10+ Year Old Account

Patron Abilities now on PTS

For those of us that will be getting Patron status when Rift goes F2P on June 12th, i present to you the first look at some of the QoL goodies we will get

Each will offer a boost of an extra 40% for two hours and looks like the same as the weekly "bonuses" for doing Experts, save up seven and blow through them in one go or use them daily

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    For those of us that will be getting Patron status when Rift goes F2P on June 12th, i present to you the first look at some of the QoL goodies we will get

Each will offer a boost of an extra 40% for two hours and looks like the same as the weekly "bonuses" for doing Experts, save up seven and blow through them in one go or use them daily

As much as the vials look really nice, the mailbox we already have, the banker we have, trainers are pretty much useless and not used, the only one apart from the buffs is the guild banner. Still better than a kick in the nads though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Agree, everyone has those already and the trainers have served no purpose since forever (aside maybe for a new alt).
    Well actually, since a hotfix shortly after the release of Storm Legion nobody even needs to train moves in the first place, they level up with you.

I see these trainers being useful in raids, allows you to summon one, clear you spec and then make quickly make a new spec or shuffle points about without having to return to a trainer in the city, I am sure every raider has experienced when you get to a boss and X person doesn't have the correct spec and everyone needs to wait for them to port out reset souls and then get summoned back in.

Just purely convience tho =)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Agree, everyone has those already and the trainers have served no purpose since forever (aside maybe for a new alt).
    Yeah...still don't believe they care too much about patron status until I see something else. This is nice, but not worth the money, as the only useful thing is the boosts. I'm sure you will be able to buy similar boosts on the Cash Shop with credits, so I don't see anything showing why the $15 is better spent here as opposed to straight up in the shop.
    BAD WOLF

veteransboni will be gone with f2p so no new player can get the mailbox and guildbanker is a nice option too for raids

How many Frozen Eclipse Stones will raid bosses drop now? Just want to get an idea of the 40% increase for that in addition to guild perk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed with this.

Patron benefits are a bit on the weak side, in my opinion. I hear the bonuses stack, however?
    Can anyone confirm? So, like 40%, 80%, 120% for using 3 charges?
    That would be worthwhile. I could spend 2 hours at like 280% total (7) charges for grinding ~ suits a casual player

Still not really enough incentive to subscribe, however. I would expect like 200~300 percent buff as the rep grind is horrible for a casual player or at the very least a fixed 100% /xp / infinity stone / dungeon token / rep bonus while subscribing or something.

The trainers are pretty useless.

I will probably do a once off buy from the cash-shop and buy all 9 prof's on one character however and maybe an additional 4 or so roles for a total of 10.

I like the general cash-shop model, but... for me, personally, subscribing looks to be a waste of time in it's present state and I won't be resubscribing unless they bump it significantly for casual players ~ which is what I assumed the sub catered towards.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-05-31 at 04:13 PM.

That stuff isn't worth jack unless you are leveling an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That stuff isn't worth jack unless you are leveling an alt.
    Or are farming prestige/favor. Or if you want to level PA.

What is Patron's Token exactly?

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What is Patron's Token exactly?

Hmmm.
    I was under the impression that it increased the IS, FES and other marks (or tokens) you received. But I'm probably just high and making shit up.

This only counts for people with current subs or people who keep a sub model after it goes f2p?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    This only counts for people with current subs or people who keep a sub model after it goes f2p?
    After F2P. People with former subs are getting one tmie compensation in Loyalty and unnanounced credits.

Additionally it's available to buy in as low as weekly increments, so don't think of it like a sbuscription and think of it like a new creation. It's basically a non permanent VIP status that you can buy for as long as you want.
    BAD WOLF

Interesting, i redid my sub after i got SL for free, so I will have it through when it goes f2p. Hope this game will give me what I have been looking for as that other MMO as just fallen short.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    After F2P. People with former subs are getting one tmie compensation in Loyalty and unnanounced credits.

Additionally it's available to buy in as low as weekly increments, so don't think of it like a sbuscription and think of it like a new creation. It's basically a non permanent VIP status that you can buy for as long as you want.

Yeah I don't think the patron bonuses are worth subscribing long term but I do think you will see people buying short term passes. Since it would probably be better for your wallet then individually buying the buffs from the cash shop. I don't think Trion really cares if a lot of people subscribe long term. I think they think that cash shop purchases will be enough. It maybe it may not be if its not then we may see Trion put a little more into patron status.

Short term passes seem to be what Trion wants to push for the Patronage thing. In the live video they suggested as much and seemed quite alright with players taking up patronage for short periods of time.

I do think the bonus to raid marks will likely be a "must have" for serious minded raiders.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-06-01 at 03:06 AM.

Oh well then, might have to look into the small time patron thing instead of the sub option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    I was under the impression that it increased the IS, FES and other marks (or tokens) you received. But I'm probably just high and making shit up.
    it IS an increase to tokens gains, but will not affect the top tier token (in this case, FES)
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    it IS an increase to tokens gains, but will not affect the top tier token (in this case, FES)
    So then what's Fencers referring to? Is that just a perk (akin to guild perks) for being a patron?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    So then what's Fencers referring to? Is that just a perk (akin to guild perks) for being a patron?
    The item in the picture with the same name. It's the only thing not logically connected to anything currently in the game. So it's a mystery boost/currency.
    BAD WOLF