Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Looks like Aethas did indeed know what the Sunreavers were doing for Garrosh. Now, was it willingly or blackmail? Can't say.
    I agree, it could be blackmail
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As I've said, I think Aethas could shape up to be a very believable character if they play this right.

He was once an archmage of the city of dalaran, and often was scrutinized by veressa and the silver convent for simply being there, the old grudges held by Veressa at him and his faction of elves just trying to find get themselves rooted.

And so, in such developing times, a certain warchief rises to power with a hatred against the alliance, and Aethas, though he wishes to remain neutral despite the obvious tension rising between the two factions, he is confronted by either hellscream himself or an agent of hellscream, that someone can be arranged to deal with the silver convent.
    Aethas, who despite being a powerful mage, is still a mortal who just like anyone else could give into temptation, and the temptation of having that problem dealt with was so appealing to let up. Either this, or Aethas was confronted by hellscream or an agent, and told he will either follow what he says, or be taken out for disobeying Garrosh (maybe even the threat was aimed at the sunreavers themselves).

And so, Aethas makes a choice, simply to look the other way, well hellscreams agents use dalaran as a means to an end. He doesn't think of the consequences of this decison, but thinks more on what good might come of it, and even maybe for the sake of his own people (the sunreavers).

What develops there after, now Jaina being the kirin tors leader, and her finding out about how the sunreavers held some kind of part in Garrosh's plan, she didn't care for whatever reason Aethas looked the other way, he was as guilty as Garrosh, and so punished him and his people.

Well Aethas wanted what was best for the sunreavers, he gave into Garrosh's tempation. He didn't know what would happen, he simply thought it the better choice at the time, and so now when at the throne of thunder when faced off with Jaina, he is faced with what he did in turning the other way, the mistake he made and the cost it brought to his people, but he won't open up to admitting that mistake, after all what good would it do now, its already been done.

To me, this makes Aethas a very human character (despite being a elf but really all characters in wow come from a human perpsective) in that he made a mistake, his people paid for that mistake, and now he tries to bottle up the guilt of that mistake.
    First of all, if he was looking the other way, not thinking of the consequences, he's an idiot. He fought hard to get the Sunreavers into Dalaran. Risking to get thrown out was the worst he could have done for his people. And for what? To appease their stupid warchief? He should've been doing the same thing Lor'themar was doing, fighting to get his people into the Alliance and trying to prepare for the inevitable fight against Garrosh. His people would have had the support of Dalaran and the Alliance. Now they are part of a soon-to-be broken Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As I've said, I think Aethas could shape up to be a very believable character if they play this right.

He was once an archmage of the city of dalaran, and often was scrutinized by veressa and the silver convent for simply being there, the old grudges held by Veressa at him and his faction of elves just trying to find get themselves rooted.

And so, in such developing times, a certain warchief rises to power with a hatred against the alliance, and Aethas, though he wishes to remain neutral despite the obvious tension rising between the two factions, he is confronted by either hellscream himself or an agent of hellscream, that someone can be arranged to deal with the silver convent.
    Aethas, who despite being a powerful mage, is still a mortal who just like anyone else could give into temptation, and the temptation of having that problem dealt with was so appealing to let up. Either this, or Aethas was confronted by hellscream or an agent, and told he will either follow what he says, or be taken out for disobeying Garrosh (maybe even the threat was aimed at the sunreavers themselves).

And so, Aethas makes a choice, simply to look the other way, well hellscreams agents use dalaran as a means to an end. He doesn't think of the consequences of this decison, but thinks more on what good might come of it, and even maybe for the sake of his own people (the sunreavers).

What develops there after, now Jaina being the kirin tors leader, and her finding out about how the sunreavers held some kind of part in Garrosh's plan, she didn't care for whatever reason Aethas looked the other way, he was as guilty as Garrosh, and so punished him and his people.

Well Aethas wanted what was best for the sunreavers, he gave into Garrosh's tempation. He didn't know what would happen, he simply thought it the better choice at the time, and so now when at the throne of thunder when faced off with Jaina, he is faced with what he did in turning the other way, the mistake he made and the cost it brought to his people, but he won't open up to admitting that mistake, after all what good would it do now, its already been done.

