Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Honestly, after all this complaints of how strong Shuriken Toss is, how OP rogues are, etc, etc, I have trouble to take some posts too serious
    The OP is just one big complain about Ring of Peace, and while I agree it's frustrating, rogues have one of the strongest abilities you can use to counter it, ST.
    Again, not sure if you are trolling or not. Seems like you are. A good monk will not let a rogue simply kite their RoP. If I spec shadowstep I can get away for a moment, but are you telling me a rogue can kite a monk? If so, what game are you playing and can I get an invite? Also, no my OP is not "one big complain about ring of peace" Ring of Peace is one thing, and its a bitch to deal with.. its the other 75 disarms I seem to encounter+pacify+snares and mobility I cant get away from unless I hard reset.

Edit: Also ofcourse I default with ST, swapping out DT with CR when needed.

Deleted
    Honestly, after all this complaints of how strong Shuriken Toss is, how OP rogues are, etc, etc, I have trouble to take some posts too serious
    The OP is just one big complain about Ring of Peace, and while I agree it's frustrating, rogues have one of the strongest abilities you can use to counter it, ST.

Also, are you guys really reporting me, to myself? I don't infract for calling someone a troll, just saying. As long as the post contains useful/constructive information, we really don't infract for just calling someone a troll.
    I don't know, did anyone report you?

I have a friend who bitches about RoP non-stop. I cap arena with him on 4 chars every week, so i know that the whine has gotten way out of hand. What i was trying to get at was that not every rogue will choose Shuriken Toss, even though it's an insanely strong talent. It's just not something one can expect, even if it's probably the best choice in that tier.

By the way, Shuriken Toss itself is not OP. ST + DT against casters and healers is what makes it disgusting. Spamming ST against a WW monk is a fucking retarded idea and hope there are better suggestions then that.

Unless you think ranged auto attack dmg is enough to take someone down (its not) Its good for sustaining damage, but without DT if you are getting kited, you are still gonna get kited (ST by itself is also so hard to heal through) (its not)
    Last edited by MiLLeR; 2013-04-02 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ring of peace lasts 8 seconds, it's not like you have to kite him for an eternity, not to mention you can also spam ST at short range, so there's not even a real need to kite.

And just wondering, are you talking about 1v1?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendanzy View Post
    I don't know, did anyone report you?
    Yeah, 2 people, kinda hilarious since I handle the reports on PvP forums.
    To clarify it, we only infract if the post is purely meant to call someone a troll. It's a bit the same as calling someone else an idiot, if you just post: "you're an idiot", you'll end up with an infraction, "you're an idiot because of ..." ,you likely won't get one.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-02 at 12:25 PM.

Ring of peace lasts 8 seconds, it's not like you have to kite him for an eternity, not to mention you can also spam ST at short range, so there's not even a real need to kite.

And just wondering, are you talking about 1v1?
    They have a ranged disarm, root and pacify. Chained together it is absolutely brutal. Also im not talking specifically 1 v 1, but for the sake of argument its easier to talk in those terms. Realistically even in BG's there will always be someone else around, however in those times when you are going for the kill on the monk, their ability to negate most of your burst is insane. 45 second RoP > shd/shadow blades. Thats really my main concern, is that every burst opportunity seems to be negated by their abilities. And this isn't just from a Rogue PoV, I main Warrior aswell and its equally as brutal on them

RoP isn't as OP as made out to be, it's either that or you have to set in a 5 second stun. Atleast with RoP you can "counter" it by moving out or just kiting. Oh and Grapple Weapon is 40 yards not 20 :P

Quote Originally Posted by jlee24219 View Post
    RoP isn't as OP as made out to be, it's either that or you have to set in a 5 second stun. Atleast with RoP you can "counter" it by moving out or just kiting. Oh and Grapple Weapon is 40 yards not 20 :P
    Considering RoP moves with who its cast on, simply "countering" it by just moving out of it is easier said then done. Oh whats the monk doin? yeh hes just fly kicking to the other side of the arena/map. And 40 yard disarm.. You maketh me so sad

Deleted
    And don't forget, if we do grapple your weapon and it's better than ours, we then proceed to beat you to death with it.

So RoP is unacceptable (Despite you can talent against it, and ST counters much more than RoP alone), but yet Cloak Of Shadows is ok, despite the fact it stops casters doing anything to a rogue?

Deleted

So basically you are saying that its not worth reporting you because you will just make the reports disappear anyways?

