Deleted

[Balance] Starsurge proc while casting Starsurge

I have been getting this strange behaviour from my starsurge procs and hope someone can enlighten me about the underlying mechanic/problem/whatever:

Anytime i get a starsurge proc while casting starsurge, i cannot shot out the second after finishing the first cast, but am kind of locked out (for about 1 gcd?) until i can use the proc. I have been dealing with this by casting something else (wrath/starfire) before i try to use it.

Now that i am going into heroic raiding again i hope to finally solve this problem, so:
    Anyone seeing the same behaviour and any tips on dealing with it?

Note: Might be that something else is causing this, but i am pretty sure that it is getting procs while hardcasting starsurge.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot cast the proc until the first cast starsurge hit the target (so it is no longer in the air), this was implemented somewhere in Cata for PvP burst reduction.

Deleted
    I believe the way it works is that you remain locked out until the initial starsurge hits the target. You can test this by playing about on the dummy at various ranges. If you are right next to the dummy then you can pretty much cast both starsurges back to back, but if you are miles away you'll definitely need to cast a wrath / starfire in between. My advice would probably be just cast another spell in between if you are at any kind of range. Waiting for it to light up again while doing nothing would almost certainly be a dps loss.
    And yes, what you describe is getting a proc during a hardcast of starsurge. Hope that helps.

Edit: someone else answered first

This is caused by the fact that we cannot have two / three spells flying through the air at one time striking our target (PvP burst reason I think was the main issue when the system was put in place), in order to counter this you simply have to stand as close to your target (if feasible) to minimise the travel time of your spell.

EDIT: Too slow, the good people on the druid forums beat me to it :P

Deleted
    Isn't it quite inconsequent having this only happen while hard-casting starsurge? I am pretty sure that you do not get locked out if you get a SS proc while using up another SS proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt know about the starsurge in the air having to hit the target before you can use the other one. Does this maybe also have something to do with the Starsurge bug I get sometimes? Or, actually, pretty often.

Sometimes when starsurge proc and im already casting one, I never get to cast the one that procs. It gets the normal CD, while I do have the proc. Its annoying me so bad, and I never found out what caused it. May it the that the Starsurge thats in the air never actually did hit the target, so the cd didnt reset?

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    This is caused by the fact that we cannot have two / three spells flying through the air at one time striking our target (PvP burst reason I think was the main issue when the system was put in place), in order to counter this you simply have to stand as close to your target (if feasible) to minimise the travel time of your spell.

EDIT: Too slow, the good people on the druid forums beat me to it :P
    Not quite true. It's only for Starsurge, we can chain Wrath at our leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    Isn't it quite inconsequent having this only happen while hard-casting starsurge? I am pretty sure that you do not get locked out if you get a SS proc while using up another SS proc.
    It's on all SS casts.