according to blizzard less than 30 minutes = 50 minutes

i dont make alot of gold. i had about 30k to my name. but i really wanted this transmog item off the bmah.

so i look at the amount of time items have left on them. long is 2 hours to 12 hours. medium is 30 minutes to 2 hr. short is less than 30 minutes.

so in order to win this item i was going to have to snipe it. when i knew medium was about to go away i would refresh the auction house literally every second with a stop watch ready. i had been waiting all day for this since 6 am, it hits short and as soon as i see it i press start on the stop watch and i wait. right at 29:56 i hit bid then at 2958 i hit accept.

the guy trying to buy it from me is sitting at the mailbox incase someone outbids him.

but this late he shouldnt be able to make it back in time, but he does.

he gets there at the 35 minute mark and ups the bid by another 20k.

even then it doesnt switch to complete for about 20 more minutes.

this shouldnt have happened.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Timer extends when people bid if I remember correctly.

Deleted
    Black market what do you expect ? lucky not to get mugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Brozooka View Post

This. There is not sniping in the BMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime someone bids on an item, it ups the time by ~5 minutes, from what I've found. This was introduced to prevent "last second bids" like you find on other online bidding things elsewhere a long time ago.

So what happened is that you bid, and then the time increased. He bid, and the time increased again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Everytime someone bids on an item, it ups the time by ~5 minutes, from what I've found. This was introduced to prevent "last second bids" like you find on other online bidding things elsewhere a long time ago.

So what happened is that you bid, and then the time increased. He bid, and the time increased again.
    i wish i had known this ahead of time before i decided to sit there all day O-O
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. It wouldn't be biding if it didn't extend when someone bid.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    You should've seen my face when I lost Mimiron's Head due to that.
    30 minutes is 30 minutes, no matter what, same on every other bidding site like Ebay etc. I CHOOSE to sit there the last seconds to compete for it, well I should be eligible to get it too since those others don't seem to take the time to bid at the proper moment, just bid w/e they want. Wonder what people would say if they would increase the timer on letting the balls drop with Euromillions until they get more "buyers" for their tickets. It's the same, just in a different context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    30 minutes is 30 minutes, no matter what, same on every other bidding site like Ebay etc. I CHOOSE to sit there the last seconds to compete for it, well I should be eligible to get it too since those others don't seem to take the time to bid at the proper moment, just bid w/e they want. Wonder what people would say if they would increase the timer on letting the balls drop with Euromillions until they get more "buyers" for their tickets. It's the same, just in a different context.
    Except the time left on the items doesn't give an exact number. It says <30min and it will still be <30min unless the bid war pushes it over to 30min-2hr.

i guess i can take small satisfaction in forcing this guy to pay 60k for an item that usually doesnt sell for over 30k

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck, but timer went up.
    More luck at the next item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Blizz doesn't like sniping; in that sense, they WoW AH is more like a real life auction. It ends when no one else wants to outbid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed it does, as long as there's a bidding on the item, the timer extends - this allowing more interest as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..