Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but I find that story annecdotal at best, I have 2 characters on a PvE server and it was very rare indeed that I would come across other flagged players even when flagged myself, I don't think a PvE server fits the type of environment I was describing, cool that you had that moment though
    You aren't being rude. Its 100% anecdotal. But thats really the only thing anyone CAN say in a thread like this. anecdotes. You say you don't see much wpvp on PVE servers, I say it happened all the time. I literally level 3 toons on a pve server and ALWAYS had myself flagged.

It does fit what you described. It easily could fit the OPs mindset. She could wpvp when she felt like by typing /pvp. It might take a bit of work to get it going, since the mindset of pve server = no pvp. But like I said, it DOES happen. If you just feel like questing, just turn it off and wait the 5 or 15 minutes or whatever it is noadays for your pvp flag to go away. Wanna start some wpvp? Flag yourself and go fight some NPCS or something. It will get attention.

Why? Because it's world PvP. When someone starts ganking a lower level player, it leads to the victim calling out his guild, and once the victims's guild whoops the Ganker's butt, he calls in his guild. Within minutes there's sometimes a full-blown battle going on there. If you made it impossible to attack lower level players, it would hinder World PvP to the point where you may only see it commonly in Pandaria. Ganking is a needed factor in the start of World PvP.

This also creates a faction pride. It makes you feel like the other faction is the "evil" team and it makes the game much more interesting. Which is also why I'm against the removal of the language barrier, that sort of tension makes the game very fun and intense on a PvP server.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2013-04-20 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You aren't being rude. Its 100% anecdotal. But thats really the only thing anyone CAN say in a thread like this. anecdotes. You say you don't see much wpvp on PVE servers, I say it happened all the time. I literally level 3 toons on a pve server and ALWAYS had myself flagged.

It does fit what you described. It easily could fit the OPs mindset. She could wpvp when she felt like by typing /pvp. It might take a bit of work to get it going, since the mindset of pve server = no pvp. But like I said, it DOES happen. If you just feel like questing, just turn it off and wait the 5 or 15 minutes or whatever it is noadays for your pvp flag to go away. Wanna start some wpvp? Flag yourself and go fight some NPCS or something. It will get attention.
    It does indeed, I get annoyed when Local Defense spams me (on my PvE server at least). Some L90 DK was killing low levels and NPCs at the Dark Portal when I was levelling my Pally, so I logged my DK and made him log out. Order was restored, and the back-pedalling Male Blood Elf was deleted.

Well, one can hope...

Deleted

Glad you weren't offended, it's too easy to upset people on the internet when you have conflicting views :P

I suppose your right in one sense, it is possible to do on a PvE server, I think going to a PvE server looking for a particular kind of PvP might not be as efficient as a scenario where there were a different kind of server though, and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying blizz will ever add a new type of server, it was mere speculation

Enjoy getting ganked? No. What it sounds like is that you want to do the pvp entirely on your own though OP: you don't ask guildies or people in the zone for help, nor do you switch toons to your own 90 for some sweet, sweet revenge.

All the need to do is set up a system like they implemented in battlegrounds, where your effective level and item level are scaled to the maximum for a specific zone. For example, if you are in Arathi Highlands, your gear and effective level would be set to 30-35, a higher level character would still retain some advantage, due to a flying mount and a full arsenal of spells however, this would still allow lower levels to at least try to defend themselves.

I played on a pvp server to kill anything with a red name, if they flagged at level 1, they were fair game. Compelling world pvp ended with battlegrounds and arena...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i know why is exists, because blizzard is living in this fantasy dream-WoW where everything is like it was during Vanilla-BC where lowbies could defend themselves against higher leveled players

as we all know (deep down inside), lvling is already a painful grind and being ganked by scum (mostly from a different server) just makes it even more painful and arduous

in short, its outdated and only used by bad pvpers who need to restoke their e-Peen after getting their ass handed to them by a similar lvl player

EDIT: "Wars" dont happen anymore, they're a thing of the past, you can never get to exact retribution because gankers just fly away to a different zone only to be replaced by another idiot
    Pretty much the only great post in this thread IMO. Other MMOs get it right and punish the baddie high levels for being bad and not sticking to their tier level of pvp. Like I said before. Only bad players support Blizzard's inept pvp system. And yes, I play on a pvp server and only fight level 90s (anything else is a waste of time and effort).

