Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lore isn't important i'm all for letting any race be any class.

There is no reason for these limitations.

Why can't an Orc study the ways of the Light? What is stopping him? Same for Undead, they are exactly the person they were before they died so really they can be any class.

Maybe a Tauren is attracted to the Dark and chooses to become a summoner of demons, why not?

It's far more believable that any race can be any class, lore and realistically wise.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Undead can control beasts of nature and have the patience and focus to be monks. There isn't a race/class combo you can name that I can't justify with simple reasoning.
    Controlling beasts and becoming beasts are two completely different things. Druids are one with nature, you don't need patience and focus for that.

But, if you think you can just come up with BS on the fly, justify Dranei warlocks. Oh, might I add the whole reason they had to leave their planet was because of warlocks and demons.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Bold part please, aesthetic only racials solve the problem.
    No they don't. Look at swtors racials. They're boring as shit. Racials don't matter for 99.9% population of players out there. People will bitch about racials, and have none of their gear enchanted. Ppl whine just to whine. It's good for everything not to be completely homogenized. Racials add flavor to the game.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I'm not a lore stickler, so yeah I'd actually like to see all classes playable by all races.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I'm not a lore stickler
    Me neither, I think people that care about Lore view WoW more as a graphic novel than a video game. I wish there was a way to convince them otherwise but sometimes I fear they are too far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    Me neither, I think people that care about Lore view WoW more as a graphic novel than a video game. I wish there was a way to convince them otherwise but sometimes I fear they are too far gone.
    Not at all. We simply prefer that different aspects of the game actually feel different. Races and classes are one of those things that ought to make some sort of impact. What if you played a game where you obtained six different weapon types throughout the story, but each one functioned exactly the same? It destroys the purpose of having different weapons if they aren't going to be different, not mention it would be profusely boring.

There is so much in the game already that goes against the lore, I don't understand why this can't be one more thing. It would be generally well received by the players, we get to be whatever race we want.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Yay for all that excess development time being spent on making a massive amount of Druid animal forms.

"Instead of new raid bosses, we got you guys this awesome looking zombie bear form for Forsaken Druids"
    Right, because there are no Undead Bear models they could pick from

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Undead can control beasts of nature and have the patience and focus to be monks. There isn't a race/class combo you can name that I can't justify with simple reasoning.
    You're right about Monks, there really isn't a race that couldn't be one. The concept is simply inner focus and martial skill. Like Warrior traits, these are common to find in anyone.

Your Druid explanation is utter bullshit though. Druids are one with nature, and seek to preserve and enhance it. Not every race has a deep connection to nature in that manner. That's the exact opposite of the Forsaken, who couldn't care less about the environment they live in. They literally destroy the environment to preserve their own kind, via the plague.

Of course they'll do it, it gives Blizzard $$$$ 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Of course they'll do it, it gives Blizzard $$$$ 8D
    They would make millions from race changes, true.

Here's the thing... WoW is a game that began from its lore roots (Warcraft 1/2/3), and continues to revolve around its lore. It is perfectly clear and has been stated before in lore as to why certain races can't be certain classes. For example:

A Pandaren can't be a death knight simply because Pandaren were not around when Arthas made the new death knights. So letting them be death knights would break previous lore of death knights. Doing this would basically be giving Warcraft 1/2/3 the middle finger, along with previous WoW lore.

Draenei already gave the middle finger with the Broken. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    They would make millions from race changes, true.
    If that's your belief then Blizzard would do the more logical thing and just change up all the racials next expansion, and every expansion after that. No visuals to consider, much easier to explain lorewise, and just as much, if not more race changes then with race changes due to expanded class-races.

lets take it one step further all races can be either faction

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If that's your belief then Blizzard would do the more logical thing and just change up all the racials next expansion, and every expansion after that. No visuals to consider, much easier to explain lorewise, and just as much, if not more race changes then with race changes due to expanded class-races.
    How is that more logical? Do you think the only reason I play only Gnomes is because of Escape Artist?

Really not sure what you're even talking about so I doubt it's very logical.

I've always felt any race that can be both warriors and priests should be able to make pallys. That is pretty much what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I've always felt any race that can be both warriors and priests should be able to make pallys. That is pretty much what they are.
    That's basically how it's explained in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Incorrect. Paladins worship the light and use it to vanquish there foes. Priests don't necessarily worship the light. Night Elf priests worship Elune for instance. So having a Night Elf paladin wouldn't be correct.