Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Took about 15 attempts last week, though only 7 stacks of Determination 'cuz our first tank was half retarded and kept using the lock portals to pull, getting destroyed before healers could even reach him.

Today we took him down on the second try. Again, we wiped once due to an idiot tank that decided he would tank the boss on the overloaded platform (AFTER the transition).

Last week... 5 for my Main, 4 for my Alt. This week was 3 for my main, not done my alt yet. The fight is easy, IF you can follow mechanics.

Stack on Overcharge, stack on Static Shock, stand on Bouncing Bolt swirls. That is about the jist of what needs to be done.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-04-24 at 11:13 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    I've tried this fight 2 times (every time I queue for that wing, never Qon or the Consorts, always parked at bloody Lei Shen *grumble grumble*) & both times it was a massacre.

Not touching it again for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i one shot is on one player as i said before. Just tried to do it on my rogue. After 7 wipes they still would not fucking do what i told them. I had set groups and healers for the 2nd phase for each section and everything and people didn't even bother to look which group they were in. Ended up with 10+ on one marker and 1/2 on another. After 7 wipes I demarked everyone messed the groups up and left. If they did what i said to do they would have one shot it but no they didn't want to even look which group they were in so fuck them.

I may not raid anymore or even run a guild but i still know how to lead a god dam raid team if they do what i ask them to. /rant over
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-04-24 at 11:37 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So i one shot is on one player as i said before. Just tried to do it on my rogue. After 7 wipes they still would not fucking do what i told them. I had set groups and healers for the 2nd phase for each section and everything and people didn't even bother to look which group they were in. Ended up with 10+ on one marker and 1/2 on another. After 7 wipes I demarked everyone messed the groups up and left. If they did what i said to do they would have one shot it but no they didn't want to even look which group they were in so fuck them.

I may not raid anymore or even run a guild but i still know how to lead a god dam raid team if they do what i ask them to. /rant over
    Your first paragraph and last statement do not agree with one another whatsoever. Can't lead if people don't to follow you. Maybe you should drink your own cool-aid before you ask others to first.

None. Still haven't done any Isle of Thunder LFR, probably won't. Don't want to be the guy who doesn't know the fight and dies and I also don't feel like watching fights on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Your first paragraph and last statement do not agree with one another whatsoever. Can't lead if people don't to follow you. Maybe you should drink your own cool-aid before you ask others to first.
    Maybe you should learn how to communicate before you start typing out unintelligible shit. I mean, maybe you should scramble your own eggs before you ask others to first.
    Last edited by LeginNoslen; 2013-04-24 at 11:48 AM.

My LFR experience last week went as follows:

Queue solo as Tank/DPS (DK 505 ilvl) and have a 15 min wait.

One shot Iron Qon and Twins.

Straight away about 10 people leave group including the other tank. Spend about 10 mins wiping on the trash before lei shen because people kept standing in the bad or attacking the shield when it was up. Then some smarty decided to tell everyone to skip trash and just run to the boss. The last two adds then killed clothies trying to get across. Another 3 people leave cause they couldn't get to the boss. Wait for raid the raid to fill up with the last 2 healer spots.

Other tank whispers me "hey what do i do?". My response was "really?". I then got abused and called an elitist for my one word retort and told to get off my high horse. I informed the raid that the other tank had no clue what to do and then posted a link to a short guide 5 min guide vid and said if you don't know the fight watch that video now. It'll save 24 other people an hour of wipes. I then spent 5 mins writing wall of text slabs explaining various mechanics.

We pull, nobody stands in swirlies and we get over run by adds and wipe. The other tank leaves.

We then spent about 20 mins waiting for 1 tank. First thing he does when he joins the group - whispers me "what's this boss do?"..... Spent anotehr 5 mins explaing the fight. We pull and get over run by adds. Few people leave. wait for the raid to fill up. Pull again, wipe again due to people still not being able to stand in the swirlies. Tank leaves as well as another 5.

This went on for the next half hour, other tank left, long waits on a new tank. We finally we got a druid tank who stuck with the group for a few attempts and we got a kill.

7 Wipes and 1 hour and 40 minutes to kill LFR Lei Shen.

Needless to say - this week we queued LFR with a premade group of about 20 guildies (2 tanks, 4 heals, rest dps) and did all ToT LFRs in order in one sitting to make it quick and alleviate everyone's painful memories of the previous week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Needless to say - this week we queued LFR with a premade group of about 20 guildies (2 tanks, 4 heals, rest dps) and did all ToT LFRs in order in one sitting to make it quick and alleviate everyone's painful memories of the previous week.
    I normally do with with some friends from another guild. Missed it this week. Regret doing that.
    Aye mate

Just once, killed him the 2nd time.

Oh god it was horrible this week. After twins and before lei-shen trash literally 15 people just left the raid including both tanks and most healers. Crazy. I don't appreciate blizzard feeling they can get away with overtuning an end of tier LFR boss because of the insanely OP determination buff. No blizzard it does not feel epic or challenging, it feels like an overtuned waste of time that gives off the illusion of making progress because eventually people have 50% more health, healing and damage!!

Fight isn't overtuned and can be easily solo tanked (before determination), all the horror stories of "1 retarded tank" generally mean that both tanks were bad.

Deleted
    after spending close to 3 hrs on the last 3 LFR bosses, i was past caring how many times we wiped. i just wanted the bloody thing done lol

the boss isnt hard at all i really like the fact that hewont just sit there and die for you to collect loot..the other LFRs you litterally had afkers who didnt care.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On Sunday I joined a group that had a determination stack at 3. It was a mess. Half the raid was sitting at the boss, while newcomers kept dying to the trash at the top of the stairs, and people were just leaving left, right and center. Eventually someone pulled with only about 20 people at the boss, and it was a quick wipe. 5 minutes later I was the only person still in the group, so I decided to abandon the idea.

On Monday I joined a group also at Lei Shen already, with a determination stack of 4. We killed the boss on the first attempt I was present with about 7 or 8 fatalities at the end. So it was pretty painless

I requeued afterwards to do Iron Quon and the twins. Wiped once on the twins.

I guess there is a bit of luck involved regarding who you get grouped with, but in general I have found the LFR groups I have been in to consist of mostly decent people who mostly have a decent idea of how to play.

Funnily enough, the only unpleasantness at all this week was the guy who started ranting at the "noob tank who should have known the fight before queuing for LFR" after our wipe at the twins. The guy kept pestering the raid to kick the tank. So we kicked him instead :P. Our other tank spent 2 minutes explaining the fight to the first tank, and it was followed by a successful kill.

I suspect the complaining dps who we kicked went to the forums to complain about the "terrible" WoW community...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For years raiding has taught us to not stand in shit on the ground. Now Blizzard design fights were you have to stand in shit to prevent wipes. It is not suprising that Lei Shen is causing so many problems in LFR.

Deleted
    Once, the raid wiped on 1 %. Next attempt was no trouble at all.

Last week had a 6 stack to kill on my rogue, got to 8 wipes before running out of time and having to leave on my monk. Have not gotten to it yet this week.

None. Also none last week. Then, I usually go with a guildie group of 10+ people.

Like 7 first week. Last week 3-4. I expect that number to go down this week.