Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    At least now we know that trolls have bad breath. I always suspected it. And orcs. And tauren. And undead, with their rotting mouths.

Let's say four out of five Horde races have never heard of the words "Listerin" or "Tic Tac"...

Of course, dwarves must have beer breath, which doesn't precisely smell like a spring breeze.

I can't imagine worsens having the nicest of smells either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I can't imagine worsens having the nicest of smells either
    Oh god dog breath!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You are actually stupid and can't be reasoned with. Sorry but it's true.

You're ignoring INGAME evidence where Varian himself STATES that his intention is to allow the Orcs and Trolls wear one another down, then strike at BOTH.

WHY THE FUCK do you think he would land, then throw himself headlong at the gates and let the Trolls sit back and wait for an opening when THAT IS HIS OWN PLAN?

Oh I know why you think that, because you're only happy when this game portrays all Horde characters are genius strategists and powerful warlords and the Alliance as simpering morons who are easily manipulated.

Hey I can't blame you too much though; thanks to shitty Blizztard writing that's exactly how it's been for the past expansion. It must be kinda weird to imagine the Horde might come out underneath for once.

Infracted.
    As usual, you use hyperbole and counter-productive logic to try and make my point seem like I am going against the Alliance.

No, What the scenario is NEITHER of these forces are going to move stupidly, so instead of BOTH waiting while Garrosh prepares, they work TOGETHER to ensure they both get what they want, the removal of Garrosh.

Vol'jin is not going to waste lives for the Alliance, and Varian is not going to waste lives for the Horde, but they will both work together to ensure they get their goal done.

Nice strawman on thinking I want the Horde to "Win". It pretty much confirms all you are is a huge Alliance bias who probably whined and complained when the Horde got zones in Cataclysm to... Equal out the amount of zones each faction has.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I was saying if the alliance committed the bulk of their forces to orgrimmar, sylvanas could become scourge 2.o if she wanted (she won't)

but as I said, doesn't make sense lore wise to me for the alliance to help reunite the horde instead of taking an opportunity to end it, unless something happens to the alliance forces, leaving them to weak to fully take orgrimmar. Garfish has been dabbling mogu/sha stuff, and he hates alliance more than anything, so guess who he would be aiming his stuff at?
    Exactly, Right now, Garrosh has some pretty powerful tools, and if the Alliance don't act, he can unleash them and severely damage the Alliance. Better to strike now and dethrone him than risk the rebellion failing and then having an angry garrosh able to focus directly on the Alliance.

People here seem to be lacking the essential reading comprehension skills....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of the mind that Vol'jin and the other Horde rebels need the Alliances help more than the Alliance needs the Horde rebels; after all, the Alliance is united against the Horde. The Horde, on the other hand, is a house divided, and I imagine Garrosh still has a decent number of loyalists on his side.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least now we know that trolls have bad breath. I always suspected it. And orcs. And tauren. And undead, with their rotting mouths.
    They're just running low, he's got more important things to focus on than securing toothpaste trade routes right now

Let's say four out of five Horde races have never heard of the words "Listerin" or "Tic Tac"...

Of course, dwarves must have beer breath, which doesn't precisely smell like a spring breeze.
    we knew they had halitosis since vanilla with their /flirts and /sillies

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 01:16 AM ----------

"Strong halitosis be but one of my feminine traits."

"I like my women dumpy and droopy with halitosis."
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I'm of the mind that Vol'jin and the other Horde rebels need the Alliances help more than the Alliance needs the Horde rebels; after all, the Alliance is united against the Horde. The Horde, on the other hand, is a house divided, and I imagine Garrosh still has a decent number of loyalists on his side.
    Garrosh's horde has become too powerful for either the splinter faction of horde or the alliance to take out solo by whatever means he has more than likely.

At least now we know that trolls have bad breath.
    It's all the ganja.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    He gives me only scenario Quests.
    This. Once you finish the Blood in the Snow and the other one (one where you find out about the underground digging in Vale) then he'll give you a quest to go meet up in Sen'jin Village. After doing a few things there you eventually end up in Razor Hill taking it over which then leads to the Vol'jin part where you gather resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This. Once you finish the Blood in the Snow and the other one (one where you find out about the underground digging in Vale) then he'll give you a quest to go meet up in Sen'jin Village. After doing a few things there you eventually end up in Razor Hill taking it over which then leads to the Vol'jin part where you gather resources.
    Where do secrets of ragefire and battle on the high seas fit into this?

You forgot that it's Alliance Garrosh is in war with, not potential Horde rebels. I mean, Horde rebels might simply never materialize... or wait until Garrosh attacks the Alliance and backstab him once the dust settles.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Oh come on guys. It always surprises me just how easy it is to make MMO Champion cry things like "going insane" and "turning evil". This is not a Saturday morning cartoon we're playing. A character displays a bit of backbone and suddenly they're a regular Skeletor-Hitler? It happened with Varian, it happened with Jaina and now Vol'jin? Just because he doesn't bow and curtsy and set forth the picnic blanket before Alliance soldiers like Thrall does he's following Garrosh's descent into insanity? No, you're overreacting.

