Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Dungeon Deserter - Why is it still there?

It's not like the people who actually leave care at all about it and the people who need to leave get punished for it.

I just joined a Terrace of Spring group but when I got in I noticed they had already taken down 2 bosses, I want the whole deal and I don't want to abandon a group after 2 bosses, so I left. Now I'm stuck with a 30 minute debuff for it.

In short, I think it's bloody idiotic. Because in other cases it might even punish you for being in a terrible group. No matter how much you try to talk to the group or get the group together to beat an encounter, they will still fail and YOU will get punished for leaving them.

Not sure why this debuff is still in the game, it prevents nothing.

prevents you from queuing and leaving agian in less than 30 doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's not like the people who actually leave care at all about it and the people who need to leave get punished for it.

I just joined a Terrace of Spring group but when I got in I noticed they had already taken down 2 bosses, I want the whole deal and I don't want to abandon a group after 2 bosses, so I left. Now I'm stuck with a 30 minute debuff for it.
    That's why the debuff is there. To encourage you to stick around for 30 minutes and complete the raid, getting 45 VP and making it easier for the rest of the group.

In short, I think it's bloody idiotic. Because in other cases it might even punish you for being in a terrible group. No matter how much you try to talk to the group or get the group together to beat an encounter, they will still fail and YOU will get punished for leaving them.
    You usually don't get the debuff for leaving after a wipe unless it's a trash wipe before the boss pull. It's based on how long you're in the instance. If you're still getting it, you're not really trying.

... from people like you
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the annoyance of people stuck in a group that never continues because everyone that joins, drops.

Sounds fun, right?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? What do you mean? It's there so you don't leave 9999 times until you get the right combination of the group.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i thought there was an indicator on the queue pop-up of how many bosses had been killed thus far, or am i remembering incorrectly (which is entirely possible)

I think they should just change the queue system to something like:

I wanna run the first wing of ToT LFR.

I just want the 2nd boss. I don't want 1st or 3rd boss. So I just mark that boss. Lets say that a group is found but it's for the 1st boss. If there is someone else in the queue that wants this boss the queue would just skip me and take this person but if there is nobody that wants it then the system would choose me.

What do you guys think?

because "death knight in my group /leave"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

If you complete an LFR, your next queue is guaranteed to be a fresh one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's not. I completed ToT 1st wing and the 2nd time I ran it the group was at the 2nd boss (good thing that I only queued for him tho).

Not quite. It tries (it really, really tries), but it can't always pull it off if other groups are having issues.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

With the amount of alts players have im pretty sure ppl care about BG deserter or dungeon deserter debuffs. I dont think its needed anymore because ppl still leave groups when they dont like how things are going, they feel its a waste of time and change toons and Q up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true. It tries to, and most of the time it does, but it can't if there are no fresh groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    With the amount of alts players have im pretty sure ppl care about BG deserter or dungeon deserter debuffs. I dont think its needed anymore because ppl still leave groups when they dont like how things are going, they feel its a waste of time and change toons and Q up again.
    There is no debuff for leaving after a boss wipe

Deleted
    i think it should be lower than 30 mins, make it 15. there does need to be a debuff to stop tanks (mostly) queueing for random dungeon for example and leaving until they get the one they want or the right group combination.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    prevents you from queuing and leaving agian in less than 30 doesn't it
    In theory that's what it's SUPPOSED to do. The reality is that players, especially tanks, still leave right after zoning in. Or they stick around until the first boss is dead and then leave.

Personally I support a scaling system that raises the penalty length dependent on how in-demand your role is. Tanks, who have near instant queue's, would get a longer penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticon View Post

There is no debuff for leaving after a boss wipe
    However if you queued random and you left before 15 minutes you'll only be able to queue 15 mins after you joined the group.

So if you joined a group at 2:00 and left at 2:09 you'll only be able to queue again at 2:15.

Entering a battleground and leaving is your choice and has nothing to do with how good or bad your group is. You left.

The debuff is to motivate players like you to finish out a game versus leaving at the first sign of things going bad.

What I hate is sometimes I play on a network with iffy internet access. While it works it is fast, but it will randomly drop me on occasion. Usually I can reconnect within 1-2 minutes, but now and then this will happen in an instance. When it happens in an instance there is a chance it will force me out of the group (which is odd as normally if you DC you are given a minute or two before the group can even kick you. But this flatout removes me as if I had manually left the group) and give me the Dungeon Deserter debuff, even though I never actually LEFT the group.

Shouldn't be punished for a disconnect :\
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    What I hate is sometimes I play on a network with iffy internet access. While it works it is fast, but it will randomly drop me on occasion. Usually I can reconnect within 1-2 minutes, but now and then this will happen in an instance. When it happens in an instance there is a chance it will force me out of the group and give me the Dungeon Deserter debuff, even though I never actually LEFT the group.

Shouldn't be punished for a disconnect :\
    System can't tell what's genuine or what's you pulling your internet cable out of the wall to force a disconnect.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That's why the debuff is there. To encourage you to stick around for 30 minutes and complete the raid, getting 45 VP and making it easier for the rest of the group.

You usually don't get the debuff for leaving after a wipe unless it's a trash wipe before the boss pull. It's based on how long you're in the instance. If you're still getting it, you're not really trying.

... from people like you
    From people like me? Did you even TRY to read what I wrote?
    I didn't leave out of spite, I didn't leave because I want to ruin it for a group, I left because I had missed the fact they had already taken down 2 bosses and I didn't want to have to join twice for the same raid and in the end having to leave a different group after the first 2 bosses.

Do you understand that now?

And I've had groups so bad they can't deal with trash, I've had moments where getting the debuff made no sense at all.