Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just did a random BG as my Arms Warrior (478 PVP Weapon, Fully Malevolent 470/483 mix with 1/2 pieces Tyrannical) and my highest Deep Wounds was 38k. BG was a Temple of Kotmogu. Just realised how much damage it actually does now compared to 5.1 (Holy ####). Only thing that beat it was Dragon Roar. Given up on serious PVP as Warrior seen as though they're squishy and if Charge is on cooldown practically screwed, spose I can hope to live long enough for Deep Wounds to do something.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet op is noob and it was bloodbath
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    op is a liar, it crits that high on bosses, 60k on a player?
    never
    Last night in a random BG I took a 57k DW tick, followed by a 52k tick. Most were in the 20k range, but the OP isn't alone. I was quite shocked to see such a big hit, and I can't imagine that it is supposed to tick that high even with berserking. 67% resilience btw.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I bet op is noob and it was bloodbath
    Nope. I checked the combat log and it was Deep Wounds.

Though I didn't screen shot it, he didn't have berserking up, and he wasn't holding an orb (it was in ToK)

10+ Year Old Account
    wow cry me a river-warriors have been nerfed to shit since mop started "and forever".and now you are crying because deep wounds actully does damage now?OMG hold the presses,deep wounds can actually kill another player in pvp,wow nerf that shit fast.they removed rend and made deep wounds do the same thing.im glad they buffed it because it was worthless before the buff.

what class is the OP playing as in pvp?

I Can confirm what the OP is saying. After an arena i've been critted 67k from a deep wound tick. That might be a bug tho because I didnt feel that much of a crit into the arena. Maybe when you leave the arena with dots on, they ignore resi or something... 67k crit from a dot is way too much in pvp. I'm happy when my SW:P crit 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    wow cry me a river-warriors have been nerfed to shit since mop started "and forever".and now you are crying because deep wounds actully does damage now?OMG hold the presses,deep wounds can actually kill another player in pvp,wow nerf that shit fast.they removed rend and made deep wounds do the same thing.im glad they buffed it because it was worthless before the buff.

what class is the OP playing as in pvp?
    Inc the "my class got nurfed so i deserve something op". The fact that they have been constantly nurfed since MoP started is because they have been constantly op since MoP started. They are not in a bad place now, they are balanced, Could use a tiny bit of love on the survivability front which is where they are giving buffs on 5.3 ptr. It is quite absurd that you think a single DoT from an already powerful melee class should be able to kill someone. The Bleed mechanic more or less was there to counter stealth classes and it did the job fine. Lets so a little math:

So deep wounds got a 100% buff. Which would mean these 30-60k ticks people are talking about could be cut in half to 15-30k ticks. You acknowledge that it does indeed hit that high so my question you is, what makes you think a dot ticking for 15-30k is worthless?

What class the op plays is irrelevant, no matter what you would try to attack his credibility.

Deleted
    Deep Wounds is a 15 sec dot, which goes off every 3 sec. If I'm correct, that's 6 ticks per DW (or 5, if it doesn't start instantly?). So out of these 6 ticks, one should be a crit.

Total average DW damage = 5*30k + 1*60k = 210k damage from one ability. 50% to 60% of player health.

Hm.... looks fine? Maybe.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-29 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Deep Wounds is a 15 sec dot, which goes off every 3 sec. If I'm correct, that's 6 ticks per DW (or 5, if it doesn't start instantly?). So out of these 6 ticks, one should be a crit.

Total average DW damage = 5*30k + 1*60k = 210k damage from one ability. 50% to 60% of player health.

Hm.... looks fine? Maybe.

It's not really fine though because it is applied passively, you don't time it or have to think about it, it doesn't cost a global cooldown you wouldn't normally use anyway and if you can stick on your target the dot never drops.

It's basically free extra dps and the damage seems a bit steep for that : /.

Edit: And obviously it being a dot makes the damage unheard of anyway :P.
    Last edited by mmoc74a3289bbe; 2013-03-29 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    I think one also needs to add the damage of the attack that triggers DW to the total damage, as they cannot be separated, they always come together. So it's Mortal Strike + 210k That is ONE attack, that doesn't have a cast time of 3 sec. It's about equal in DPS to what Second Wind can heal.

But, if this is true, it should be good enough to bring more warriors into the tops of the 3v3 ladders. Currently, there are no warriors, apart from 2 or 3 heroes.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-29 at 02:10 PM.