Setting aside the fact that he is most likely joking to tease the Alliance player and make them feel uneasy (which would certainly fit with him and his sense of humor), characters who inhabit the moral grey area are generally more interesting than those who stand entirely in the light or darkness. So he snapped at a member of the opposing faction for displaying ignorance and immaturity. That hardly means he is beginning his fall to madness and dictatorship like the Hellscream whelp. Just that he isn't going to tolerate any kind of sass.

Also, those saying this is inconsistent with his previous character should note he hasn't actually had much interaction with the Alliance if any. We've seen how he treats his friends but how he treats his enemies is a different matter. Just because he doesn't want a pointless war doesn't mean he has any love for the Alliance.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You forgot that it's Alliance Garrosh is in war with, not potential Horde rebels. I mean, Horde rebels might simply never materialize... or wait until Garrosh attacks the Alliance and backstab him once the dust settles.
    You are forgetting the Darkspear Trolls are in open revolt now against Garrosh, meaning Garrosh is fighting a two-front war; one against the Alliance, and the other against rebels right on his doorstep, who are also harassing his forces in the Barrens. He can't focus on one front without leaving himself vulnerable to the other. And of course it's safe to assume that having an open revolt against him is going to be a massive blow to Garroshs ego, and will probably unhinge him even more.

It's a bit early in the PTR, though, so we don't know how many other factions in the Horde are supporting the Darkspear Rebellion over Garrosh, and whether any other Horde faction leaders are openly supporting the Rebellion. I see Lor'themar Theron being a likely candidate to openly support it rapidly, given things he's said and done in 5.1 and 5.2. Baine is another likely candidate.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2013-04-11 at 03:34 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    This is not a Saturday morning cartoon we're playing.
    I'd challenge that statement.
    Setting aside the fact that he is most likely joking to tease the Alliance player and make them feel uneasy (which would certainly fit with him and his sense of humor), characters who inhabit the moral grey area are generally more interesting than those who stand entirely in the light or darkness. So he snapped at a member of the opposing faction for displaying ignorance and immaturity. That hardly means he is beginning his fall to madness and dictatorship like the Hellscream whelp. Just that he isn't going to tolerate any kind of sass.
    Heh. Look at Illidan, Kael'thas, Garrosh. One moment they consider a different, new path, which would've made the story interesting, and next they are killing children, blasting manabombs, mutating themselves and enslaving everyone for the sake of world domination, just so that some righteous avenger would kill them soon.

There's very, very little space between jesus good and complete evil in this game. Sylvanas and Gallywix, thankfully, still are somewhere in between, but I fear for them. If they replace Gallywix with some kind soul, then goblins turn into green gnomes. Sylvanas... she's got a huge shadow, and the successor will be most likely lost somewhere in it. Lor'themar and Moira are still in question, perhaps even Vol'jin, depending on how the siege plays out. But the rest are cartoon heroes or decorations.
    Also, those saying this is inconsistent with his previous character should note he hasn't actually had much interaction with the Alliance if any. We've seen how he treats his friends but how he treats his enemies is a different matter. Just because he doesn't want a pointless war doesn't mean he has any love for the Alliance.
    He's already a paragon of virtue for some. Talking rudely to Garrosh is apparently an epic feat of courage and wisdom.
    You are forgetting the Darkspear Trolls are in open revolt now against Garrosh, meaning Garrosh is fighting a two-front war; one against the Alliance, and the other against rebels right on his doorstep, who are also harassing his forces in the Barrens.
    Is it a some kind of sly troll tactic to fight while standing on the knees, with a gun at the back of your head?
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-04-11 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    soo vol'jin once again is all talk

im really surprised how many of you are blowing a joke out of proportions, vol'jin is a troll, trolls have black humour, its just the way they are.

if this had been an orc or something then sure but this is vol'jin someone who has openly made contact with the alliance on more than one occasion and is atleast on good terms with varian and anduin.

the only other way they couldve made this seem more alliance friendly is if instead of vol'jin they had a big ole tauren givin out hugs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    soo vol'jin once again is all talk
    All talk? Isn't he the one who organized this whole revolt? It's him everyone is rallying behind. Not Baine or Sylvanas or Lor'themar or even Thrall. Sometimes "talk" is what you need more of and it is talk Garrosh has done so very little of. He's all action and now his own people are kicking his door down. It's probably a good idea to wait and see what he does in 5.4 (not to mention his upcoming novel) before deciding he won't back up his words.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Last I checked, he's the one who's faction is falling apart and needs our help to fix it. Seems he has some shaky ground to be parking his high horse on.
    as Aidan from Being Human once said "lets make this clear, we would owe you one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    as Aidan from Being Human us, once said "lets make this clear, we would owe you one!"
    fixed that for you, wouldnt want people getting the remake mixed up for the infinitely better original
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552