Deleted
    To clarify it, we only infract if the post is purely meant to call someone a troll. It's a bit the same as calling someone else an idiot, if you just post: "you're an idiot", you'll end up with an infraction, "you're an idiot because of ..." ,you likely won't get one.
    Well, it wasn't me. But i am sure you can see that for yourself in the complaints that were filed

Just because it's easy to get out of doesn't mean it's not OP. Don't get me wrong, there are ways to counter RoP, but it's way too powerful in stopping burst and offensive cooldowns.

I like the spell RoP itself, but i think it needs tuning. First of all, i'd like it to be on a 2 minute cooldown (MINIMUM). Second of all, the duration NEEDS to be lowered to say, 3-4 seconds. Last but not least, it should not be possible to put it on a friendly target. Part of the strategy in arena sometimes is to be able to play defensive as well as offensive. If a monk needs to position himself to save someone else, that would at the same time contribute to the skill cap increase of monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    So RoP is unacceptable (Despite you can talent against it, and ST counters much more than RoP alone), but yet Cloak Of Shadows is ok, despite the fact it stops casters doing anything to a rogue?
    Ok give my cloak the ability to protect all my allies, lower its cooldown and have it silence/disarm whenever someone casts a spell on me or my allies~ That sounds all even steven seagal

Edit: Basically what Ascendanzy said. Maybe lower the AoE effect aswell.

My cloak will keep ME alive through a spellcleaves burst, RoP will counter ALL melee cleave every burst opportunity.
    Last edited by MiLLeR; 2013-04-02 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    No one has said that. Stop twisting words that are out of context. This is a discussion about Rogues possibilities to counter a monk and their disarms, not how to counter casters.

How do frost dks handle it

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    So basically you are saying that its not worth reporting you because you will just make the reports disappear anyways?
    That's what's being implied, or at least what I've gotten out of it. Good to know, in addition to the fact that I can insult anyone for any reason, so long as I give a reason as to why.

Anyways, better stop discussing moderation, guys, since it's against the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    They have a ranged disarm, root and pacify. Chained together it is absolutely brutal. Also im not talking specifically 1 v 1, but for the sake of argument its easier to talk in those terms. Realistically even in BG's there will always be someone else around, however in those times when you are going for the kill on the monk, their ability to negate most of your burst is insane. 45 second RoP > shd/shadow blades. Thats really my main concern, is that every burst opportunity seems to be negated by their abilities. And this isn't just from a Rogue PoV, I main Warrior aswell and its equally as brutal on them
    Just wondering, but have you ever tried to just force the cooldown before bursting, or maybe stunning the monk when you burst?

And this has been said a lot in a million of threads already, but PvP isn't balanced around 1v1, random battlegrounds and whatsoever, it's balanced around 3v3. Some abilities will look really unfair when it comes to 1v1, 2v2 and battlegrounds, but that is just how it is. You can't expect blizzard to change RoP because you haven't learnt how to handle it in random battlegrounds.

Honestly, I think the main issue here is that you haven't learnt how to deal with monks yet, since they were extremely underrepresented last season.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    monks are the most retarded class ever ;p even the healer monks can disarm, stun cc like fukk ;p arenas are awful against any monk.. been up against quite a few monks in 2v2 arena on my priest and they even disarm me for some stooped reason lol. not to mention the stuns.. pff fU blizz
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Rogues not being able to beat 1 spec of 1 class in a 1v1 situation?!

HOLY FUCK STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendanzy View Post
    I am aware, but my first post mentioned Shuriken Toss and wether it was chosen by every rogue or not, and it's not. Since it's a talent one can't just EXPECT people to use it. I agree it's a strong talent but some rogues will still rather take Anticipation or Marked for Death.

Why he chose to interpret that as me saying Ring of Peace was baseline, you'll have to ask him.
    He didn't interpret that, but with the same reasoning as yours about Shuriken Toss, a monk might not pick up Ring of Peace so the rogue has a few chances of fighting a monk without that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Ok give my cloak the ability to protect all my allies, lower its cooldown and have it silence/disarm whenever someone casts a spell on me or my allies~ That sounds all even steven seagal

Edit: Basically what Ascendanzy said. Maybe lower the AoE effect aswell.

My cloak will keep ME alive through a spellcleaves burst, RoP will counter ALL melee cleave every burst opportunity.
    Your smoke bomb protects Allies, You have a Stun, a Sap, A Disarm, a Gouge, a Blind, an evasion, sprint, Cloak, Combat readiness.

Wait.. and you think 1 TALENTED ability is what is causing you to lose?

Sounds like a L2P issue here.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!