Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

5.2 PVE BM or SV dominance?

Just from what we've seen, what can we expect to see to take dominance from these two specs?

Right now its basically SV for most boss fights, and aoe fights, and BM for a handful of boss fights. Do you think this will change at all?

Currently the set bonuses are in BM's favor, next patch they will be in SV's favor. The difference between the two will be even smaller than it is now, meaning it's only really worth it to go BM if your pet can't hold you back, and it's a purely singletarget fight.

I hope than SV or MM (yeah right...) will be best spec. BM is sooooo boooooring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    I hope than SV or MM (yeah right...) will be best spec. BM is sooooo boooooring.
    BM is amazing. SV is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    BM is amazing. SV is awful.
    Eyes of the beholder. BM has no proc to keep track of, it's a 100% rigid rotation with absolutly no randomness, apart from substituting cobra shots for arcane shot dependant on pet-focus regen. You do everything in a set order. It's the "easier" spec of the two.
    Along with that, surv is the only spec capable of "multidotting" on any kind of level thats worth doing.

Calling survival harder to play than BM? What class are you playin lol. Lock and load is full retard ever since the change to explosive shot.

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    Calling survival harder to play than BM? What class are you playin lol. Lock and load is full retard ever since the change to explosive shot.
    Even before the change, it was still pretty freakin' easy.

I think that Draco was calling BM "easier" because there aren't procs to look out for. "it's a 100% rigid rotation with absolut(e)ly no randomness". Unlike Survival with 1 proc to look at.

Deleted
    and both specs are harder than 80% of the other dps specs so :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    BM has large burst damage but can fade away during long fights, from what I remember and is very dependent on your pet being alive, is so so on multiple targets. SV has awesome aoe capabilities with multishot especially with serpent sting being applied to multiple targets your dps can soar talking 300k+ on tightly packed mobs and played right single target in SV can be very nice indeed.

Have seen SV hunters doing 100k+ on some boss fights and on worse cases they are still doing 50k. You will find most good hunters will go SV over BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    I've always preferred playing MM over the other specs. Hopefully it will one day get the help it so very much needs.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    I've always preferred playing MM over the other specs. Hopefully it will one day get the help it so very much needs.
    Mm was pretty good in firelands I remember atm it does not do bad but being 2-4k behind other specs means nobody will use it

We technically shouldn't be going to for set bonuses next tier since they're awful.(Low proc rate, low uptimes, poorly itemized.) It will likely depend on the fight. Any fight with consistent adds will be Surv, any fight where we can focus one target will likely be BM. Same as this tier.

I wish SV gets better, I find BM annoying to play.

Deleted
    The tier sets are indeed awful, but some classes are even worse (look at shadow priest, completely scaled around apparition procs).

All hunter specs are as boring, but then again I also play a lock, mage and they just feel more fun due to little stuff like blink and portals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I multidot with BM too after the SerpentSting Buff, Amiwrong? Also what I find sad is that MM is practically unplayable PvE eversince Dragon Soul. It is seemingly buffed for 5.2 but but the internal Proc rates of the Set Boni and the legendary Gem are fewer than those of the other specs.
    Not really. it'll still be better to chug on serpent stings on non-dotted targets for BM than using arcane shots, but only by a little, and it's a "taxing" task compared to the gain. Survival's benefit is much bigger due to mastery and such making serpent sting hit like a truck, and multishot allowing multiple applications instantly.
    As for MM, one of our hunters went MM on feng a few weeks back, and his top 3 damaging abilities were auto shot, wild quiver, and his pet. Never really tried since. It's just dumb, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    I'm playing hunter. What about you? Survival still has a bigger amount of RNG to it than BM does, making it the "harder" spec - along with having more to keep track of (focus build for BA+Explo vs just KC). That's not to say that either spec are very hard to play, because they're not. Atleast, not with the tier set bonus (extending BW by 6 seconds means you can't possibly save up for 16 seconds of non-cobra damage without using Fervor, so you have to cast cobra's anyway = BW might aswell be your normal dps prio - KC>Arcane shot>Cobra if low on focus).

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    and both specs are harder than 80% of the other dps specs so :P
    Which ones exactly? Hunter is _the_ easiest ranged class in game, period. If you count melees as 20% than you may be right, but I doubt all melee classes are easier to play (didn't play any melee in MoP, so can't tell).

On topic, I hope SV will be ahead. Really hate BM for having completely set rotation, already sick of it. Also, being totally pet-dependent is terrible.

However, I don't think we'll play one spec and avoid the other two in 5.2. SV will always be the spec of choice for multi-dotting and AOE and BM will still shine in fights with phases of amplified damage thanks to its burst.
    Last edited by Kjalar; 2013-02-18 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    Which ones exactly? Hunter is _the_ easiest ranged class in game, period. If you count melees as 20% than you may be right, but I doubt all melee classes are easier to play (didn't play any melee in MoP, so can't tell).

On topic, I hope SV will be ahead. Really hate BM for having completely set rotation, already sick of it. Also, being totally pet-dependent is terrible.

However, I don't think we'll play one spec and avoid the other two in 5.2. SV will always be the spec of choice for multi-dotting and AOE and BM will still shine in fights with phases of amplified damage thanks to its burst.
    lol you thin a mage is hard to play??? warriors DKs and enhancement shamans are a joke to play. BM for a fact has more kills they HAVE to use then every other spec in game right now. IMO SV is pretty easy to play you just have to pay attention to the proc.

No reason to get into the whole "My class is harder than your"-stuff. Unless you've done extensive heroic raiding, during current content, on the classes you are "shaming", along with getting ranks as both hunter and whatever other class, you don't really have alot of authority on the topic. Everyone always wants to be "special", and that's best achieved if you're doing something thats harder than what other people do.
    All classes are equally easy to play, and hard to master, Leave it at that.

Deleted

Your honestly think hunters are easier than mages, locks, ele shamans, shadow priests, Boomkins? I dont

Mage/Lock/Shaman are all easier imo. They have so much more room for error to recover sustained damage. Hunter sustained DPS falls off like crazy if you mess up at all and its hard to bring it back. If you screw up your burst in the beginning at all then it pretty much dictates your damage bleed for the rest of the fight and nothing can really be done about it. That's not so much the case with the other classes.