Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Knights of the Silver Hand (ergo the first human, dwarf and possibly elf paladins) were craete to combat the Horde, not the Legion as they'd never heard of the Legion until the Third War.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:28 PM ----------

Tauren are a savage race, and the way the Blood Knights drained a naaru can be considered quite savage too.
    Yes is true, the paladins were created to fight the Horde in the second war, but it was created cause the Horde used Warlocks as their main attack forces and the humans nedded something to fight them (Yes it was my bad, but i wanted Somnophore to know that the paladins fight not only the undeads but the Burning legion)

And yes the BEs actions were kind of savage but the reasons is (Taken from wowpedia):

In the wake of their ancient kingdom's destruction, many of the elves of Quel'Thalas came to view the Holy Light with contempt. This led to a great number of the blood elves losing their faith, and in turn, their Light given powers, coming to believe that the Light had failed them in their homeland's hour of greatest need. Thus, they needed to find a new way to access the light. They did this by sapping Light energy from the captive naaru M'uru held beneath the Blood Knight headquarters.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know it usually comes down to Lore, but when it comes to Orcs, they are a bit dark and limited to the type of magic they use. There is no light for their dark hearts. Plus, they are primarily fel based anyone (The Legion). Sunwalkers could be explained. Even human pallies who were taken by the forsaken could be explained (undead paladins), but I just don't see it for the orc storylines.
    Dark hearts? That's a load of bullcrap. And limited to magic? We have orc shamans and mages so far, that's Nature, Arcane, Fire and Frost right there, only Holy remains.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yes is true, the paladins were created to fight the Horde in the second war, but it was created cause the Horde used Warlocks as their main attack forces and the humans nedded something to fight them (Yes it was my bad, but i wanted Somnophore to know that the paladins fight not only the undeads but the Burning legion)

And yes the BEs actions were kind of savage but the reasons is (Taken from wowpedia):

In the wake of their ancient kingdom's destruction, many of the elves of Quel'Thalas came to view the Holy Light with contempt. This led to a great number of the blood elves losing their faith, and in turn, their Light given powers, coming to believe that the Light had failed them in their homeland's hour of greatest need. Thus, they needed to find a new way to access the light. They did this by sapping Light energy from the captive naaru M'uru held beneath the Blood Knight headquarters.
    There weren't any Warlocks in the Second War though. The Paladins were mostly created to form a militant order of Clerics to combat - anything - that stood in their way.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Dark hearts? That's a load of bullcrap. And limited to magic? We have orc shamans and mages so far, that's Nature, Arcane, Fire and Frost right there, only Holy remains.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:34 PM ----------

There weren't any Warlocks in the Second War though. The Paladins were mostly created to form a militant order of Clerics to combat - anything - that stood in their way.
    There were. Remember those death knights?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    There were. Remember those death knights?
    Yes do you? The first generation of Death Knights were necrolytes and warlocks who had been killed during the purging of the Shadow Council, which was prior to the Second War. Gul'dan however managed to bind infuse their souls with the truncheons and the dead bodies of human riders. So yes, I do indeed remember them.

Though other sources indicate that a few necrolytes and warlocks did survive the purging, only to be sacrificed by Gul'dan later on. However, that doesn't change the fact that said necrolytes and warlocks never fought in the Second War.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-04-03 at 01:45 PM.

Yes do you? The first generation of Death Knights were necrolytes and warlocks who had been killed during the purging of the Shadow Council, which was prior to the Second War. Gul'dan however managed to bind infuse their souls with the truncheons and the dead bodies of human riders. So yes, I do indeed remember them.
    I don't think you do

And those DKs were still using Warlock spells.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you do
    Who never fought in the Second War. Besides Gul'dan was one warlock, not an army of hellfire summoning cultists threatening the Alliance during the Second War.

Infact, the very absence of these warlocks and necrolytes was why Gul'dan was even allowed to create the Death Knights in the first place, to counter the Alliance Mages.

Who never fought in the Second War. Besides Gul'dan was one warlock, not an army of hellfire summoning cultists threatening the Alliance during the Second War.

Infact, the very absence of these warlocks and necrolytes was why Gul'dan was even allowed to create the Death Knights in the first place, to counter the Alliance Mages.
    You said there wasn't any. But there was one. It was Gul'dan. Also, those DKs were basically knights using warlock spells (which is interesting most of their spells in Warcraft 2 are actually DK spells in WoW such as Death and Decay and Death Coil).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you do

And those DKs were still using Warlock spells.

Incorrect - the spells used by the Death Knights were a mix of Necromancy and Shadow magic, due to the fact that they were formed warlocks and necrolytes. You never saw a Death Knight summoning a Demon or life drain. So no. Wrong again.

And no, the spells they used in Warcraft 2 included Tornado, Haste and Raise Dead - something we've never seen a Warlock do. And the Warlocks in Warcraft 1, used Disease Cloud, Summon Daemon, Summon Spider and Fireball. Again, we've never seen a Death Knight summon a spider or hurl a fireball. Besides, Death Coil was a Warlock spell before the arrival of the Death Knight class - but that's besides the point.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-04-03 at 01:52 PM.

