoiling isn't always that bad (with toys or something), spoiling with food isn't good for any animal. Having them get fat is unhealthy like it is for humans. Also, while you probably know this, giving (cow)milk to animals is bad as their body isn't build for taking in milk after the wheening period.

I think you can judge a person's character by how they treat animals. You can't love them too much, unless...well, you know.

Sounds pretty much normal to me.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

Or you're crazy/weird. Your choice, OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I disagree with this. While spoiling isn't always that bad (with toys or something), spoiling with food isn't good for any animal. Having them get fat is unhealthy like it is for humans. Also, while you probably know this, giving (cow)milk to animals is bad as their body isn't build for taking in milk after the wheening period.
    I know that what you said is true but some cats actually don't become lactose intolerant after kittenhood. Our cat was taken away from her mother way too early than she should have been (Her mother tried to kill her and her siblings). So we had to bottle-feed her with formula and cows milk for a few months. When we later tried to introduce her to water she simply didn't drink it. She's 23 now and still drinks milk.

Think it's the same for humans as well. Most of us become intolerant to lactose after puberty, others never do.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    NOT AT ALL!

I love my two babies so much! My son (Arioch) acts like a dog... he even barks. My daughter (Gaia) is my heart. They are as important to me as anyone who has human children. I miss them terribly right now, but i will see them again soon. People just don't understand why some people can be so passionate about animals in general, let alone thinking of them as our children. When my wife's dog passed (shortly after we got together) she was utterly inconsolable and broken hearted for a LONG time. Her dog was her heart, was everything to her.

They aren't stupid creatures by any stretch. Arioch walks around the house crying and looking for me when i leave (my wife tells me this). I'm sure he's not doing that anymore, but I will see him soon, and I will hug him and kiss him and tell him how much i missed him... and I know he misses me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    They didn't say anything about giving them excess food, or anything about food in general.

If you're spoiling your pets to become fatties then sure that's a bad thing to do.
    But any vet will easily tell you if your animal needs a diet change. And the fact this person seems very attached to it, I assume it's treated well enough to have visits the vet for shots and checkups.

Deleted
    My dog likes to sleep spooning me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    They didn't say anything about giving them excess food, or anything about food in general.
    True. However, spoiling goes multiple ways. Either with food, toys, being treaten like humans, etc. While spoiling them with toys is good (practicing hunting/motor skills), spoiling with food or treat them like they're equals is bad. Most animals will try to push the boundaries if they don't get taught how you want them to behave.