Deleted

Boomkin trinket question

If im not wrong wowhead.com/item=96558/unerring-vision-of-lei-shen, is considered the BiS trinket for boomkins, i just have a few questions about it would it compensate pushing Celestial Alignment during incarnation if we haven't finished the lunar eclipse in case the trinket procs?, also on a single target fight with the dots from trinket proc on, we will have 60% to get a starsurge proc should we wait for the proc to come , or continue hardcasting spells, if not and we are unlucky with procs what should we do, between those gaps

Deleted
    I don't think you should pop celestial alignment early just because the trinket proccs, pop it like you normally do but don't refresh your DoT's until the Crit-ones fall off or Celestial alignment is about to drop.

I'm not sure what's best regarding the 2nd question, but I usually hardcast new spells and stop-cast if the proc comes right after I started hardcasting. I'm not sure what's best though.

I honestly don't care at all for that trinket and would much rather sit on Woloshey (whatever the council trinket is) and the magaera trinket. One thing I think is that if you focus too much on trying to figure out the proc of the trinket and work around it will be bad for you. Tunneling around something that isnt even a mechanic of a boss fight could hinder your performance. If anything, continue doing what you do like normal and just hope that the proc spawns at the right time instead of (something in my case) right after you pop your cd's, then dots, then starfall and have the buff gone by the time you hardcast..

edit: came across this thread while commenting on the wow forums. I would suggest giving the first half of the front page of it a read (the rest after is just banter over spells regarding that)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8690729278
    Last edited by Captain Gir; 2013-04-24 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a multi target fight (council, maegara, horridon etc) if incarnation is already up and UVLS procs, it IS a HUGE boost to insta pop CA and get 3-4 (double) DOTs up.

You should also be using a stop casting macro before your starsurge so if you're hard casting (wrath more so than starfire) and you get a shooting stars proc early into the cast, it can be cancelled and a starsurge cast instead.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    I honestly don't care at all for that trinket and would much rather sit on Woloshey (whatever the council trinket is) and the magaera trinket. One thing I think is that if you focus too much on trying to figure out the proc of the trinket and work around it will be bad for you. Tunneling around something that isnt even a mechanic of a boss fight could hinder your performance. If anything, continue doing what you do like normal and just hope that the proc spawns at the right time instead of (something in my case) right after you pop your cd's, then dots, then starfall and have the buff gone by the time you hardcast..

edit: came across this thread while commenting on the wow forums. I would suggest giving the first half of the front page of it a read (the rest after is just banter over spells regarding that)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8690729278
    lol first you missed our actual BiS trinket, wich is the crit one from Dark animus, and second, the math has been done correctly UVLS is the better trinket if you use it correctly. Please stop spreading misinformed information and linking to a thread where some random boomkins share their 'thoughts' about what is best.
    You can try to devalue the trinket when saying when you cant cast (Not sure why you would not be able to dot ever) but the same counts for all trinkets. If you can't cast during the last 7 seconds of the council trinket, you wasted it completely. You don't need the buff when you hard cast whatsoever, just proc > dot, it's impossible to mess up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    lol first you missed our actual BiS trinket, wich is the crit one from Dark animus, and second, the math has been done correctly UVLS is the better trinket if you use it correctly. Please stop spreading misinformed information and linking to a thread where some random boomkins share their 'thoughts' about what is best.
    You can try to devalue the trinket when saying when you cant cast (Not sure why you would not be able to dot ever) but the same counts for all trinkets. If you can't cast during the last 7 seconds of the council trinket, you wasted it completely. You don't need the buff when you hard cast whatsoever, just proc > dot, it's impossible to mess up.
    Strictly speaking some theorize Cha-Ye and Breath to be BIS now (or atleast in 5.3). UVLS is an amazing trinket, but very situational. It can be a pleasure or a burden to play with. I personally enjoy it though; as it adds that little bit more excitement into a rotation which playing day in day out does become rather stale (despite being one of the better specs to play).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Speaking about trinket. I bought VP trinket yesterday (Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault). Should I refresh my Dots when it procs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Speaking about trinket. I bought VP trinket yesterday (Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault). Should I refresh my Dots when it procs?
    No, you should not.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    No, you should not.
    And still it is considered a strong trinket (at least before I can get my hands on the ToT ones)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    And still it is considered a strong trinket (at least before I can get my hands on the ToT ones)?
    I think it's very strong, yeah, and I just recently replaced it with UVLS. I however think Raidfinder version of Che'ye and Hydra are better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try and refresh dots before it ends (a second or two early / late) but dont bother refreshing is NG is down, not in eclipse etc..

Ie if you enter solar and both dots have 5 seconds remaining, but the trinket has 3 seconds remaining. Clip the previous dots to put 2 up with the trinket proc.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,