Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowcraft trinket confusion

So I've been using Shadowcraft for a couple years now and this is my first time encountering this issue. I haven't seen this posted yet, but sorry if it was and I missed it. I'm playing around with my gear and when I click on one trinket slot, it says that the Shadopan trinket is bis, but when I click on the other trinket slot, it shows it in a more humbling position behind the other ToT trinkets. Was just curious if it's a bug in the coding or if I've just missed something in how SC works. Thanks

P.S. I do have a link to an the images side by side that I took, but it won't let me post URL or images yet >_>

http://imgur.com/LzPqvOI
    Last edited by Jerycho; 2013-04-03 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Now it let's me post images lol.

If its not a glitch it might just be calculating it based on your gear. Since it has a lot of hit rating on it the value of it can swing wildly according to the rest of your armor.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    It should depend on the trinkets you currently have equipped. If you have, say, hit on a trinket and try to replace it, the result will be less exciting than if you replace a trinket that doesn't have hit on it.

Note that this is exclusively for equipping the trinket. Shadowcraft does not rank equipment for what it will be after you gem/reforge/enchant properly from that menu. If you've got 2 similar-quality trinkets on, replacing either one and reforging/gemming your gear should net similar results, but equipping it directly may not.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. I figured it was something like that. It was just odd because the change in value for the Shadopan trinket was so extreme that it became bis surpassing all the Heroic TF versions of the ToT trinkets. I can now post links/images so I included the screenshot I took of SC with what I'm seeing side by side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your character name and server or a link to your SC would be equally (or more) helpful, so we can reproduce the issue immediately.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, sorry. Character name is Jerycho. Server is Mal'ganis - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, there seems to be a little internal play with the way haste trinkets and RPPM play out - equipping H TF ToB over the shado-pan trinket is listing an immediate DPS increase after equip (not 165 DPS, either) - fierydemise will probably show up and talk about why that is - but in short, once you've got 2 trinkets equipped and reforged it should make more sense.

Ironically the Shado-Pan trinket is a little weaker for you than it would be otherwise, because you can't dump enough hit to stay under/at the yellow cap with it on. When comparing specific items with different stats, equip, then reforge/regem, and compare that value. However, as expected, because of the hit, the shado-pan trinket shows up as "AWESOME" because it has hit you are relying on while wearing it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That does make more a lot more sense. I just haven't seen an item jump around as much as that trinket has up until now, but yeah a large amount of my gear has hit on it. With the shado-pan trinket, that issue is intensified. Thank you for the explanation though. It was a lot of help

is it just me or does the new RPPM system suck balls ? i'Ve tested talisman of bloodlust and it stacked 1 times to 5 stacks popping AR and SB and stuff didnt help at all i dont know what to think of the new trinkets they are so disapointing
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I do think that shadowcraft might be somewhat glitched (seeing how LFR talisman is ranked higher than heroic thunderforged one)