Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was an award for top MMO of the year? I didn't even know that existed. Links please? Meh ill just google it I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I see you didn't learn from your last ban. Different people like different things. Get the hell over it. You are clearly done with Wow. Great. Not everyone is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 06:26 PM ----------

Enough with the insults. People play wow because they enjoy it not because they are "diluted" (I assume you meant deluded) or because they don't know any better.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 06:28 PM ----------

And yet more insults. People play wow because they enjoy it not because they are addicts.
    Nice arguing points... and you mentioned my ban, so are you admitting to reporting my logical, non irrational post by calling it "trolling" I'm glad you like to pretend you win debates by abusing the report button. You're just lucky a biased mod read my post and couldn't come up with anything to argue it by, so they just banned me. But what did you bring to the table? Nothing. You like the game, I get that, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not what it used to be. That upsets you and you need to realize that you can't control this matter... Just accept it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Only reasons that game has not died off yet is because of the competitive scene and its original popularity. Plus, Valve is pretty excellent at advertising all their games through Steam, so that is why there are still people playing that freaking thing.
    Advertising helped it stay alive? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    -snip-
    You're the one saying other people's opinions are wrong so I really don't see the point of your huge response. I think you're the one that is getting offended that people still enjoy the game. I believe that you're just going to accept the fact that WoW is still fun for millions. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    wow is the best mmo? Then why didn't it win the award? that's what I thought
    Just like fantastic movies get ignored at the Oscars and yet make a billion dollars at the box office. The same critics who vote for 'mmo of the year' are the same type of useless waste of space that thinks some artsy-fartsy film that makes 10 bucks is Oscar-worthy while a movie that was #1 for weeks is ignored. People vote good or bad with their wallets and WoW is king of the western MMO jungle.

"Wahhh people like something that I don't like, wahhhh! Oh, and it's gonna die soon! Wahhhh!"

Great thread, OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Just like fantastic movies get ignored at the Oscars and yet make a billion dollars at the box office. The same critics who vote for 'mmo of the year' are the same type of useless waste of space that thinks some artsy-fartsy film that makes 10 bucks is Oscar-worthy while a movie that was #1 for weeks is ignored. People vote good or bad with their wallets and WoW is king of the western MMO jungle.
    The Hobbit is a good example.

15+ Year Old Account
    MMO of the year:

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still play Street Fighter 3 every now and then. That came out, 1999.

Besides, WoW is an MMO--the whole point for it is to progress..GJ to blizz for making a good game.
    Howay the lads!

It's not the game it was 9 years ago. I think it's the secret of WoW's success. Constant change, however changes are not liked and raged over it's what makes the game what it is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon Red & Blue were released in America September 30, 1998. People still play Pokemon games TODAY, in 2013!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE THINKING, PLAYING GAMES THEY FIND FUN AND ALL?!?!?!?!?

/obligational facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post

And some of us are crazy enough to keep playing after 8 years.
    +1 10chars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    People still play sports, and that has been out since forever.

OP you didn't think that through did you?
    I know this post is from the first page but I wanted to reply. The longevity of video games is different than sports since there are huge improvements in video game graphics, ai, ect in a short amount of time. Sports stay the same so they dont become obsolete.

If you really want to compare video games to sports it should be done by genre and not per title. FPS, RTS, MMO... will be played long after we are all gone.