To me, this makes Aethas a very human character (despite being a elf but really all characters in wow come from a human perpsective) in that he made a mistake, his people paid for that mistake, and now he tries to bottle up the guilt of that mistake.
    I agree with you 80% ! But still believe he wanted to get rid of High elven problem and Rhonin. Maybe he was forced to or tempted by some thought/emotions, but he found all this as salvation for most of his problems. When Vareesa Rhonin and Jaina would be dead? Who would be Leader of Kirin Tor and Dalaraan would have been defenseless.

And If Garrosh would succeed, which was most likely. Then for sure Aethas would have been greatly awarded maybe with Dalaraan, dont you agree? If everything went as planned Aethas wouldnt be called traitor, but a Hero! So he isnt that innocent, tempted by "Warchief".
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-13 at 07:23 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I agree with you 80% ! But still believe he wanted to get rid of High elven problem and Rhonin. Maybe he was forced to or tempted by some thought/emotions, but he found all this as salvation for most of his problems. When Vareesa Rhonin and Jaina would be dead? Who would be Leader of Kirin Tor and Dalaraan would have been defenseless.
    He didn't really have a high elven problem anymore though, and Rhonin was one of his biggest supporters. He was trying to mend bridges with Vereesa in In the Shadow of the Sun, and he succeeded in getting the blood elves readmitted into Dalaran after Wrath despite the Silver Covenant. Jaina's little tour of Dalaran to Alliance PCs suggested the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant were actually getting along pretty well now; the Kirin Tor were above the war, and both Aethas and Jaina took pride in that.

That's the big issue with him -- things were going VERY well for Aethas. He was in a good spot in his life, his critics had no political sway, he had friends and allies on the council who valued his opinion (see Tides of War), and he was getting what he wanted. What would compel him to risk all of that -- more or less his life's work -- for the sake of a guy he despises?

I stand by the OP; if he's guilty, then it probably wasn't by preference.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yes I confess that i was wrong when I said about she knewing about treachery . But still Horde is to blame. 1. Because When Alliance took the bell they gave it to Dalaraan, because they had no use of it and didnt need them. As Varian told in meeting that they didnt need Sha power. 2. And because it was Powerful magic artifact and 3. Because Dalaraan took responsibility of the arcifact them meant that they had their interest in this bell too and somehow belonged to them (Kirin tor). So that means that Horde attacked Alliance to steal Dalaraan Property, as well as Alliance's.
    That's a pretty convoluted explanation ...

You know what they say about explanations. *cough*Occam's razor*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessMil View Post

2) She never really declared herself fully neutral. At the end of Tides of War, she clearly states while holding a speech as the new leader of the Kirin Tor that there can be no peace while Garrosh remains the Warchief of the Horde. There seemed to be no real qualm within the Kirin Tor about this. Thus, it makes perfect sense that Jaina wants to prevent Garrosh from obtaining yet another magical artifact that is capable of wreaking as much, if not even more havoc than the Focusing Irirs.
    In the end it's still hypocritical. She demands others be neutral, yet she is herself isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I'm probably very wrong and nothing will come of it, but firstly why have they introduced almost a muru 2.0 in the same location as the first one? Second like OP says there's something suspicious about Aethas. Would be pretty random if these things led nowhere.
    Blizzard making last minute changes, continuity be damn? Why never. That would never happen. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He didn't really have a high elven problem anymore though, and Rhonin was one of his biggest supporters. He was trying to mend bridges with Vereesa in In the Shadow of the Sun, and he succeeded in getting the blood elves readmitted into Dalaran after Wrath despite the Silver Covenant. Jaina's little tour of Dalaran to Alliance PCs suggested the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant were actually getting along pretty well now; the Kirin Tor were above the war, and both Aethas and Jaina took pride in that.

That's the big issue with him -- things were going VERY well for Aethas. He was in a good spot in his life, his critics had no political sway, he had friends and allies on the council who valued his opinion (see Tides of War), and he was getting what he wanted. What would compel him to risk all of that -- more or less his life's work -- for the sake of a guy he despises?

I stand by the OP; if he's guilty, then it probably wasn't by preference.
    Above all, I think someone, probably Falnyr, kept telling him that he had to do it, he had to let them, just this thing and no one would bother him again; that if he didn't do it, Garrosh was going to exterminate all the blood elves he could for refusing direct orders, so he HAD to let them use the Dalaran portals, no one will know, Jaina won't know. Just this once, Aethas, then you are free.