Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    "Working together" implies that Alliance will have fewer losses, than in the scenario he described. If his shadow hunters could indeed wipe out the remnants of the Allliance vs Kor-Kron battle, I see no logical reason at all for him to talk Alliance out of it.
    Fewer loses for the Horde I mean. Combining forces raises the rate of success and lowers the casualty rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do we even need to work with the trolls ? I'd rather the Alliance do it's own thing and let the horde have all the infighting they like.
    Working with that scumbag troll leader is a mistake, he will more than likely turn around and betray the Alliance first chance he gets, so dumb we are helping him.

Flying round the Barrens on the ptr collecting supplies for the trolls as a Alliance player feels backwards, we should just stomp the weaken trolls on the way to defeating Garrosh.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Why do we even need to work with the trolls ? I'd rather the Alliance do it's own thing and let the horde have all the infighting they like.
    Working with that scumbag troll leader is a mistake, he will more than likely turn around and betray the Alliance first chance he gets, so dumb we are helping him.

Flying round the Barrens on the ptr collecting supplies for the trolls as a Alliance player feels backwards, we should just stomp the weaken trolls on the way to defeating Garrosh.
    Thats some wonderful roleplay there. Still As a hordie through and through (I am playing alliance but going back to horde this weekend to join some irl friends wohoo!) I will work with the alliance dogs to achieve the one thing that matters. Getting fat heads, head into my loot bag to turn in to thrall for an epic.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post

Why?

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Thats some wonderful roleplay there. Still As a hordie through and through (I am playing alliance but going back to horde this weekend to join some irl friends wohoo!) I will work with the alliance dogs to achieve the one thing that matters. Getting fat heads, head into my loot bag to turn in to thrall for an epic.
    Welcome to the World of Warcraft!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    Sorry If I did not explained myself properly, english is not my main language.
    What I was trying to say is that I'm TIRED of pro-horde lore, we were promised more focus in this expansion, yet I only see Horde everywhere, the last patch is HELPING the Horde, I just can't believe it.
    Dude, the Horde have been the be-all-end-all villains this entire expansion. Now the Horde's undergoing a bloody civil war and the Alliance is helping the rebels because a) the more Horde kill each other, the better things are for the Alliance, and b) helping the revolution out both gets the Alliance what they want (Garrosh's head on a pike) and puts them in a strong position to put pressure on the Horde to pick a Warchief who's willing to get things back down to a simmer rather than the rolling boil they're at now, in the interests of licking wounds, repairing the damage this latest war's done, and gearing up to see if Wrathion's visions come true and the Legion really is about to swing by and ruin everyone's day again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Nah, helping the horde getting rid of this douche nozzle instead of erradicating the horde is a good thing IMHO, cause.. at the end of the day, it would be a terribly boring world of world of warcraft if we had no one to wage war on.. Then again, those kobolds.. I could launch a campaign of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Why?

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 09:07 AM ----------

Welcome to the World of Warcraft!
    Been in wow since the first few weeks of release! Been slaying alliance dogs for years only on border skirmishes mind you. Now I find we need their help it sickens me!

Deleted
    Been in wow since the first few weeks of release! Been slaying alliance dogs for years only on border skirmishes mind you. Now I find we need their help it sickens me!

We (the hero's) do not need help from the alliance but the "HORDE" needs help.

People are blowing this out way to much. It's like they want him to Jesus or something!

Clearly most of the posts are people who are die hard alliance fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've needed their help before. See: Mount Hyjal (both Warcraft 3 and WoW), Shadowmoon Valley, Eastern Plaguelands, Silithus, Hellfire Peninsula, Icecrown after the Argent Crusade starts babysitting Red and Blue because Red and Blue are too stupid to not reinforce the Lich King last-minute with fresh bodies to reanimate, and the defense of Wyrmrest Temple and the final push against Deathwing (again, with the Aspects babysitting). In no particular order. Now you're accepting an alliance with the Alliance to take out the tyrannical sociopath who's using your faction as a vehicle to his place in the history books while wasting your lives and resources with no care for either because neither of you can do it on your own.

Here you go Alliance Quest part of Darkspear Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    You've needed their help before. See: Mount Hyjal (both Warcraft 3 and WoW), Shadowmoon Valley, Eastern Plaguelands, Silithus, Hellfire Peninsula, Icecrown after the Argent Crusade starts babysitting Red and Blue because Red and Blue are too stupid to not reinforce the Lich King last-minute with fresh bodies to reanimate, and the defense of Wyrmrest Temple and the final push against Deathwing (again, with the Aspects babysitting). In no particular order. Now you're accepting an alliance with the Alliance to take out the tyrannical sociopath who's using your faction as a vehicle to his place in the history books while wasting your lives and resources with no care for either because neither of you can do it on your own.
    Pah,

Mount hyjal wc3, I was a young tauren on my shaman so I was only in mulgore as not old enough to fight. Or I wascaptured by the undead to be turned into a deathknight on my belf. Wow Hyjal we did it to preserve the time line. To ensure the horde survived. Shadowmoon valley we teamed up to fight the legion once again and illidan. EPL was against our common foe the undead. Hellfire we didnt need their help much we put the boot in on those damn fel orcs. Silithus we were in charge as glorious overlord saurfang was there.

