Deleted

scatter and freeze trap

i see hunters in duels cast scatter shot then instantly launch a freeze traap,

is this a macro if so what is it as all i have found is old codes that dnt work on google

It could just be server lag, it takes even a skilled player at least a good second to get a trap lined up, although, there is probably some exceptions.
    if it is literally instant, like no GCD, then i'm not sure. last i checked freezing trap and scatter both triggered gcd.

Changed the thread title to accommodate for the slight error (to avoid posts going off topic because of that).

I'd just say they are really skilled with their keybinds. I do it all the time in quick succession.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    I have my scatter bound to S and focus modified to shift. Then my freezing trap is bound to scroll down and rest of the traps on various modifiers.
    Having your traps bound to your mouse allows you to quickly put up traps, you should try it.

edit; you should have a spamable trap macro.
    /cast !freezing trap

I would post my complete macro but I'm at work posting from phone. If you want to I'll paste it in when I get home but that's atleast 10hours from now.
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2013-04-19 at 05:51 AM.

Probably just the graphics are lagging behind. The command always reaches the server first, graphics come after.

practice makes perfect is all it really is. you cant make a 1 button macro to do what you want, otherwise it would be a must have for all hunters in pvp. practice your scatter traps on dummies and bg's until you get it down and are quick with it. its alot like preflaring a rogue before they vanish, timing and practice

also pet blind -> trap (and it is possible to make a 1 button pet utility/trap spam. though you have to factor in the cast time if using a monkey), intimidation -> trap, and binding shot -> trap are all useful combo's as well.

i would however make a spammable trap button like stated above (/cast !freezing trap). will keep your scatter traps to 2 buttons and gcd's.
    Last edited by Djaye; 2013-04-19 at 07:43 AM.

how about a macro like this
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists][mod:shift,@focus][]web wrap
    /cast !freezing trap
    or

Code:
    /castsequence [@mouseover,exists][mod:shift,@focus][] reset=20 scatter shot, !freezing trap;

i think i'll try these ^.^

edit:
    added mouseover to the macros - thanks to Djaye
    Last edited by Flaim; 2013-04-19 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    how about a macro like this
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]web wrap
    /cast !freezing trap
    or

Code:
    /castsequence [mod:shift,@focus][] reset=20 scatter shot, !freezing trap;

i think i'll try these ^.^
    the first one is great for a pet util/trap spam macro

i used the second one before and found a mouseover macro worked better for me, since you need to place the trap on target anyway. if you're looking for FAST scatter traps, you need to have mouse over target in prep for trap before you even scatter.
    the second could work very well, but limits ur trap usage to only be paired with scatter. which can severely cut back the utility of the trap (like placing at pillar corners, or placing at feet to counter melee).
    I keep it 2 separate buttons for those reasons. but, do use the first macro with my monkey. cast finishes just as i find a good spot to shoot trap and no dr on trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the first one is great for a pet util/trap spam macro

i used the second one before and found a mouseover macro worked better for me, since you need to place the trap on target anyway. if you're looking for FAST scatter traps, you need to have mouse over target in prep for trap before you even scatter.
    the second could work very well, but limits ur trap usage to only be paired with scatter. which can severely cut back the utility of the trap (like placing at pillar corners, or placing at feet to counter melee).
    I keep it 2 separate buttons for those reasons. but, do use the first macro with my monkey. cast finishes just as i find a good spot to shoot trap and no dr on trap!
    i didn't mean to fully replace the standalone trap, as there are severaly occasions when you could follow up a mates cc with it. it should just be a "short cut" for trapping on your own.