Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stay on topic instead of the infighting and the "I'm better than you" posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Loving the "I'm worth more than you" attitude.. shame it's pathetic. Cheers for the laugh though.

Can we get back on topic now?

Yes arms is viable.
    Only in very specific circumstances, such as low gear level and/or lack of good fury weapons. So for LFR/starting normal modes, maybe. And it isn't so far behind generally that it'll make the difference between killing or wiping on most fights. That being said, fury is better. It's going to depend on what you mean by "viable".

Read the sig, wouldn't ask you for help if you paid me. Arrogance < stupid. Stupid can learn.

It's not arrogance, it's knowledge in his skills and class. Easy to confuse the two. Anyway, if all you're doing is clearing normal modes, then play whatever spec you're best at/enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    It's not arrogance, it's knowledge in his skills and class. Easy to confuse the two. Anyway, if all you're doing is clearing normal modes, then play whatever spec you're best at/enjoy.
    This. It ain't braggin if its true.

One thing I forgot to mention: It also depends on WHAT you are trying to do. Are you trying to do the best DPS possible? Play and learn fury. Are you trying to defend your choice of playing arms instead of fury in raid because it's more fun? In cases where you are only clearing normals, ok than arms will be viable, but it's not optimal. If you're someone who loves arms *cough recky* and can play it really well go ahead, in most cases it won't matter. If you're trying to get people to say arms is better, you won't find good warriors saying so, because it isn't true except, as mentioned, in very specific cases.

Roll the warrior, and play with all 3 specs and see what you like. It's a very good class in most all situations. yes people who max/min things will tell you there is an "ideal" spec/play style. But for what you're looking to do, do what you enjoy and what you have fun with.

This thread sure took a 180 turn since I last saw it...can we rename it to "Brakthir and Darkfriend: Self-appointed-super-warriors-of-MMO-Champion"? Would be a much fitting title.

P.S. You two have horrible parses. I will gladly take the infraction too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Roll the warrior, and play with all 3 specs and see what you like. It's a very good class in most all situations. yes people who max/min things will tell you there is an "ideal" spec/play style. But for what you're looking to do, do what you enjoy and what you have fun with.
    See, this is why I said "it depends on what you mean by viable." Because it depends. Recky (whose in Exodus) Bathwater in Angry (ok its brek but ima call him bathwater from now on :P) and I are talking about a higher end raid level or the min/max, which is the objective view. If you want a "fun" view, which is far more subjective, it's much harder to answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    This thread sure took a 180 turn since I last saw it...can we rename it to "Brakthir and Darkfriend: Self-appointed-super-warriors-of-MMO-Champion"? Would be a much fitting title.

P.S. You two have horrible parses. I will gladly take the infraction too.
    Horrible parses? I've been consistently placing top 5-25 since this tier started, so I have no idea what crack you're on. Maybe not so much more recently due to certain strats we use on certain bosses but I have definitely placed top 5 on multiple fights this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible parses? I've been consistently placing top 5-25 since this tier started, so I have no idea what crack you're on. Maybe not so much more recently due to certain strats we use on certain bosses but I have definitely placed top 5 on multiple fights this tier.
    Yup I think he's a troll is all.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-16 at 03:36 AM.

Lol, good one. You aren't even the best warrior in your guild. How's losing to an inferior geared warrior?

Must be nice rocking those dual 541 weapons and a 530 ilevel, getting parses in normal modes now while everyone with your gear is doing heroic modes. Big props. I can see why you come on these forums to flaunt your "skills", maybe someone who doesn't know better will help you contain that ego here huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Yup I think he's a troll is all.
    Brakthir is a big boy, Darkfriend, you don't have to baby him.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-04-15 at 09:26 PM.

Lol, good one. You aren't even the best warrior in your guild. How's losing to an inferior geared warrior?

Must be nice rocking those dual 541 weapons and a 530 ilevel, getting parses in normal modes now while everyone with your gear is doing heroic modes. Big props. I can see why you come on these forums to flaunt your "skills", maybe someone who doesn't know better will help you contain that ego here huh?
    ..What? I'm the only warrior now. And me and our other warrior then had similar item levels. So I'm highly confused as to what you're looking at, but it's certainly not the facts.

7th on heroic Ji-Kun by the way. And I got my offhand and heroic tforged trinket this week.
    The same fight where that other warrior did 40k more damage than you? You probably have your guild brainwashed to think you are some superstar too, so he probably left cause of that. Poor guy.

Also, I don't think you having 2 541 weapons and him having 2 535 ones count as "the same level". Superstar warrior should know this much no?

