Poll: Will You Buy D3 Expac?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I enjoy the game all the way up to killing inferno diablo so ya I will be buying

Deleted
    very likely yes. I keep popping once in a while into the game and play another 100+ hours on it so it has been worthwhile. no reason *for me* not to buy it

Depends on what it contains, and how much it costs.... so chalk me up for 'maybe'.

Most likely, yes. They are nearly done fixing the brokeness of Diablo 3 as it is now, the upcoming changes to legendaries to make legendaries attractive and not "not another vendor legendary". All I really want now is a class-theme that I like (Diablo 3 didn't have a single one for me).

They could also cease this moment and remove the AH, but that is just wishful thinking. Hopefully they'll come up with something, though.

Ninja edit: they could learn a thing or two from GGG (Path of Exile).
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-05-23 at 06:36 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Probably I will, but core issues have to be addressed. Itemization, some replayabilty value for your main character besides farming, much less focus on the AH and on repetitive tasks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    90% sure that I won't buy it. Depends if there will be Paladin :P
    Haha yep. It depends for me if they put in new classes. I really like the concept of the Demon Hunter, but the constant nerfs really ruined it for me because I had a full glass cannon build, and when they ruined it, I was left with nothing, completely stuck in Act 2 Inferno. I rerolled to Barb, and finally killed Diablo on Inferno... But I think the main problem with the game is the AH. Since the AH doesn't exist on the PS3 and PS4 variants, if there is an expansion on both platforms I will likely buy the whole lot on the Playstation, as I legitimately believe the AH ruins the game.

Yes i will, and i hope there will be a paladin or druid class maby both.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yes.

D3 is a decent game and worth having in my catalog of go to time killers.

No and I am still regreting spending money on Diablo 3. WORST BUY EVER.

No, just no.

Deleted
    Ofc I will, I will even buy the ps3/ps4 version of it

No.

You can polish and pressurize a turd all you want...it won't turn into a diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    You have never played D2 / LoD nor can I flame you right now on how upset I am on this post however it is your opinion and thus I will respect it for now. I will let you see a memory here

- 12 years old as a little kid on LoD ~
    Mephisto runs
    Pindleskin Runs
    Baal Runs
    Cow Runs
    Diablo Runs
    Windforces all around god tier everything of dropped with my Hammerdin Orb Sorc Meteor sorc Lightning nova before they nerfed it sorc god dam it was flowing with unique's everywhere and I did this shit for HOURS and hours

- Present time - Adult now -
    Act 3 x 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9 times for 12 hours + a day with level 100 paragon
    What do I get? SHIT S H I T nothing but garbage. You know how I got my gear? I didn't get it by drops fuck no all I did was the manipulation of the auction house not a single of my gear is fucking found.

God the game makes me mad and PoE fucking failed me too I destroyed that game so I have nothing to play but DotA 24/7 now

VERY MAD.
    So you never played D2? Just LoD?

Because in D2 rare items were the best and good ones were extremely rare. Rare gothic bows for zons, rare exec swords and laces for barbs.. Dual leech rare rings.. The only benefit D2 (before LoD) had over D3 was that some unique items were useful. And there were no level requirements on the gear. I had a necro and sorc decked out in full unique's and double soj at level 30.. Was way OP.

Though, I did have an easier time finding unique's and rares in D2 than I did in D3. Plus you could trade 6 perfect skulls for an SoJ - and gems were a lot easier to upgrade then, so there was always a way to get something..

Pretty much what I am saying is that D3 is more comparable to the original D2 - Not D2:LoD. Which was a mistake since LoD was a huge improvement.

But essentially the poster you quoted was correct, and you don't realize this because you never played D2 before the xpac..

I'll buy it for the story, just like Starcraft "2". Can't help myself, even if I know it will be disappointing.

Just a hint.

Go to vgchartz. While it only tracks sold copies of games and not digital downloads, just look at the ratio between sold copies of initial launches and ... EXPANSIONS... The number is around 30 to 40% sold expansions compared to the original.

So according to this vgchartz figure taken from ALL games, the included poll of this thread already indicates that 40% is a very good average for a D3 expansion.

Nothing to see here really.

Also: more than one year after its launch, D3 still resides in the top 10 of Korean and western tracking tools of games being played. Which indicates the staying power of D3 for those that like it ... to play it from time to time. MUCH more than SC2. Logical, since D3 is a very casual friendly game that you can play whenever you are in the mood without the need of staying on top (like mmo's).

So again, no surprises really.

D3 in hardcore mode is a killer though ... And more and more people play it that way.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-27 at 06:19 AM.

Probably not. For a 60 dollar game I just want some free updates!

Played through a couple of the difficulty levels, realised the game was beyond monotonous; I don't think Diablo is for me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I predict the first D3 expansion will be Blizzard's worst selling product for some time.

Will it still break a million sales and be profitable? Yep, sure will. That's the power of the Blizzard brand. They have amassed enough casual fans who will just pick up the latest game that anything they release at this point will make money.

However when you compare it to expansion pack sales of other games (both in terms of actual sales or in terms of % of original playerbase) it's going to do very poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the game with annual pass, cleared normal, got bored and quit. One year later I give the game another chance... and I'm hooked into the game. I will definitely buy the expansion when it comes out.