Infact in any of those situations I was under the orders of the glorious warchief thrall. But now we find the horde has a monster in charge and we need their help to invade our own city. Thats what sickens me, we have to use them to kill our own to throw out a madman. before we fought alongside each other to kill monsters, now we kill horde....

Deleted
    He paints up the plan of Garrosh, because thats what he expected to hear from a loyal horde enthusiast, and then he denies it. Ya know, this only makes him better in alliance eyes.

We do not NEED to attack Garrosh, they DO.
    Jaina, and king Varian Wrynn wants to have hands on Garrosh more then Vol'Jin wants.

No not why do you hate them. I meant why shouldn't the Alliance ally with people who want the same thing. You didn't give an actual reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what sickens me, we have to use them to kill our own to throw out a madman. before we fought alongside each other to kill monsters, now we kill horde....
    Anyone who remains under Hellscream's banner is no more Horde than the Blackrocks fighting under the son of Blackhand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    No not why do you hate them. I meant why shouldn't the Alliance ally with people who want the same thing. You didn't give an actual reason.
    It's his own pride, that's why. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Here you go Alliance Quest part of Darkspear Rebellion

Where do you start the Horde part?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think he's being pretty reasonable.

The Alliance ask him "why should we be your allies?" he basically answers that they don't need to be allies, but that it's best for all to focus on Garrosh first. Also, Vol'jin has never been as pacifist as Cairne or Anduin, he does want to fight against the Alliance, he's just not as stupid as Garrosh to destroy the Horde in the process.
    That doesn't answer the "Why should we help?"-question though, it's Vol'jin who's stuck, not the alliance, since the non-orc races are increasingly pressured, without alliance he can either fight and get squashed or do nothing and slowly get squashed, Garrosh has lost it, everything he tries backfires on him (Ran out of dirty tricks, i guess, though that can easily be remedied by pulling yet another secret evil weapon out of thin air), so the only reason for the alliance to care about Vol'jin and his revolt is game-technical (Alliance needs a reason to do SoO)

I know the end result is set: Garrosh is removed dead or alive, alliance honorably backs away again (Or gets backstabbed in glorious horde tradition and forced to retreat), and we're back to the status quo ("War in warcraft lolololol!"), what irks me is that it's almost entirely a horde issue that we have to help resolve with only the most contrived reasons for doing so, and then it's back to "Let's team up against [whatever baddie crops up next]"

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Anyone who remains under Hellscream's banner is no more Horde than the Blackrocks fighting under the son of Blackhand.
    Not really... he is what the (non-playable) Horde has been asking since Thrall. He's just proven, again, that warmongering doesn't lead anywhere. They should have learned their lesson with Grom.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That doesn't answer the "Why should we help?"-question though, it's Vol'jin who's stuck, not the alliance, since the non-orc races are increasingly pressured, without alliance he can either fight and get squashed or do nothing and slowly get squashed, Garrosh has lost it, everything he tries backfires on him (Ran out of dirty tricks, i guess, though that can easily be remedied by pulling yet another secret evil weapon out of thin air), so the only reason for the alliance to care about Vol'jin and his revolt is game-technical (Alliance needs a reason to do SoO)

I know the end result is set: Garrosh is removed dead or alive, alliance honorably backs away again (Or gets backstabbed in glorious horde tradition and forced to retreat), and we're back to the status quo ("War in warcraft lolololol!"), what irks me is that it's almost entirely a horde issue that we have to help resolve with only the most contrived reasons for doing so, and then it's back to "Let's team up against [whatever baddie crops up next]"
    The Alliance has more than enough reasons to attack Orgrimmar, and who knows if Garrosh has something prepared that could break the siege if the Alliance doesn't support the rebellion. I agree that, so far, Garrosh hasn't been dangerous enough to force the Alliance and the Horde to join against him, unlike Archimonde, Arthas or Deathwing, but I expect Blizzard to put yet another secret-doomsday-device on his hands.

And in the end, this is a game where we need reasons to play and big baddies to fight. It's already unbelievable that a new threat appears every other year. I wouldn't look for realistic strategic decisions or alliances, since we could drop a mana bomb or a gnomish nuke on Orgrimmar and avoid any kind of siege.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-04-10 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That's what Wration is currenty struggling to do.