10+ Year Old Account
    You two have horrible parses. I will gladly take the infraction too.
    Well

I don't know about anyone else

But I think Brakthir is a pretty cool guy and has a consistent history as a heroic raider in a guild that gets shit done. I'd like to think that he has a pretty good idea of what he's doing and gives good advice.

Darkfriend has been a contributor of valuable guidance in many threads.

You? Who are you? There isn't a good reason to get an infraction. Not over a class discussion, anyway. You just look like some crazy guy yelling at people and threatening to kill them with a leg you broke off your chair because they disagreed with you.

The same fight where that other warrior did 40k more damage than you? You probably have your guild brainwashed to think you are some superstar too, so he probably left cause of that. Poor guy.

Also, I don't think you having 2 541 weapons and him having 2 535 ones count as "the same level". Superstar warrior should know this much no?
    Why he left has nothing to do with anything. We were even on gear for most of this tier as well, and considering I coined my mainhand and most of my heroic gear, loot was never an issue between us. I won the offhand and heroic TF trinket the week after he left. Also, RNG is RNG? Do you even raid heroics, bro?

I prefer Arms over Fury, but I just don't like Fury's rotation. I find Arms to be more fun. Now, Arms rotation is very easy, but that is not the reason I like it. I just find the play style more enjoyable. Never cared for the play style of Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well

I don't know about anyone else

But I think Brakthir is a pretty cool guy and has a consistent history as a heroic raider in a guild that gets shit done. I'd like to think that he has a pretty good idea of what he's doing and gives good advice.

Darkfriend has been a contributor of valuable guidance in many threads.

You? Who are you? There isn't a good reason to get an infraction. Not over a class discussion, anyway. You just look like some crazy guy yelling at people and threatening to kill them with a leg you broke off your chair because they disagreed with you.
    Huh? I posted once at the start without taking a particular side on anything. I haven't checked this forum in forever, came back today and saw two guys apparently shitting up the thread with how much better they are than everyone at their class.

I'm nobody, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't want to be anybody on some internet forum and hope people worship me. That's what Brakthir and Darkfriend are here for though, thus why they have to go around being "nice guys" giving "valuable" advice that consists of telling people how to do their openers and hitting the right buttons in every single post. Sorry, not my thing.

I come here to look for good threads to read up on about warriors, not see two guys flaunting their epeens around and their fellow lackeys with their mouths full of that.

Do you even raid heroics, bro?
    I don't raid heroics, but hey, the burden of proof is on you, not me. I'm not the one going around claiming I'm god's gift to warriors. If I was to make such a claim, I wouldn't be losing to the other warrior in my guild at least .
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-04-15 at 09:41 PM.

Giving advice == flaunting your epeen apparently. I know I'm a good warrior. I never claimed to be the best warrior. I've parsed in multiple tiers on heroic modes, and me and my guild have consistently finished Top US 30th in those tiers as well. That should be all the burden of proof you need.

As for losing to the other warrior, you do realize that a large part of parsing revolves heavily on luck as well right? Even with us crit stacking, enrage procs are still somewhat of a crap shoot and execute crits can easily determine the winner of a fight.

In this instance, I think I mistimed my last feather before the Ji-Kun burn. I didn't have the buff going into execute phase I believe. *shrug*

The other warrior is a solid player as well. We're both good warriors and had healthy competition between us to stay on top.

I believe I've contributed more to the warrior community than taken out of it. I offer my perspective from a high level of play and if people want to take that as elitism or me flaunting my epeen, so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to derail thread any more, but the burden of proof in a public discourse lies solely on NEITHER party, but on both to substantiate claims. For my part, I submit the following evidence that I know what I'm talking about:

1.) Past proof. My posts, my substantiated claims, upholding as true my criticisms of others advice, and agreement of skilled peers.

2.) Logical reasoning. Arms scales less well than fury, and was not significantly buffed in 5.2 to the point where it can overcome such flaws. Nor are there fights which so strongly favor arms to make arms a significant advantage to play and gear for.

3.) Public data. Sims, logs, and top raiders all point to fury being the superior spec for top end raiding. At lower ends of raiding, where skill, gear, and item level are all lower, arms actually has a niche.

If by "good in some cases and acceptable in others" than yes, arms is viable. If by viable you mean "good enough so that if it's what I have fun playing I can play it without too much detriment" than yes, play arms. If by viable you mean "the best way to maxamize my DPS." Than NO, arms is not viable.

This question, as it stands is far too ambiguous because we have no clue what anyone else means by "viable". You need to define your terms before you can have a good debate, if by not defining a term before you cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Avenger View Post
    This means people like to MS, OP, OP, MS, OP, OP.
    Yeah, it's totally dumbed down compared to the highly intricate Fury rotation, cough.