Poll: Do you want a "number squish" to happen?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I am really amazed at how some people consider the squish a threat to soloing. Amazing. They actually think it will take away their power. The essence of the squish is that all numbers get divided by the same coefficient. Both your damage and boss' health. You'll need the same number of hits to kill it.
    It's not that simple. You can't divide the numbers linearly by the same coefficient at the lower and higher levels (because a lvl 1 toon hitting for 4/1000 and mobs having 45/1000 HPs wouldn't make any sense). Your squish curve is bound to have angles or points of inflexion. And that can create problems.

Moreover, what Blizzard suggested just before MOP is essentially a gear squish, with ilvls getting reduced. And that means that a) if unattended, that will result in a reduction of character's power for lower level raids, and b) that Blizz will have to tune old raids accordingly if they want to preserve the same soloing power or face a QQ megatsunami. This will cost money and time that is better spent elsewhere.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I would really like it, a 1k crit should be a big crit.

Yeah, it is a bit messy and I have not even got into MoP yet. When sand if it comes I hope they also do something with raid old content, like scale it with level and number of people in the party, to make it a little more relevant again whilst simultaneously defeating the "I won't be able to solo anymore" BS. As it stands it is just a backlog of crap people can just roll for xmog, it could be better than that.