Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Around 10 pages ago I mentioned torture. When I said I have sources, I basically meant to say I really can't tell you from where... Lets just say I know a lot of people that work in the area.
    Let me guess, if you told us you'd have to kill us? That shit don't fly. Can't make an argument then go "NOPE CAN'T TELL YOU".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    However heinous the crimes he's accused of are, he's one of us, with all the rights and protections that entails. These rights mean nothing if we don't extend them to everyone.
    That's not necessarily true.

Textbook example is someone in custody waiving said rights.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I called the interview sycophantic for a reason. (Interestingly, in Dante's Inferno, the sycophants were buried in pits on the 8th Circle of Hell.)
    I thought being a sycophant was more to pander to a person to gain influence, i didn't see much pandering, just inane bigoted nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    12 years in the country, should qualify for home grown.
    If they accepted this country as their home, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 10 pages ago I mentioned torture. When I said I have sources, I basically meant to say I really can't tell you from where... Lets just say I know a lot of people that work in the area.
    And let's say that I don't trust your sources and despises anyone working in the torture "industry" or interoperation as they call them these days. If it were up to me all personal responsible for torture in guantanamo and the likes would get a long vacation in prison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    And let's say that I don't trust your sources and despises anyone working in the torture "industry" or interoperation as they call them these days. If it were up to me all personal responsible for torture in guantanamo and the likes would get a long vacation in prison.
    It's not torture, it's "interrogation" or "information extraction".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Apparently the younger brother wasn't that religious, he went to parties, smoked weed, and had sex freely. He seems "American" enough to me.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

He didn't renounce his citizenship now did he?

15+ Year Old Account
    The country accepted him, he is a citizen of the US.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What? That's insane. He's an American citizen for crying out loud! Do you have a link for that?
    I believe Congress passed something in 2006 that gives the President power to declare a US Citizen an enemy combatant...

(Of course, if Obama does that, he'll be OMG DICTATOR! ...and if he doesn't, he'll take flak for being a muslim sympathizer.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellen Keller View Post
    I thought being a sycophant was more to pander to a person to gain influence, i didn't see much pandering, just inane bigoted nonsense.
    True, there's definitely a strong theme of "servile self-interest" with sycophant. What I was trying to indicate was that the "interviewer" was just giving him a chance to rant at length about the supposed evils of Islam. Guess I should have just called it a "so-called" interview or something. No matter how we label it, I think we can agree that it's without merit.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    So the government gives it's orders to interrogate x people using y methods and you say punish the people? Torture I don't condone exactly but it does have a purpose.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The country accepted him, he is a citizen of the US.
    They didn't accept the country, they didn't like Americans and found Americans weird and what not. They never accepted the country and they're immigrants which is why I don't really see this as homegrown.

15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't accept the country, they didn't like Americans and found Americans weird and what not. They never accepted the country and they're immigrants which is why I don't really see this as homegrown.
    Funny definition then, he is 19, lived 12 of those last years in the US and is a citizen.
    Maybe he acquired his radical ideas when he was 4 and not in the US eh?

Home grown.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-04-20 at 07:37 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torture is unreliable, criminal, and engaging in it has done as least as much damage as the 9/11 attacks themselves did. When the government decided to start torturing prisoners, it was a victory for Al Qaeda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did OblivionX ever post his pictures regarding the suspects being darker than the media portrays them to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the government gives it's orders to interrogate x people using y methods and you say punish the people? Torture I don't condone exactly but it does have a purpose.
    No, it doesn't have a purpose except showing how inhumane a person can be. These people could still refuse the job and I haven't condemned the whole security just the "interrogation" staff and rightfully so.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Did OblivionX ever post his pictures regarding the suspects being darker than the media portrays them to be?
    Haven't seen them and I doubt he did.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

Yeah right! This guy will be out on the streets in 2 day on probation.

Come on its the USA, we sympathize with the criminal here not persecute them!
    money's such a good medium of exchange until you lose focus on the fact that it's a medium of exchange in favor of thinking of it as an end in itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebb View Post

Not on this level, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebb View Post

Yes a person who whilst isn't charge with being guilty of the bombing yet will still get charged with at least one count of murder, so yes 2 days it totally how soon he'll be out. Get out with the hyperbole's

Deleted
    Just to say... has there been any proof that these guys did the deed apart from a blurry video and fighting the police. Dont want sound naive here but to me this manhunt kind of goes over the top for that kind of evidence... whats next? trial with all bombing victims in the jury and then public excecution? The USA should try to keep it down and be less hysterical about these kind of terror, show greatness and keep it civil, to gain a higher moral standing above people who only got hate on the US on their mind. Personally that whole treatment disgusts me and everyone is hysterical out there and looking for blood, nothing is gained from that except the notion for terrorists how easy it is to make the US lose their mind and getting terrorized.

He's a citizen. That's all there is to it.