Deleted

PROBLEM: High-End PC linked with Full hd TV???

My monitor is broken because my dog freaked out during thunder.
    Now, I wanted to use my TV as a monitor, but I think something went horribly wrong.

After I connected it, adjusted display settings and played 1 game (SKYRIM - high settings), Now I get a chain of BSoD's. It is now happening randomly.
    Could the TV be the cause?
    Or did I mess up my hardware?

I'm running a high- end pc with GTX 690, 8 GB RAM, Asus Mobo, Intel I5 3750k, 600w PSU, Scyte Mugen.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i can think of relates back to when the 680 was launched the HDMI port didn't work, it's possible that your 690 has a similar issue but slipped through because you've never used it before

but it is a very weird problem, using HDMI instead of DVI shouldn't cause a problem, try disabling HDMI sound devices

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 02:44 PM ----------

could you post some of the BSOD codes?

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    My monitor is broken because my dog freaked out during thunder.
    Now, I wanted to use my TV as a monitor, but I think something went horribly wrong.

After I connected it, adjusted display settings and played 1 game (SKYRIM - high settings), Now I get a chain of BSoD's. It is now happening randomly.
    Could the TV be the cause?
    Or did I mess up my hardware?

I'm running a high- end pc with GTX 690, 8 GB RAM, Asus Mobo, Intel I5 3750k, 600w PSU, Scyte Mugen.
    How exactly did the dog break the monitor? If he somehow tugged the cord and caused it to come crashing down, it may have tugged on the vid card end as well. A simple re seating may help, or the port could be damaged. If that's not how he broke it, disregard this obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the only thing i can think of relates back to when the 680 was launched the HDMI port didn't work, it's possible that your 690 has a similar issue but slipped through because you've never used it before

but it is a very weird problem, using HDMI instead of DVI shouldn't cause a problem, try disabling HDMI sound devices

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 02:44 PM ----------

could you post some of the BSOD codes?
    problem is fixed, It was my ram failing me.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    How exactly did the dog break the monitor? If he somehow tugged the cord and caused it to come crashing down, it may have tugged on the vid card end as well. A simple re seating may help, or the port could be damaged. If that's not how he broke it, disregard this obviously.
    He was sitting on my lap, suddenly thunder, tries to jump over my desk to his dogcave, knocks over monitor, falls on the floor and the screen shatters.