Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    holy isn't meant to top the charts and never was. holy imo has always been about staying one step ahead and providing burst aoe healing when needed that no other class can compete with in a short space of time.. your not meant to spam away and look at recount as holy, your meant to trickle along pleasantly and then BANG and heal like a mother fucker for 10 secs or whatever and back to trickling along ;p....
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I believe that's where the issue is.
    It's the price you pay when you play a priest; we have two very viable healing specs.

People choose absorbs, because they are faster and disc provides more DPS to the raid. This is also primarily seen in TOP TIER PROGRESSION GUILDS who are racing for world firsts/server firsts ect.

For your average raider, who is not consumed in progression racing; holy is 100% viable on all forms and honestly should not be underestimated at all. If you want to look from a *hps* perspective, holy is capable of just as much as disc in terms of raw numbers currently. As is shown on multiple logs where I watch holy priests destroy disc at times.

It's the same as any guild rotating out a melee DPS for a ranged DPS on a fight that requires more ranged, and having melee is detrimental. You are going to (and should be) looking to benefit your raid as best you can and thats going to mean switching from time to time. However, that does NOT make holy not viable; if anything I find it to be more viable on a couple fights this tier compared to disc.

If only holy priests had a way of changing their spec if they felt another spec would be more beneficial to their raid for a given fight or raid comp. Maybe blizzard could add that in.

Spec loyalty is so silly unless you're in a pretty casual guild that doesn't worry at all about progression, and if that's the case then you're already far more concerned with macro'ing in the best RP emotes to your abilities than what your best spec is. So many people say things like, "I've been a disc priest since level 10 and always will be" or "I'm shadow and will never, ever heal." Learn to play your class and not just one third of it. I'm Shadow MS but have done a lot of healing. Holy is very solid, and for now I'm keeping that for my primary OS so I don't conflict so much with the other 1-2 disc priests we have in our 25-man raids. I feel that when we need another healer for some reason, Holy fits in for a general spot much more than possibly a 3rd disc. However, if another disc is needed, you bet I'm totally fine playing that spec, too (I was our 2nd disc priest for a pretty OP healing setup on HM Shek'zeer 10-man progression a while back). Get an addon or two to save configurations for more than 2 specs and you can swap between all 3 in just the time it takes you to change your glyphs/talents and a quick reforge (also done quickly with reforgelite). I recommend Action Bar Saver. Most other things (clique) already allow more than 2 profiles for playing every class of your class. If you spend a decent amount of your time playing this game and want to raid with any sort of seriousness, there's no reason to not be ready to switch to any of our 3 specs.
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2013-03-31 at 08:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    It's the price you pay when you play a priest; we have two very viable healing specs.

People choose absorbs, because they are faster and disc provides more DPS to the raid. This is also primarily seen in TOP TIER PROGRESSION GUILDS who are racing for world firsts/server firsts ect.

For your average raider, who is not consumed in progression racing; holy is 100% viable on all forms and honestly should not be underestimated at all. If you want to look from a *hps* perspective, holy is capable of just as much as disc in terms of raw numbers currently. As is shown on multiple logs where I watch holy priests destroy disc at times.

It's the same as any guild rotating out a melee DPS for a ranged DPS on a fight that requires more ranged, and having melee is detrimental. You are going to (and should be) looking to benefit your raid as best you can and thats going to mean switching from time to time. However, that does NOT make holy not viable; if anything I find it to be more viable on a couple fights this tier compared to disc.
    This is one of the most silly pots I've read on these forums, sorry, but I have to say it.

Is Holy viable for progression or not? You don't seem to be able to make up your mind.

You keep stating Holy are "VIABLE!!11!!" (God, I am so sick of that word). Capable. But Disc is better for progression. End.

Makes perfect sense.

What would be so bad to tweak Holys Chakra and give them some utility??

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    If only holy priests had a way of changing their spec if they felt another spec would be more beneficial to their raid for a given fight or raid comp. Maybe blizzard could add that in.

Spec loyalty is so silly unless you're in a pretty casual guild that doesn't worry at all about progression, and if that's the case then you're already far more concerned with macro'ing in the best RP emotes to your abilities than what your best spec is. So many people say things like, "I've been a disc priest since level 10 and always will be" or "I'm shadow and will never, ever heal." Learn to play your class and not just one third of it. I'm Shadow MS but have done a lot of healing. Holy is very solid, and for now I'm keeping that for my primary OS so I don't conflict so much with the other 1-2 disc priests we have in our 25-man raids. I feel that when we need another healer for some reason, Holy fits in for a general spot much more than possibly a 3rd disc. However, if another disc is needed, you bet I'm totally fine playing that spec, too (I was our 2nd disc priest for a pretty OP healing setup on HM Shek'zeer 10-man progression a while back). Get an addon or two to save configurations for more than 2 specs and you can swap between all 3 in just the time it takes you to change your glyphs/talents and a quick reforge (also done quickly with reforgelite). I recommend Action Bar Saver. Most other things (clique) already allow more than 2 profiles for playing every class of your class. If you spend a decent amount of your time playing this game and want to raid with any sort of seriousness, there's no reason to not be ready to switch to any of our 3 specs.
    So what is Holy specc for? Playing around in LFR?

Oh wait, the dmg is all absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post

In that case, why bother even having both specs in the same class?