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    I played on a pvp server to kill anything with a red name, if they flagged at level 1, they were fair game. Compelling world pvp ended with battlegrounds and arena...
    Compelling world pvp ended with Blizzards lack of creativity towards making and supporting new systems that would refine and keep things relevant. Warhammer, Aion, Tera, and hell, even GW2's fake world pvp systems are all better examples.

Frankly on top of everything else already mentioned it would make no sense for you to be magically unable to attack people of certain level. This would also set up an unfair advantage for the low level characters that could be used to bypass practically all PvP competition, or even potentially be used for griefing purposes.

World PvP is almost exclusively unfair in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I have never met anyone that enjoys getting ganked
    Hello, my name is Keoren. The danger is a part of the PvP realm experience to me.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    lowbie killing may be the most real-life like aspect of game...Powerful peeps pawnin the poor and weak, happens every day all across the globe.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Just gonna leave this here, for anyone who wants to reply on the official forums. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11172?page=1#0

Its posssible because enough people are fine with it happening. if no one rolled PVP servers, Blizzard would change something, or just not use those types of servers anymore. If you don't like it, leave, instead of trying to take away a mechanic for everyone else. You CAN world PVP on PVE servers. I believe the command is /pvp.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 09:47 PM ----------

If this were true, PVP servers wouldn't exist.
    PVP servers did not exist till the cross realm. All pvp servers had the best progression for pve. Crossrealm opened a can of worm, evantually we gonna see the people migrate to pve server. Blizzard is waiting on that for the price of transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    PVP servers did not exist till the cross realm. All pvp servers had the best progression for pve. Crossrealm opened a can of worm, evantually we gonna see the people migrate to pve server. Blizzard is waiting on that for the price of transfer.
    PvP servers have existed since WoW was released, except until the allowance of flying mounts in Azeroth and therefore ease of travel between zones, most PvP was done near major cities or easy to access areas. Examples include Tarren Mill/Southshore and The Crossroads. meaning those players with fond memories of PvP in the open world are in essence remembering unscripted battlegrounds since battles always took place in the same areas.

Higher level players have more hp and dps.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Just gonna leave this here, for anyone who wants to reply on the official forums. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11172?page=1#0
    I think the game you're looking for is gw2.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Order vs Chaos baby, UO4LIFE!
    (Pre trammel garbage)

Wish WoW would do something like perma red, and let you kill your own faction as well. Make a real PVP server where there's no distinction in terms of who can attack whom.

That would kick some ass. Gurubashi/Darkmoon arena everywhere, mad guards in towns, it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    PvP servers have existed since WoW was released, except until the allowance of flying mounts in Azeroth and therefore ease of travel between zones, most PvP was done near major cities or easy to access areas. Examples include Tarren Mill/Southshore and The Crossroads. meaning those players with fond memories of PvP in the open world are in essence remembering unscripted battlegrounds since battles always took place in the same areas.
    Yeah, and they were always unbalanced, because world PvP is always unbalanced. People remember the "good times" but it was usually just one good time mixed in with a whole bunch of "other" times.

Part of the game, life goes on.. it's happened to all (or at least most) of us at some point.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

All that really needs to happen to alleviate it (but not remove it entirely) is per zone level and stat scaling.

Really though, both sides of the argument are at fault. On one hand, PvP death is completely and utterly meaningless in this game, and there's absolutely nothing at risk, especially in the world PvP sense, so it's rather pointless to complain about when you get outnumbered or out-leveled. On the other hand, the no-skillers who gank have an excuse list a mile long, and never deviate from it.

*shrug*

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always think what would Garrosh do and kill them.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    Yes, there is a Blizzard rules that allows that. That is what a PvP server is. Killing any player people want to, risking getting killed at any time. Blizzard have posted about this a vast number of times, and it comes down to if you do not like the rules, roll/move to a PvE server, the will n ot change the rules and complaining about this makes no difference.