Thread: Mastery....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    and why is the top aff lock on heroic jin'rohk using GoSac?

The answer to this is because if you can make good use of your haunts and trinket procs sac will be better than supremacy because you spend such a big % of the time with the buff.

Deleted
    I raid with about 15750 mastery and ive never had so much fun on my lock, my chaos bolt hits for over a million with a potion (and im not raiding with skull banner)
    15750 ? How ?!!
    I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Seems like Zumzum does the same. Stacks mastery and doesn't give a fuk about anything else.

I'll admit, I have no idea how to reforge. I have spent hours going over WoL parses of top locks; looking up their gear, spec, gems reforges etc and the one thing I can sum up is that everybody does what the fuk ever they want. There is zero consistency between top ranked locks.

You can look up Zumzum and he has like 12k mastery and 3k haste and he does like 10 billion dps but then you have locks in Method that have 12k haste and 3k mastery and they also do 10 billion dps. Like wtf implication can I draw from that?

The ONLY thing I know is that stacking mastery and using GoSac is good on fights like Horridon. The rest of the fights it really doesn't matter how you gear just as long as its good gear.

edit: and why is the top aff lock on heroic jin'rohk using GoSac? I thought it forever sucked now
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Warlock/
    AFAIK GoSac is still extremely competitive single target for Affliction, and gets better with gear. That coupled with pools working together with haunt and you can easily get more out of GoSac than GoSup for affliction.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    15750 ? How ?!!
    I'm jealous
    He's probably including the 3000 mastery raid buff in that number? I don't see any way that you can possibly have that much mastery. (I only have like 9000 at most :/)

Deleted
    I've been toying with the idea of rolling a Mastery heavy reforge for a few weeks, I just cannot ignore that 250k chaos bolts with no trinket procs are less than I was getting at level 85 in raid gear. currently my guild is progressing on Durumu which is basically single target, but every other fight up to there seems to beg for a Mastery build.

my question is, if stacking Mastery is it still better to use GoSup on single target fights?

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    my question is, if stacking Mastery is it still better to use GoSup on single target fights?
    In my experience, no, it's still better to use GoSac. Even on Durumu and Iron Qon I still end up having 40-50 percent of my damage be chaos bolt/shadowburn. Keeping RoF down even on single target fights generates so many embers compared to last patch that I believe mastery GoSac is still the way to go.

Also GoSac gives a decent passive hot and makes sacrificial pact a 550k absorb every minute.

I just started stacking straight crit today, bumping my buffed crit to 30% and change. Every 2 incen's while RoF is up is producing about 1.25 to 1.6 embers. I can literally cast more chaos bolts now then incenerates. My gear atm is very poorly itemized but here is my armory link. Im doing around 190ish on aoe and around 155k single target now
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erlogan/simple

I am far exceeding simc potential doing this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    15750 ? How ?!!
    I'm jealous
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k%C3%AD/simple

Whoring mastery gear like its gold dust^
    Im REALLY interested to see how that 2 part works out with chaos bolt critting about 1.25 million, especially on something like tortos heroic if you pop bloodlust at the start using the crystals for full resources.

NOW THATS A PULL IM LOOKING FORWARD TO !

And yes thats including the mastery buff, soz for confusion.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-04-05 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really makes me sad that my gear has so little choices to get mastery. I think I can't push past ~6.5K for fights I go full mastery on. Looking at his profile makes me cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k%C3%AD/simple

Whoring mastery gear like its gold dust^
    Im REALLY interested to see how that 2 part works out with chaos bolt critting about 1.25 million, especially on something like tortos heroic if you pop bloodlust at the start using the crystals for full resources.

NOW THATS A PULL IM LOOKING FORWARD TO !

And yes thats including the mastery buff, soz for confusion.
    That is an insane amount of base Mastery. D:

But I'm curios to how the up time is on your trinkets with so little haste? Then again it might not matter with that much base damage on CBs and SBs. :/

Edit: The reason I ask is that I just dropped ~800 haste in favor of ~800 mastery, but I felt the up time on my trinkets (more focusing on Cha-Ye's then Unerring) to be not as high and my overall damage wasn't where I think it normally should have been. Then again we were working on H Horridon and after a couple nights on that fight (and trying out GoSac on council) maybe I was just messing up and not noticing procs more so than haste playing to far into it.
    Last edited by McDareth; 2013-04-05 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me shed some light on the subject

I play Demo/Destro and highest i've ranked is 42 on Twins in ToT. (Qon logs buged for us and recorded normal kill as heroic and Lei Shen was "invalid" for some reason but i digress)

As Demo I suggest reaching 1st Haste plateau for corruption (4717) then stacking mastery then crit.
    As Destro the reason there are different sites suggesting different builds i'll explain why. T14 for warlocks essentially buffed our filler damage and we had more frequent DS. WIth that we needed to utilize the stats that sync well with that. Thus for destro we had Mastery/Crit as best stat for us because if was all about pumping out big CB (three of em) every 90 seconds. With T15 our play style has shifted to less costly secondary resource moves (for demo and destro. not talkin about affliction) and faster secondary resource generation. Because of that the stats that sync better with that are Haste and Crit (especially for destro) T15 is all about accumulating those embers/demonic fury quicker so we have longer meta phases and CB flying. What generates Embers and Fury more? for Destro i would say crit for Demo i would say haste because it scales with our pets but that is why different sites say Crit=Haste or Haste>Crit or Crit>Haste because of how they feel the stat play out in ember/fury generation.

my setup (not having 2pc sadly ) after having 4717 haste my crit/mastery is pretty close and I do all right and the highest burst i've seen was on QoN with 350k ish with Doom and Lust at start. You can click my sig for the wow-heros link to see logs and armory.

As for affliction. Well I would aim to reach haste breakpoints for corruption, agony and UA before focusing on mastery or crit. t15 allows for more MG ticks and longer haunts so our shard management becomes a bit easier. I don't like playing affliction (plus no green fire with it either :P ) so can't say what is better after the haste breakpoints but personally i would go crit over mastery because it how it fits my play style.

PS reason for my suggestion for Demo is because the aim is to have more meta phases mastery becomes better than crit as mastery effects are much more apparent in meta form than not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McDareth View Post
    That is an insane amount of base Mastery. D:

But I'm curios to how the up time is on your trinkets with so little haste? Then again it might not matter with that much base damage on CBs and SBs. :/

Edit: The reason I ask is that I just dropped ~800 haste in favor of ~800 mastery, but I felt the up time on my trinkets (more focusing on Cha-Ye's then Unerring) to be not as high and my overall damage wasn't where I think it normally should have been. Then again we were working on H Horridon and after a couple nights on that fight (and trying out GoSac on council) maybe I was just messing up and not noticing procs more so than haste playing to far into it.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/5fuul...?s=8769&e=9428

This is my heroic horridon kill log, take a look through and compare (ps i know the damage is terribad, but no set bonus's and our first kill so zero cheesing)

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/5fuul...?s=8769&e=9428

This is my heroic horridon kill log, take a look through and compare (ps i know the damage is terribad, but no set bonus's and our first kill so zero cheesing)
    Which grimoire do you use on a plain single target fight?

Deleted
    I still use Sac, i managed 141k on Durumu with it this week (had no set bonus's at this stage)

The damage is really good if you use your embers well.

I only did 122k and I was behind on damage meters like 5th-6th which I shouldn't be. Its awesome even if you have a 2nd target but I didn't like it that much on single target, maybe I should improve my ember usage but thinking about going Affliction forever when I got my legendary meta gem which is not too far.