Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    * Casts Flame Shield *

Perhaps they should be treated even worse... like not treated at all? ...You shouldnt take on an active role in an ongoing war if you're not 100% for its 'righteous' cause.
    And if you are - an active believer in the righteousness of your country - it seems to me that you should be willing to pay the consequences.
    What Im basically trying to say is that if someone truly believes a cause is righteous and worth dying for, they should not expect anything in return and be willing
    to 'die' for it... not for us, but for the cause they deem so righteous.

* Casts Mass Flame Shield *

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    * Casts Flame Shield *

Perhaps they should be treated even worse... like not treated at all? ...You shouldnt take on an active role in an ongoing war if you're not 100% for its 'righteous' cause.
    And if you are - an active believer in the righteousness of your country - it seems to me that you should be willing to pay the consequences.
    What Im basically trying to say is that if someone truly believes a cause is righteous and worth dying for, they should not expect anything in return and be willing

tl;dr They should die because they signed up for it.

Medical care in this country is just appalling, veteran or no veteran. People sit in emergency rooms for hours on end, my grand father died in an ER waiting room after vomiting and suffocating to death. The state of our medical industry is terrible, imo, and it needs to be dramatically reworked from the ground up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    tl;dr They should die because they signed up for it.
    Nope. Im just assuming a true soldier fights because he believes in the righteousness of his cause. Hence, a true
    soldier should be willing to bear the consequences of his actions, which he commits in the name of his cause.

Nope. Im just assuming a true soldier fights because he believes in the righteousness of his cause. Hence, a true
    soldier should be willing to bear the consequences of his actions, which he commits in the name of his cause.
    A soldier that volunteered after 9/11 to help fight terrorism cannot just say "no" to going to Iraq.

10+ Year Old Account
    to 'die' for it
    I dunno, really sounds like you're saying that they should be A-O.K. with dying. Unless your quotations are "die" mean something else, you are saying that they should return and "be willing to die."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    A soldier that volunteered after 9/11 to help fight terrorism cannot just say "no" to going to Iraq.
    Then fighting terrorists, a cause for which he is willing to commit socially-accepted murders, is something he truly believes in. Dying
    or getting wounded while fighting terrorists are just consequences of his conviction to fight terrorists. And if he truly believes his
    cause is righteous, he should not care for his own well being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then fighting terrorists, a cause for which he is willing to commit socially-accepted murders, is something he truly believes in. Dying
    or getting wounded while fighting terrorists are just consequences of his conviction to fight terrorists. And if he truly believes his
    No, but we will. Because we're not, you know, horrible monsters that ignore human suffering. Well some of us, anyways.

You're missing the point. People can join the military for one reason, and be deployed against their will for another. They are sacrificing greatly (often their lives, even if they live) for us. The least we owe them is decent medical treatment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I dunno, really sounds like you're saying that they should be A-O.K. with dying. Unless your quotations are "die" mean something else, you are saying that they should return and "be willing to die."
    They should indeed be OK with dying for their cause, for which they themselves are willing to murder. If youre willing to murder for something it must transcend you and as a result you become 'a slave' to your cause. Dying or suffering would merely be done for 'the greater good'.

Cry more. We spend an appallingly higher amount on veteran services than we do for education and other things that are far more important. There's no draft, people who join the military do so to have a good career and benefits, and being injured in a profession that can send you into battle is just a hazard of the job. There's no draft, people sign up for this shit. I get so tired of listening to all the crying about this issue. And don't try and tell me people enlist for the greater good or to defend the US. I'm sure a small number do but that is by far not the norm.

Stop-loss soldiers who fought in Afghanistan and died in Iraq would certainly agree with you.

Deleted
    You're missing the point. People can join the military for one reason, and be deployed against their will for another.
    Joining the military means joining the military... no matter the reason you might have had to do so, excluding extraordinary cases. In joining they accept whichever burder they might bear as a result of fighting for what they think is 'a greater good'.

Deleted
    on 9/11 3.000? people died.. 3k sponsored by an Inside Job, so between 2001 and 2013 guess how many People died in the Land America invaded .. i guarantee you its over 3k

fighting terrorism ?? haha what a nice little joke

Joining the military means joining the military... no matter the reason you might have had to do so, excluding extraordinary cases. In joining they accept whichever burder they might bear as a result of fighting for what they think is 'a greater good'.
    You still don't get it. They have no choice in where or when to deploy.

Military veterans are anyone who has served in the military. War veterans are those that have actually seen combat. I believe the 23M figure is for the former.
    Correct.

Military Veterans includes anyone who got injured while serving, from the ones who fought in war, to the ones who got injured doing their jobs while stationed outside of the warzone and even the ones like myself who actually got injured during Basic before they even finished.....

Went in March of last year, got injured 3 weeks in, toughed it out for the following 3 weeks before telling to send me home since the injury I was told should have healed within a month or so and I was already homesick and looking at a day one restart in basic, sent home week 9 but injury never healed (guess it wasn't what they thought it was but they never did any major looking into it....) and 7 months into paperwork trying to get the VA hospital to look at it and find out what it really is, they tell me it takes 12 to 15 months to even finish the paperwork to be seen. Have a job for now but I have had to call in before cause the back can actually act up to the point I can't even bend over to put on my own socks and surprised I haven't been fired yet cause I have trouble keeping up due to it many days but back hurts virtually every day.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 01:31 PM ----------

* Casts Flame Shield *

And Congressman, Senators and Presidents should also receive no pay or benefits and must work a 40 hour a week job ON TOP of their duties in office.... /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    That is just it. Most of those that fight THINK that they are doing something for the greater good. They are not there to kill people. They are there to fight for their country in a way that they have been told is extremely noble by society. You can argue their orders, but I find it hard to question their values. Their job is to follow orders.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    You still don't get it. They have no choice in where or when to deploy.
    No one's forcing them to go, they can say no. Of course they face charges and jail time, but I'd rather do that than go to an illegal war or to back up an ally that found themselves at war because of their aggression and invasive foreign policies.

I wouldn't join the military at the moment, but I'm English. I can't be fucked to 'fight for freedom', which is the biggest joke going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    No one's forcing them to go, they can say no. Of course they face charges and jail time, but I'd rather do that than go to an illegal war or to back up an ally that found themselves at war because of their aggression and invasive foreign policies.
    Today they sign up. Why they sign up varies greatly I imagine. Many are "forced" into it by lack of opportunity or the need to get funds for college or to support families.

My father wanted to get out of the Navy in the 80's, but the lack of other potential employment and a ~15% mortage meant that he had to stay where he knew he could get paid. Point is, not everyone there really wants to be. He initially went in as an officer because it was either that or as an enlistee because he got tabbed by the draft. Of course the draft is old now, but we still have all of those vets in the system.
    I like sandwiches

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    on 9/11 3.000? people died.. 3k sponsored by an Inside Job, so between 2001 and 2013 guess how many People died in the Land America invaded .. i guarantee you its over 3k

fighting terrorism ?? haha what a nice little joke
    Uh oh, conspiracy theorist everyone put on your tin foil hat the government can hear your thoughts.