[Resto] SOTF question

I am not sure what the reasoning is for this, and it will probably make no sense but I have been playing around with SOTF and WG ticks on my druid lately. At the moment I have reforged to 7.57% haste - 3219 (odd number I know but as I said I am testing something). When I cast SOTF my haste % jumps up to 88.25%. There is probably a reasonable explanation for this but I am not very good at maths and what not so I decided to ask here. If SOTF is meant to give 75% haste why am I jumping up so high? shouldn't I only be able to reach 80.68%?? And at this haste % my wild growth is ticking 13 times which I was under the assumption was only attainable at 5730 haste rating + SOTF proc. Additionally when in a raid situation with the 5% spell haste buff, this percent reaches 92, giving me 14 WG ticks after SOTF is cast.

I might be seeing things or possibly have a bugged ui or something but if anyone else has a chance to test this or can give me a reason as to why I am getting this, that would be greatly appreciated. I am finding it very confusing
    Thanks to Shyama for the signature

Yep I just tried this out, I have 7.16% haste so I should have 82.16% after a swiftmend but instead I have 87.53% which is 5.37% more than I should. I took all my gear off and cast swiftmend and it was right at 75%
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Let me first say that I'm not entirely sure of the underlying mechanics, but I can give a math explanation:

Your normal cast speed is 100%. If you have 7.57% haste, it is increasing your cast speed by 7.57% to 107.57%. SotF apparently increases that new increased casting speed (of 107.57%) by another 75%. When a number increases (or decreases) by a percent, you multiply the number by 1 plus (or minus) the percent (in decimal form. So when your casting speed is increasing by 75%, you take your starting casting speed (107.57% in this case) and multiply by 1 plus .75 (75% in decimal form); or 1.75.

107.57 * 1.75 = 188.2475

Your new casting speed is about 188.25% of your original (100%) casting speed, so your haste % is shown as 88.25% because your casting speed under SotF is 88.25% faster than your 100% casting speed.

Thanks for your responses guys, it all makes sense now. Much appreciated

Guess that means it is probably worth me sticking with the extra 200 haste to be able to reach that 14th tick? Just makes me a little unsure with the fact that on most of the posts about haste on this forum everybody says to stick to the 3046 haste point unless you can reach the 5730 haste point.

What are other druids who use SOTF regularly doing?
    Thanks to Shyama for the signature

That increased haste from SOTF is amazing with both WG and rejuv. Spiritwalker from shaman, haste from stof means you have a 3.3~ sec tranquility which is amazing for tortos or jikuns quill etc.

Your numbers are off. You get a 14th WG tick under SotF and 5% raid buff at 2109 haste, which you have anyway since you want at least 3043 haste. The option to go for more haste would be the 15th tick at 5437 haste, and in my opinion it is not worth sacrificing 2400 mastery for one small extra WG tick. I tested it for a very short time and changed back quickly.

So, regardless of your talents, 3043 haste is what you want.
    (The resto guide is currently showing wrong values based on an old PTR version of SotF.)

Haste effects are multiplicative not additive.

If you have 7.57% haste from gear and you get 75% from SoTF:
    1.0757*1.75= 1.8825-->88.25% haste

Which is exactly what your character sheet was showing. Not a bug, its a feature, working as intended.
    /thread