Poll: Will You Buy D3 Expac?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And D2 was kinda crap until the expansion came.
    I chuckle everytime i see some post something like this. Clearly didnt play d2 until LOD. Classic was the best in d2, no botting, duping and the ladder was respectable.

D3 has fundamental flaws that would need an overhaul of the basic systems. Gems are the perfect example of whats wrong with this game. Probably the poorest design ive seen in any game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Simple question

For me: No

Not unless substantial improvements are made that overlook the horrendous forced story line and absurd RNG itemization drops that force people to use the AH or pure luck to gear up.
    More than likely yes. I am a casual player and enjoyed my mostly single player game having reached Inferno on a number of chars.
    Last edited by mmoc150ef56254; 2013-04-22 at 04:47 PM. Reason: wierd - poll didn't show at first, so now removed question about poll

I may, although it highly depends what's going on in my life at the time, and how interested I am in devoting time to a video game. The only reason I won't buy it is also out of spite for the business plan Blizzard/Activision has implemented in to this game. They intentionally wait to release simple mechanics (Not being able to compare equipped gear with AH, wtf?), just to have patch notes in the future. Think about all the miniscule mechanics that have been previously implemented in to their games whether it be WoW, or WC3, and realize how much of these were left out at release, but apart of future patch notes. SC2, no chat channels, even though they were greatly appreciated in WC3 (WTF just to be released in a future patch AGAIN). Blizzard/Activision has now implemented this same business plan in to Diablo, intentionally relieve mechanics of release to have content lacking patch notes in the future.

not unless some serious changes were made but i dont see that ever happening. ill stick with d2 ladder

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game has too many issues at its core to be fixed in such a way that would be worth spending my money on.

I can appreciate how much they've done since that jackass Jay Wilson got hauled off the project but it's too little far too late.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I wont buy it, but if they do another "anual pass" I will take that opertunity since I plan on keep playing wow, but since its a expansion I hope its 6months only now
    Gonna have to agree with Hellfury. Also agreed with the overall improvements that the OP wants.

I suppose if they were to not do an Annual Pass type of deal I'd still get it if it was cheap enough (like $20 tops).

D3 itself was most certainly not worth $60 (to me, at least) so I'm glad I did AP for it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Gonna have to agree with Hellfury.

I suppose if they were to not do an Annual Pass type of deal I'd still get it if it was cheap enough (like $20 tops).

D3 itself was most certainly not worth $60 (to me, at least) so I'm glad I did AP for it. :P

I took the annual pass too and I think Blizzard made a bad move there ... As I STOPPED playing WoW and only play D3 since one year now.

Diablo 3 in hardcore is a far far better game than WoW to me. Why ? Because of the solo challenge in D3 hardcore. You can play D3 in casual way without gearscore, attunement needs, daily reputation grinds etc...

But mostly it is the individual challenge that is completely absent in an MMORPG that makes the difference. D3's combat is much faster paced too.

Ok, so you play the same content in D3, but frankly, hardcore challenge primes everything. Solo challenge is the CORE design of every video game (from Pac Man to Mario).

----

D3 still retains the long term gear chase as in WoW but the kick of playing it in hardcore mode over all your (dying) characters is an extra dimension of that challenge.

With each class up to 60 and killing Diablo in HC Inferno, you'll have a lot to do and the good thing is ... You can stop playing for a few days or even weeks between avatars and then jump in without even the need to play it daily.

I think MMO's no longer appeal to present day internet play of short playing sessions and quick attention spans. It shows more and more. That's where I see Diablo 3 and Hearthstone coming in.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-04-24 at 04:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Will You Buy The Diablo 3 Expansion?
    Of course.

Zero reasons not to. 40€ isn't money.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

I took the annual pass too and I think Blizzard made a bad move there ... As I STOPPED playing WoW and only play D3 since one year now.

Blizzard made more money off you that way then if you had just canceled your sub and bought the game by itself. So....grats on owning yourself? Although for you this is just par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You can stop playing for a few days or even weeks between avatars and then jump in without even the need to play it daily.
    Much like every other game in existence lol.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-04-24 at 04:28 PM.

Not sure about x-pac, but I would definitely buy Diablo 3 PS3 edition. Sounds like a lot more fun than original.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Not sure about x-pac, but I would definitely buy Diablo 3 PS3 edition. Sounds like a lot more fun than original.
    Unless they change the itemization it sounds horrible, same as the current PC game with no ability to get decent items at all due to the poor itemization.

depends what it is and what it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Unless they change the itemization it sounds horrible, same as the current PC game with no ability to get decent items at all due to the poor itemization.
    They already said they will change itemization due to unavailability of AH.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    They already said they will change itemization due to unavailability of AH.
    Fair enough, not read up on it as I don't have a PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. It depends on what's in it of course but it's likely that I'll get it.

I couldn't care less about the story but would really enjoy free-roaming the acts. More real randomness would be good too both in outdoor areas and dungeons. I don't know why they all seem to be limited to two levels but entering one and not knowing if the bottom of the thing is 2 levels or 10 would be welcome.

There's a lot of minor things like that that would be great to see. But like I said, it depends on what's in it. Extra classes, new acts, new zones by themselves would probably guarantee a purchase.

If they offer a server instance that I can log onto that has the same itemization as in the PS3 game and no AH, I'm there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'll get it - but a lot like D3, I probably won't play it extensively after finishing the campaign on Inferno. I'm just not much for doing the same content over and over with literally no new enemies or environs (WoW raiding at least only makes me do the same content for a few months..that's the difference for me and it's only weekly, Diablo I can farm a whole act over and over in one day and that isn't necessarily fun to me)

I just hope they add a really fun new class, I'd like to see the Necro return as a class that plays (read: not thematically) in the style of the old paladin + the necro combined, I loved playing Hammerdin back in D2.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

It's worth buying just for the story I believe. I just hope it'll be pretty decent.

would require them to change the entire loot philosophy to that of D2. D3s, "you must use auction house" philosophy just ruined my enjoyment of the game completely, wanna find my own stuff, not grind gold to buy stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    would require them to change the entire loot philosophy to that of D2. D3s, "you must use auction house" philosophy just ruined my enjoyment of the game completely, wanna find my own stuff, not grind gold to buy stuff.
    What exactly is stopping you from doing just that? I play a hardcore selffound-only character, that is not allowed to use items found from other characters (mostly because I bought items for my other hardcore characters of the auction house) and only uses selffound items. If that's what you are longing for, try it out. There is really no one forcing you to buy things that other people found, nor to grind gold to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    What exactly is stopping you from doing just that?
    I'm guessing he/she's not a masochist...