If the spec exists, it should be competitive. If it doesn't need to be competitive, it shouldn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy doesnt hinder progression as much as not having a healing priest at all doesn't hinder progression. Atonement is nice, but it's not a deal breaker. Absorbs are nice, but it's nothing to get wet over this tier.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Holy doesnt hinder progression as much as not having a healing priest at all doesn't hinder progression. Atonement is nice, but it's not a deal breaker. Absorbs are nice, but it's nothing to get wet over this tier.
    "Doesnt hinder"... ? Wow, great, well I'm not settled for "Doesn't hinder". Atonment definitly is a dealbreaker, especially in 10's.

I'll ask you to; Would it hurt to give Holy some utility and a change to Chakra (not to give +25% bonus to half the toolkit)?

This is one of the most silly pots I've read on these forums, sorry, but I have to say it.

Is Holy viable for progression or not? You don't seem to be able to make up your mind.

You keep stating Holy are "VIABLE!!11!!" (God, I am so sick of that word). Capable. But Disc is better for progression. End.

Makes perfect sense.

What would be so bad to tweak Holys Chakra and give them some utility??
    Let me put it into simple terms for you

Yes holy is viable for progression, period.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:52 PM ----------

I never said holy wasnt viable.

I said disc is chosen in TOP TIER GUILDS because of slightly higher utility.

15+ Year Old Account
    "What would be so bad to tweak Holys Chakra and give them some utility?" Why arent any of you answering this?

I dont see many if any hpri asking to climb the meters and become super OP. They just want this^

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 12:23 AM ----------

Let me put it into simple terms for you

Yes holy is viable for progression, period.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:52 PM ----------

I never said holy wasnt viable.

I said disc is chosen in TOP TIER GUILDS because of slightly higher utility.
    Well, there. You said it yourself. Any particular reason Disc should have better utility?

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    "What would be so bad to tweak Holys Chakra and give them some utility?" Why arent any of you answering this?

I dont see many if any hpri asking to climb the meters and become super OP. They just want this^
    Blizz has already stated that wont happen till the next xpac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has already stated that wont happen till the next xpac.
    Still no answer, I didn't ask for when Bliz would do something like that. I was asking for your oppinion.

And never say never, it shouldn't be too tricky to revert bonuses to Chakras and balance it from there. Things can happen (perhaps to other classes than Disc to).

Absorbs in my eyes, and many eyes are utlity, because it doesn't just affect the people you heal. It affects the other people healing your targets, it allows other healers to do less healing and save resources for more important causes and not have mana going to waste all over the place.

As for chakra, I don't think changing chakra is going to give holy utility.

I think giving holy inspiration again will give it utility, or at least make sanctuarys ground effect reduce damage taken by 10% for anyone standing in it. So then on stacked fights we have a barrierish CD of sorts, that would be highly beneficial on fights like magera where we could put it up for every rampage.

15+ Year Old Account
    See... We think alike then. Idk why you keep saying Holy is so fine and dandy, when we are at 5-6% of total healspots. Isn't it clear we need that change to Chakra and some utility?

Yes, that's all we are asking for. And it isn't anything gamebreaking, its QoL and utility we need, not hps.

GC stated in a tweet to me he did not like Inspiration, so that we can forget. The Sanctuary being a real sanctuary, giving +heal or -dmg taken idea.. Yeah, I believe in that one more.

Representation on WoL does not mean something is not viable.....

I think holy needs tweaking, but i dont think it needs an overhaul. Holy performs perfectly fine in 5.2, and on some fights prefered over disc depending on the person.

Saying holy has no room in raids, and is broken blah is dramatic and wrong, if you want to raid as holy in 5.2 in normals/heroic go ahead. No one cares anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who mentions overhaul? Whos saying Holy is "broken"...? Name one. And who's being dramatic over Chakra change and some utility I wonder

Representation in hc raids means a lot.

Representation in hc raids means a lot.
    DIdn't say it didn't mean ANYTHING... I said it doesn't mean something isn't viable.

I'd like to see Chakra: Chastise be worth using ever. Perhaps reduce the mana reduction and damage a bit and give it an affect similar to atonement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I'd like to see Chakra: Chastise be worth using ever. Perhaps reduce the mana reduction and damage a bit and give it an affect similar to atonement.
    That isnt a bad idea but too similar to Disc and I would lke a specc without dps niche. Chastice is definitly worth using if you got sparetime already so I think that is not a problem.
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-04-01 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    holy isn't meant to top the charts and never was. holy imo has always been about staying one step ahead and providing burst aoe healing when needed that no other class can compete with in a short space of time.. your not meant to spam away and look at recount as holy, your meant to trickle along pleasantly and then BANG and heal like a mother fucker for 10 secs or whatever and back to trickling along ;p....
    Actually holy is good when it comes to doing good hps, providing burst healing and stabilizing the raid but when a mw monk can do any of these better than a holy priest it forces the holy priest to go disc. The only case where a holy priest would be more benefical to a raid imo is when there isn't a mw monk in the raid and you already have a disc priest.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-04-01 at 09:34 AM.

don't resto shamans do this exact thing you described? albeit better than a holy priest, the thing holy has going for it otherwise is general inefficacy of shamans when it comes to healing anything where people are spread more than they are able to lick each other.

edit: this is in response to invader's post