[/B]

Incorrect - the spells used by the Death Knights were a mix of Necromancy and Shadow magic, due to the fact that they were formed warlocks and necrolytes. You never saw a Death Knight summoning a Demon or life drain. So no. Wrong again.

And no, the spells they used in Warcraft 2 included Tornado, Haste and Raise Dead - something we've never seen a Warlock do. And the Warlocks in Warcraft 1, used Disease Cloud, Summon Daemon, Summon Spider and Fireball. Again, we've never seen a Death Knight summon a spider or hurl a fireball. Besides, Death Coil was a Warlock spell before the arrival of the Death Knight class - but that's besides the point.
    That's what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little defensive about personal opinion much? Orcs are based in nature and are long since evolved from the Orcs of the Burning Legion. This is what makes them dark by nature. I did not say evil, I simply said "dark". Also - this person hit the nail on the head after responding to an "Undead Paladin" post:

Quote Originally Posted by Somnophore View Post
    Paladins where "created" during the second war to fight the old Death Knights (Teron Gorefiend among others) and their undead minions. They were a combination of Warriors and Priests.
    Since Paladins are created to fight the unholy undead; Forsaken Paladins can not happen. They would have to fight themselves...

The Blood Elves (or the Blood Knights) did steal the light from the Naaru, but now they worship the Sunwell. As do the rest of the High Elves/Blood Elves.

The Tauren worship the Sun (witch could be seen as some kind of "light" that the Humans worship) and since they are great warriors, Paladins have merit within their culture.

Orcs were in nature Hunters, Warriors and Shaman. With the corruption of the Burning Legion the Shaman became Warlocks. The Orcs can use sinister powers (Warlock, Rogues) but they have never worshipped a deity such as the Tauren, Elves, Human, Dwarfs, Dranei or Gnomes do. Therefor they have no priests and thus as well no Paladins.
    Since physical force and appearance is revered within the Orc culture, it seems highly unlikely to ever see an Orc priest.

Just my opinion though.
    It is a very good explanation, and I would agree with it. After all, everyone is entitled to their opinion since this is just a chat forum.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    You said there wasn't any. But there was one. It was Gul'dan. Also, those DKs were basically knights using warlock spells (which is interesting most of their spells in Warcraft 2 are actually DK spells in WoW such as Death and Decay and Death Coil).
    Yes there was one. Not my point. My point was that there weren't any who were fighting or who counted as Horde soldiers during the Second War.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/B]

True the Death Knights were in somethings like the warlocks, but in most things they were really different, the only 2 things i can say is the same is that DK and warlcoks uses Shadow bolt and cast curses

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I said.
    Uh no, not even close. Death Knights weren't just dead warlocks. They were dead warlocks and necrolytes with new powers.

Uh no, not even close. Death Knights weren't just dead warlocks. They were dead warlocks and necrolytes with new powers.
    Here. /10char

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    A little defensive about personal opinion much? Orcs are based in nature and are long since evolved from the Orcs of the Burning Legion. This is what makes them dark by nature. I did not say evil, I simply said "dark". Also - this person hit the nail on the head after responding to an "Undead Paladin" post:

It is a very good explanation, and I would agree with it. After all, everyone is entitled to their opinion since this is just a chat forum.
    Dark by nature? No more than the Humans. Would you count Saurfang the Elder/Younger, Thrall, Aggra, Orgrim or Eitrigg as "dark"? And their affinity for nature magic is bound up in the fact that the consumption of water containing the holy essence of a Naaru - which is about as holy as it gets.

As I have said many times, not all races need to be able to be all classes. You could make new lore to support it but it ruins the flavor of the classes. Worgen Druid and Tauren pally are bad enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i checked and the Death Knights were created during the first war and was used in the war but not in big numbers

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    As I have said many times, not all races need to be able to be all classes. You could make new lore to support it but it ruins the flavor of the classes. Worgen Druid and Tauren pally are bad enough.
    I agree, but i don't find the Worgen druid bad, but Tauren paladin... ermmm

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Actually i checked and the Death Knights were created during the first war and was used in the war but not in big numbers

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 08:09 AM ----------

I agree, but i don't find the Worgen druid bad, but Tauren paladin... ermmm
    No. The First War ended with the orcs ransacking Stormwind, shortly after Gul'dan came out of his coma, then the Second War erupted, and Gul'dan then convinced Doomhammer that he'd create an army of immortal mages to combat the wizards used by the Alliance during the Second War.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 02:35 PM ----------

Here. /10char
    You compared 2 spells - I brought up every single spell used by Warlocks in Warcraft 1 and Death Knights in Warcraft 2. Your point remains moot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    It's actually from the elementals.

From Blizzard's arse to be honest.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Worgen Druid makes perfect sense since the Worgen as a race is basically a Druidic Curse. And tauren paladins makes perfect sense to as long as you keep mind mind that they are Sunwalkers, warriors who worship the Sun (Or rather the other eye of A'she). This is not any wierder than a Night Elf priest who calls upon the Holy Light by worshipping the Moon, if anything it makes more sense really.