Tortos HC 2: BM kiting and the target cap

I see a lot of BM's kiting with Dizzying Haze. So my question is; are you eventually going to see diminishing returns on Dizzying Haze once the 20 target cap has been hit, ie, will threat become a problem with the bonus threat being "spread" across all targets evenly beyond 20 or does bonus threat from DH not work the same as damage at the target cap does? It's difficult to tell from logs if players are cheesing damage on to bats or if it an intentional effect to try to remain around 20 adds or less to make maintaining threat deep in to the fight more manageable. I can see the need to do this with other classes kiting, but I'm afraid I'm not familiar with how the target cap affects bonus threat. Any insight would be appreciated.

Not being a BM, we do use that tactic and I never heard our BM complain. You must also consider you'll be droppng the haze on the bats before they join the others, eliminating the possible target cap problem. As for the 'cheesing': you'll see hunters high there because of MDs. Other classes benefit also from dropping something on them, most notably destro locks who get infinite embers at some point in the fight because of it. Since nobody is overly attacking them, threat was never an issue on those bats - only initial threat can be a problem especially if a din is the other tank.

We have warlocks nuking bats and hunters occasionally cheesing and i've never lost threat on them. Video of me kiting here (not great quality, and I have a huge messup at 5:50ish but pull through): http://www.twitch.tv/quotey/c/2109052

Based on your wording i'm not sure if you fully understand what the AOE cap is.

The way it works is like this:

The aoe damage cap is 20 targets. (previously it was 10)

Ability X does 10,000 damage per target.

If there are 20 targets it does 10k per target for 200k
    if there are 18 targets it does 10k per target for 180k
    if there are 25 targets it does 8k per target for 200k.

So it does the total damage for 20 targets, but evenly divided among all the targets. Any debuffs and such are applied individually and are not effected by the aoe cap. My understanding is that "bonus threat" is also treated as a debuff/modifier and is individual. If the bonus threat was a multiplicative of the damage, for example righteous fury gives 500% threat, then it would be reduced by the aoe cap based on the damage being reduced. However if the threat is a flat amount added as a modifier it should not be reduced by the aoe cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    If threat's a problem, there's nothing that can't be solved by stunning them, throwing down a quick KS + BoF and rolling away again for a rather hefty boost.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)