Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And that is why we do not allow people to practise vigilante justice.
    They just give options. they dont go out there searching for them like the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I thought 4Chan definitely got the wrong guy?
    You mean they aren't agreeing with the FBI. Doesn't mean its the wrong guy, just not the guy they want it to be.
    Remember the FBI said NOT to look at ANY other pictures except the ones they say are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Tell me, which religious order did Timothy McVeigh blow up the Oklahoma building for?

Which deity did the Columbine kids murder a ton of high-school students over?

This bomber's religion doesn't mean squat at this point. Maybe he (gasp!) was just seriously pissed off at life and wanted to hurt people for the hell of it because of any number of stupid reasons - ranging from "they're useless sheeple" to "in the end, their lives mean nothing in the cosmic grand scheme of whatever bullshit I'm believing in right now"
    I really do not care; however, when I said that most of our attacks recently have been by muslims the argument that we don't know he's a muslim came up but he is a muslim...

Well it's a good thing he looks like a Jonas brother his dance card will be filled in prison.

Show me one of these guys actually planting a bomb otherwise where is the evidence. I see more people with book bags then without.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Show me one of these guys actually planting a bomb otherwise where is the evidence. I see more people with book bags then without.
    Well... it looks pretty suspicious when one of you gets into a 2 hour long gun fight with police and post suspicious things on twitter and such. Oh and your brother got into a gun fight with police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So the government gives it's orders to interrogate x people using y methods and you say punish the people? Torture I don't condone exactly but it does have a purpose.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 03:00 PM ----------

They didn't accept the country, they didn't like Americans and found Americans weird and what not. They never accepted the country and they're immigrants which is why I don't really see this as homegrown.
    I find most Americans weird, are you going to strip me of my rights if I shack up with a yank and move over there?

I love that they have to find them "planting the bomb" for it to be real evidence.
    Do you only accept a man shot another if you have him on camera doing said shooting?
    We didn't have McVeigh on camera setting up the bomb, do you doubt he did it?
    Evidence can exist without having video footage or pictures of someone in the act. If it was limited to that, nearly no one would be convicted of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salam aleikum is his twitter title thing or whatever so I am going to assume this as some confirmation of his being a muslim
    Salam Aleikum or peace be upon you is the equivalent of "Hello." and what of it if he is a Muslim?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    His aunt already said the family is (moderate) Muslim. As-salamu alaykum is a standard greeting for a billion Muslims around the world

The question is whether or not they became radicalized. The aunt told NPR a very interesting story about how the older brother even married a Christian woman, how they were moderate Muslims and then how the older brother started "doing the 5 prayers a day" thing Muslims about 4 or 5 years ago. Even keeping the fard as-salat isn't a sign of extremism, any practicing Muslim does them just as any practicing Catholic goes to Mass on Sundays and holy days. But it certainly shows an increase in activity in Islam for the older brother.
    I pray 5 times a day and it sure doesn't make any more extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I find most Americans weird, are you going to strip me of my rights if I shack up with a yank and move over there?
    We just wouldn't give them to you in the first place, since you're a dirty foreigner.

(sarcasm) >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    We just wouldn't give them to you in the first place, since you're a dirty foreigner.

(sarcasm) >.>
    I am not filthy, that it offensive! I bathe every six months whether I need to or not.

Well... it looks pretty suspicious when one of you gets into a 2 hour long gun fight with police and post suspicious things on twitter and such. Oh and your brother got into a gun fight with police.
    Not to mention running your brother over with your car to get away from the cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do not care; however, when I said that most of our attacks recently have been by muslims the argument that we don't know he's a muslim came up but he is a muslim...
    And unless your bring reliable sources about your claims, they'll still be just that claims.

We don't have that. What we do have is photos and tape of both of them walking together with backpacks, splitting up, then later photos/videos where neither has their backpacks on. Coupled with their use if explosives during the chase, the evidence is enough to detain and investigate further.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    And it also turned out that it has nothing to do with it....yet. He's not even from the middle east. The only extreme thing about him is that he managed to persuade his girlfriend into becoming a Muslim.

I agree it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    And it also turned out that it has nothing to do with it....yet. He's not even from the middle east. The only extreme thing about him is that he managed to persuade his girlfriend into becoming a Muslim.
    I had the misfortune of watching Fox's coverage of the ordeal last night, and the worst came from Bill O'Reilly when he went on about how "this is the new face of Islamic terrorism."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    We don't have that. What we do have is photos and tape of both of them walking together with backpacks, splitting up, then later photos/videos where neither has their backpacks on. Coupled with their use if explosives during the chase, the evidence is enough to detain and investigate further.
    Tons of people had backpacks and left them after the explosion happened. Police said there were over a hundred bags left behind that they had to search through.
    So we have tape of many others with bags and then without.

We don't know who was using explosives we only know what they have told us.
    I am not saying they are innocent I am saying we only know what we are told.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I had the misfortune of watching Fox's coverage of the ordeal last night, and the worst came from Bill O'Reilly when he went on about how "this is the new face of Islamic terrorism."
    I wonder what was the old face.

This saddens me. People use these lame details to support their propaganda. More people have died in that school or kindergrten shooting that happened some months ago by the hand of a normal guy, yet they make a bigger deal out of this...CUZ HE'Z A MUZLIM!!!!!!111!!one!!1!

So the media has gone from caring about the victims, to caring more about the terrorist/attacker/criminal, to caring more whether the terrorist/attacker/criminal is a Muslim or not.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-04-21 at 12:56 AM.

Tons of people had backpacks and left them after the explosion happened. Police said there were over a hundred bags left behind that they had to search through.
    So we have tape of many others with bags and then without.

We don't know who was using explosives we only know what they have told us.
    I am not saying they are innocent I am saying we only know what we are told.
    I'm sure they have more than enough proof than you will ever know and have been shown.