Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Being punished for stupidity and almost losing a battle because you're too busy playing grab ass with your boyfriend is not the same as not having free will. If that was true then no one has it. And what's this BS about mind altering devices? More from your crystal ball?
    It was implied in the quest chain's dialogue. You should read it, sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I hope that Sylvanas will just kill him and not waste effort on that failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounded like she was sending him to the dungeon for a beating but if you say so. Guess we'll find out in the next RTS eh?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Let me unpuzzle you:

1) We don't know exactly what Sylvanas is doing to Koltira.
    2) We have the undead starting quests presenting how newly risen are given options to choose from as well as a blue post stating free will is the cornerstone of Forsaken culture.
    1) May be, but the dialogue they had heavily implied that Sylvanas was going to alter Koltira's mind to suit her wants and needs. How she's doing it is another question.
    2) Free will implies choice, but since Sylvanas is willing to go against this by altering Koltira's mind, then there are reasons to question her free will policy among the Forsaken. It's not the first time she has been hiding her true colours and considering what a hypocrite she has become since Cataclysm, her messing with other people's minds are far from being out of the question.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being punished for stupidity and almost losing a battle because you're too busy playing grab ass with your boyfriend is not the same as not having free will. If that was true then no one has it.
    "Choice be the only true freedom anyone has" - Gabriel Tosh
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounded like she was sending him to the dungeon for a beating but if you say so. Guess we'll find out in the next RTS eh?
    Sending a Death Knight to a dungeon for simply beating him up is really redundant, if you ask me. Also, knowing Sylvanas, she certainly has tools that would prove to be far worse than a simple beating.

We'll see. ;-)
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-13 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sending a Death Knight to a dungeon for simply beating him up is really redundant, if you ask me. Also, knowing Sylvanas, she certainly has tools that would prove far worse than a simple beating up.

We'll see. ;-)
    Maybe, I'll agree with you it's possible. Sylvanas isn't exactly a good person and she doesn't represent the overall attitude of the Forsaken. She's more of less worshiped for giving them a home and direction so they tend to let things slide. Hell, maybe she will try some shit like that and it'll be her own downfall. You never know with her. They give a lot of mixed signals with her personality.

Still don't agree with the world domination though, I think that was just something from the table top RPG that they considered and switched directions on. I'd actually prefer they were their own faction, it would be more interesting but I don't see it happening. The game is just moving on to bigger enemies and petty wars over land and morals seems like a step backwards.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, I'll agree with you it's possible. Sylvanas isn't exactly a good person and she doesn't represent the overall attitude of the Forsaken. She's more of less worshiped for giving them a home and direction so they tend to let things slide. Hell, maybe she will try some shit like that and it'll be her own downfall. You never know with her. They give a lot of mixed signals with her personality.

Still don't agree with the world domination though, I think that was just something from the table top RPG that they considered and switched directions on. I'd actually prefer they were their own faction, it would be more interesting but I don't see it happening. The game is just moving on to bigger enemies and petty wars over land and morals seems like a step backwards.
    Yeah. At least it's understandable why the Forsaken follows her, since so far she has done a good job at handling Forsaken issues. Heck, she's even doing a too good of a job you could argue, since almost no one under the Forsaken banner seems to disapprove with anything she does or says.

Well, it does not necessarily have to lead to complete world domination, but at least becoming so powerful that the Forsaken is able to overcome/overpower the Horde's and Alliance's forces. Either way, it's bad news for both factions.

As for the story moving on to bigger things, I do agree with that, but considering that we're having Garrosh as our main goal this expansion, it's not that much of a stretch that Sylvanas could become a raid boss, even if the Forsaken does not get wiped out or even loses their Horde membership.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-13 at 11:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, if I start elaborating on all that was "implied in the quest chain's dialogue", I can easily "prove" just about anything. Let me just put on my tin foil hat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Hey, if I start elaborating on all that was "implied in the quest chain's dialogue", I can easily "prove" just about anything. Let me just put on my tin foil hat...
    Every story has its structure and I am simply following the structure the best I can. This is not real life where story structure logic does not apply, so keep that tinfoil hat to yourself, if you please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every story has its structure and I am simply following the structure the best I can. This is not real life where story structure logic does not apply, so keep that tinfoil hat to yourself, if you please.
    Then you should admit that Lich King was a very benevolent person, who tried to gradually convert Azeroth into the only force that could've stopped the Burning Legion, and we fucked that up. Also that Varian Wrynn is a tyrant and an oppressive dictator who makes his people eat mud and glorify him by building statues while the world is falling apart. I'm better at speculations, mine are more sophisticated.

Real world does follow logic, you just can't grasp it. In fact, real world fucking defines logical approach - which makes stories that differ too much from the real world stuff boring and predictable as fuck.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-04-14 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    This is pretty much truth.