Warriors are not OP in PVP anymore, so its fine

I don't know what you guys are talking about but Tyrranical Warrior vs Tyrranical Shadow Priest, Deep Wounds hits for roughly 10K. Without Shadow form, we would expect Deep Wounds to hit for 12-13K. Its pretty strong compared to a true dot like Shadow Priest's 5.5-6K Vampiric Touch and SW: Pain but its no where near as OP as the asserted 30K per tick.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about but Tyrranical Warrior vs Tyrranical Shadow Priest, Deep Wounds hits for roughly 10K. Without Shadow form, we would expect Deep Wounds to hit for 12-13K. Its pretty strong compared to a true dot like Shadow Priest's 5.5-6K Vampiric Touch and SW: Pain but its no where near as OP as the asserted 30K per tick.
    To summarize your statement; "I've never seen it so its not true -insert irrelevant information to try to support statement-." As the op stated there could be certain parameters which it is required for the DoT to tick that high and happens enough to where people notice it, whether it be a glitch or intended.

Personally I've seen it, being under geared, randomly ticking for 20k+.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    To summarize your statement; "I've never seen it so its not true -insert irrelevant information to try to support statement-." As the op stated there could be certain parameters which it is required for the DoT to tick that high and happens enough to where people notice it, whether it be a glitch or intended.

Personally I've seen it, randomly ticking for 20k+, then again being under geared my post is irrelevant.
    *Fixed for you*

If you are judging an ability due to being under-geared especially in outrageous situations like the Temple of Kotmogu battleground you are missing the entire point.
    Last edited by puhtaterz; 2013-03-29 at 04:32 PM.

Personally I've seen it, being under geared, randomly ticking for 20k+.
    So your problem is that it ticks for 20K with cooldowns and such popped on an undergeared target... I don't see how this is a fair statement at all.

Everyone does more damage with cooldowns popped. Hell, many classes, warriors included, can burn 400-500K worth of health after resilience in an 8 second window.

On a legitimately geared target without cooldowns, it ticks for ~12k. I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't get people crying about warrior "nerfs". They are beyond OP right now and are pretty hard to counter by any class while they're in god mode for a good portion of a match.

Once you leave combat against a player, Resilience stops working - you can test this with a rogue easily just have him put up deadly poison/rupture on you and then vanish.

So your problem is that it ticks for 20K with cooldowns and such popped on an undergeared target... I don't see how this is a fair statement at all.

Everyone does more damage with cooldowns popped. Hell, many classes, warriors included, can burn 400-500K worth of health after resilience in an 8 second window.

On a legitimately geared target without cooldowns, it ticks for ~12k. I don't see what the big deal is.
    I apologize, i didn't phrase that correcntly. I'm undergeared, and i never stated i used cds.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by puhtaterz View Post
    *Fixed for you*

If you are judging an ability due to being under-geared especially in outrageous situations like the Temple of Kotmogu battleground you are missing the entire point.
    Please elaborate on how me being undergeared and still having it tick for absurd numbers makes my post irrelevant. If anything it makes it more relevant. And please point out where i said Temple of kotmogu
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-03-29 at 04:44 PM.

I'm undergeared, and i never stated i used cds.
    So you're saying, being an undergeared warrior with no CDs or other extraneous factors like ToK orbs, you're able to pull off 20K Deep Wounds hits when a full Tyrannical Warrior only does 12K Deep Wound hits.

I call BS.

No.

Did 2s on my 66.5% resil dk the yesterday. Biggest crit tick was 35k in unholy presence with no outside DR since im a DK and the war had mostly 2/2 up'd Mal and tyrannical. Compare this to his ret partner whos censure was crit ticking for well over 50k and had 35k less life than the warrior. Deep wounds needed a damage buff to help warriors sustained.

And as others are saying, resil stops working for dots when you leave an arena/bg. Its obvious, any dot hits 2-3x harder than normal. Might also work for world pvp after a fight is over, not sure.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-03-29 at 05:09 PM.

So you're saying, being an undergeared warrior with no CDs or other extraneous factors like ToK orbs, you're able to pull off 20K Deep Wounds hits when a full Tyrannical Warrior only does 12K Deep Wound hits.

I call BS.
    And several other warriors, fully geared mind you, on this specific thread have stated they've seen 30-60k crits.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-03-29 at 05:24 PM.