Poll: Do you own/how many guns?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    Dont have , dont need. fucking rebuplicans....
    Luckily in America, you are perfectly within your rights not to have one; just a shame that the other side of the political coin isn't happy with such a voluntary arrangement, and seeks not only to own none themselves, but also prevent others from owning them also.

62% own none? So if someone breaks into your house you just let them have their way with you? Hope the people with none dont have families or anyone else to protect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Not the No.4, but the UK did indeed supply US units with rifles, this is because the Enfield was far superior to the 1903 and the USA did not want to be at a disadvantage.
    You better watch yourself limey...

Lol I still get a chuckle when I think about the whole post WWII situation with you guys wanting an intermediate round, us bullying you into 7.62 and then going to 5.56 during Nam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    Dont have , dont need. fucking rebuplicans....
    I hear criminals wont rob or kill you if you are a democrat...oh wait it doesnt work like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    62% own none? So if someone breaks into your house you just let them have their way with you? Hope the people with none dont have families or anyone else to protect.
    Lots of EU traffic on this site.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    62% own none? So if someone breaks into your house you just let them have their way with you?
    Well home invasions are rare in Europe, if someone breaks in it is to steal your stuff not to murder you and rape your dog. Often they flee at the first sign that they have been spotted.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    You better watch yourself limey...

Lol I still get a chuckle when I think about the whole post WWII situation with you guys wanting an intermediate round, us bullying you into 7.62 and then going to 5.56 during Nam.
    Yeah, nowadays they are moving towards the 6.8mm round which the Brits advocated back in the 1950's......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EM-2_rifle

Bloody yanks.....mutter, mutter, grumble.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Six that I can think of, although it's possible I've forgotten one.

Rifles: a .22, some British WWI rifle, an Accuracy International
    Handgun: a revolver, a 9mm glock (with .22 conversion kit), a 1911

My spouse is a big gun nerd. Not in the crazy gun wacko sense, but a literal nerd for learning about them. We both enjoy going to the shooting range but SO also does competitive shooting matches (well - did; ammo too costly the last few years). They are not for home defense nor for hunting, they are used entirely for target shooting.

We are big on safety, all are unloaded in locked safe that no one has access but the two of us, and we have locked cases for transportation to and from the ranges. I don't particularly care to be associated with reckless and/or crazy people that many people think of when they think of people who own firearms.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I've seen a few comments in this thread and others stating guns are basically a way to take back power from an abusive government if it ever came to that. Just a thought are the people saying that crazy, they do realise that when the founding fathers in America put forward the right to bare arms they lived in an era when an armed populace could rise up and quite easily overthrow a government. Personally I'd really like to know how they think a mob with assault rifles can take downs, tanks, planes, drones, missiles and not to mention chemical/biological/nuclear weapons. Really just be honest about why you want a gun don't bring along weak justifications to make your point.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, nowadays they are moving towards the 6.8mm round which the Brits advocated back in the 1950's......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EM-2_rifle

Bloody yanks.....mutter, mutter, grumble.....
    6.8? Hmmm, we'll have to do something about that. I'm gonna lol when we bully you into using .300 blackout or something instead.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an old krag rifle from my grandfather (heirloom) Only 2 ways this gun is leaving my possession, me being dead or passing it down to the next generation.
    30.30 rifle for hunting deer.
    .22 rifle for target/small game.
    and 2 shotguns for small game

Deleted
    I live in the UK so I don't own any firearms (Although It would be nice considering the fucking state of this shit-world country.)

Anybody on my property threatening my family would be stabbed/eviscerated.

I own a semi-automatic AK-47. It's the only gun I own. It's currently in a gun case in my closet with a padlock through the loading mechanism (in other words, without the key, you cannot currently load ammunition into it, let alone fire it). There are no children in my house.

I have fired my AK on about 4 separate occasions. I practice safety when doing so (keeping it unloaded during transport, not trusting the safety to be 100% effective, keeping my finger off the trigger when not shooting and never pointing it at anything I don't intend to shoot). I don't intend to ever hunt with it, as I abhor the idea of killing living beings. I sincerely hope that I never have to use my AK against a human being.

I would like to get a shotgun, as it is far superior when it comes to protecting a household (and it's a lot of fun to shoot clay traps with them).

I'd like to think that I am pretty much near the average for gun owners. That is to say, responsible.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    6.8? Hmmm, we'll have to do something about that. I'm gonna lol when we bully you into using .300 blackout or something instead.
    Fine, but when Britain invents Bolters you lot can go sit in the naughty corner and miss the fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    I've seen a few comments in this thread and others stating guns are basically a way to take back power from an abusive government if it ever came to that. Just a thought are the people saying that crazy, they do realise that when the founding fathers in America put forward the right to bare arms they lived in an era when an armed populace could rise up and quite easily overthrow a government. Personally I'd really like to know how they think a mob with assault rifles can take downs, tanks, planes, drones, missiles and not to mention chemical/biological/nuclear weapons. Really just be honest about why you want a gun don't bring along weak justifications to make your point.
    Can't beat dem drones man...

Deleted
    This just in; you need seven shotguns, three rifles and a dozen handguns to fend off a burglar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I live in the UK so I don't own any firearms (Although It would be nice considering the fucking state of this shit-world country.)

Anybody on my property threatening my family would be stabbed/eviscerated.
    Yeah, thats why they won't give you a firearms licence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Because not all of the military would be on the government's side, logically us having our own weapons would let us supplement the armed forces that side with us.

Also, the argument that we will more than likely lose, so we should just bend over and take it if it ever happens is just stupid.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine, but when Britain invents Bolters you lot can go sit in the naughty corner and miss the fun.
    Pffft, we already got da lazorz and railguns.

Deleted
    Yeah, thats why they won't give you a firearms licence.
    And you're absolutely correct.

Believe me, I'm not a nasty person. It's the people that we're surrounded by, it's gotten so bad in this area - sorta west of London. England is in such a state at the moment, I'm considering moving abroad. I've not felt safe here for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    And you're absolutely correct.

Believe me, I'm not a nasty person. It's the people that we're surrounded by, it's gotten so bad in this area - sorta west of London. England is in such a state at the moment, I'm considering moving abroad. I've not felt safe here for years.
    Jump across the pond, you can eviscerate to your little heart's content.