Storywise, it doesn't make sense that the Forsaken can't be defeated and Lordaeron reclaimed, but even the most staunch Alliance players and supporters have to agree it would be pretty game breaking and upheaving to do so.

I still support the Alliance reclaiming and rebuilding Stromgarde to form an Alliance/Forsaken standoff between Arathi and Hillsbrad, but Blizzard has pretty much stated they'll never do that either.
    I've always wanted stormgarde to be rebuilt, would be an amazing outpost imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Then you should admit that Lich King was a very benevolent person, who tried to gradually convert Azeroth into the only force that could've stopped the Burning Legion, and we fucked that up. Also that Varian Wrynn is a tyrant and an oppressive dictator who makes his people eat mud and glorify him by building statues while the world is falling apart. I'm better at speculations, mine are more sophisticated.

Real world does follow logic, you just can't grasp it. In fact, real world fucking defines logical approach - which makes stories that differ too much from the real world stuff boring and predictable as fuck.
    Sorry, but that argument I have already made, and that was against someone else. Plus, if you are seriously going to argue that it's more sophisticated and better speculated, then you are biting yourself in the ass here. Having an opinion of characters and their actions that differs from how the writer/writers portray them as good/evil/etc. does not make your opinion apply to what will happen to the story. The Lich King was considered evil, which is why he got killed. King Varian is not considered a tyrant, which is why no one is forming a coup against him, and he also happens to have united the Alliance against the Horde, simply because it was written like that.

Also, what you said makes no sense at all. Stories are built in a way that do not completely follow real life logic, since otherwise they would not be freaking stories. Their narratives give hints and clues what will happen through the various elements used to tell them and their conclusions can differ from what would actually happen in real life if similar things were to occur. That is why the Alliance would be perfectly able to leave Orgrimmar without any strings attached, for instance, since the story can simply be written that way.

If the Alliance was going to take it back they would have done it with the Battle for Undercity back in Wotlk.

The only other way the Alliance could regain control over it now is if the Forsaken left it to go somewhere better. Perhaps a place that directly made them stronger by simply being there.

I don't know of any place like that in game but it is the only thing I could think of that would give Lordaeron back to the Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    all of the Forsaken have their souls within their bodies, therefore they are still sentient beings. They deserve the right for survival
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Lordaeron doesn't need restoring.
    The Forsaken are the people of Lordaeron, even before their rise from the grave.
    That is the point of view of the Forsaken and of the Horde ultimately, but it is not the absolute truth.

For the Alliance, the citizens of Lordaeron who perished in the Third War no longer exist, the Forsaken are merely disgusting abominations artificially animated with necromantic magic. The souls that inhabit those rotting bodies are merely malefic distortions of what they were in life and have no more right than to rest in peace forever in their graves.

The Forsaken are NOT the people of Lordaeron, the Forsaken are just monsters and aberrations that must be destroyed for the sake of humanity through the purifying fire of the Holy Light. The only people of Lordaeron entitled to recover their homes are those who are still living in exile throughout Azeroth, as the Queen Calia.

The Queen Calia will purge Lordaeron and will restore the purity of the kingdom, the sacred heart of the Alliance. For Lordaeron!

No lordaeron is now the home of the forsaken, it would be impossible from a game mechanic prospective to remove them from lordaeron unless blizzard decide to remove the forseken as a playable faction leaving new and old undeads just renegade and let them share the belf starting zone. Simply Impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I don't know about the alliance, but I want someone to reclaim Stratholme in the future. Preferably the alliance and not the forsaken this time...

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    No lordaeron is now the home of the forsaken, it would be impossible from a game mechanic prospective to remove them from lordaeron unless blizzard decide to remove the forseken as a playable faction leaving new and old undeads just renegade and let them share the belf starting zone. Simply Impossible.
    Actually it is possible, it will just require a lot of work and moving things around to make that happen.
    Hypothetically worgen and human forces reclaim Lordaeron from Gilneas. Forsaken in turn make Stratholme their city, complete with new Forsaken architecture, and continue the fight.

Haven't you heard the news? Stratholme belongs to the Argent Crusade. Did you forget the quests that you do helping them reclaiming it as a base of operations?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I don't know about the alliance, but I want someone to reclaim Stratholme in the future. Preferably the alliance and not the forsaken this time...

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 01:42 PM ----------

Actually it is possible, it will just require a lot of work and moving things around to make that happen.
    Hypothetically worgen and human forces reclaim Lordaeron from Gilneas. Forsaken in turn make Stratholme their city, complete with new Forsaken architecture, and continue the fight.
    lorewise stratholme and scholomance are already been retaken by the Argent Crusader, go play it and you see them reconquering it with your help. With the exception of andorhal everything in wpl and epl has been reclaimed by tirion.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Sylvanas and the Forsaken undead control part of Lordaeron's lands (i.e Tirisfal Glades, Hillsbrad and Silverpine), it'll never be fully restored.