Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    It is somewhat feasible that hunters in 10 man who have the all-powerful immunity of deterrence might have to perform a more raid-utility-ish role than the average 25 man hunter. Hell, I have to frost trap all the loa spirits on Council because we don't have other feasible solutions (we have a frost DK who can go chillblains, but he's usually nowhere near Mar'li unless she's empowered). I am for some reason automatically given turtle kicking duty every week. Shit sucks.

I do almost all dirty work in our 25 man group. And still in upper half of dps. This is why I love hunter Do things and do it well. Maybe excpet Tortos ;]

Deleted
    When you use snake trap just be ware to not knock the dino to far away. It can Evade. That what happened for me yesterday, he will still chase you and hit you and your attacks just miss.. annoying as hell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I am for some reason automatically given turtle kicking duty every week. Shit sucks.
    Yeah that sucks. Everything on hunters back If you got a mage let him do the kicking since mages suck on tortos compared to hunters.
    on council we get a priest to use his Void Tendrils.

HC Magera - Binding shot works on nether wyrms.
    You can FD the Torrent of Ice but note it will target other player. Best way to use it is FD when you get past haf time on your debuff running back - the ray will usually go back to someone in your raid covering itself and not reaching any player (with correct positioning - max range). It is usefull when you are targeted last before the rampage - lets you get back to raid sooner for gather up.
    Last edited by mmoc2909f72852; 2013-03-21 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    I do almost all dirty work in our 25 man group. And still in upper half of dps. This is why I love hunter Do things and do it well. Maybe excpet Tortos ;]
    Yeah... my DPS would be much higher on Tortos if I wasn't kicking turtle shells around all the time lol.

Kicking shells takes some positioning (which we lose maybe 1 global for, 0 if you know what you are doing) and kicking shell takes like 1 sec, how can you "lose alot" of dps by doing that..

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Kicking shells takes some positioning (which we lose maybe 1 global for, 0 if you know what you are doing) and kicking shell takes like 1 sec, how can you "lose alot" of dps by doing that..
    Heroic takes timing, planning of order to use shells for uptime on bats/boss, turtles end up in the back of the room out of range of the boss, you have to dodge rockfalls that actually hurts on heroic (no issues taking one in normal), and aiming time (which is more significant than you let on)... Just go ahead and try it on heroic and come back and tell us how easy it is =P

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Heroic takes timing, planning of order to use shells for uptime on bats/boss, turtles end up in the back of the room out of range of the boss, you have to dodge rockfalls that actually hurts on heroic (no issues taking one in normal), and aiming time (which is more significant than you let on)... Just go ahead and try it on heroic and come back and tell us how easy it is =P
    I will. But I seriously don't understand why hunters are complaining about "having to do it."

I don't complain that I have to do it... I'm just saying my DPS goes down when I do. I know I can pull a lot more if I didn't have to kick. But I would rather kick and get the boss down then leave the job to someone who has a hard time doing it.

I'm not on heroic like Dracodraco, but it still takes some concentrating to get it done. Running around to turtles that are all over the place can kill DPS. Dodging other shells while you are about to kick and have to time it right kills DPS as well. If all I had to do was just use one global cool down my DPS wouldn't be effected lol.

Just like Blade Lord.. I was assigned to CC. My DPS didn't suffer.

Hey guys - I'm retiring from raiding (because I feel that the rigidness of a raiding schedule is impacting my social life). I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking over this thread? I guess you'd have to copy/paste and start over - it does say on the main post where I stopped updating. If no one wants to take this over, I'll still be lurking and will try to keep this updated. I just feel like someone else might be better suited for it since I'm hanging up my bow...

Maybe it can be merged into a new one created by someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Dark Animus - You can deterrence right before someone dispels you and you will not take any damage from the swap. Confirmed this a couple of times last night.
    It works better to soak someone else's debuff after jolt too, dont dispel them at all and let a deterrence'd hunter take the full hit, as well as having a shieldwall up for jolt, it's a double-win

I forgot to share my findings on Horridon about feign death interaction with charge. You can feign death it, but it will go to another raid member. Not particularly useful and probably will cause some confusion.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

We've closed this thread to start a new thread with different authorship. Please post all new tips there. I will update the new thread with new tips.

Much thanks to bella for originally creating the thread, all credit will be given.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-03-29 at 09:33 PM.