Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Nightblade soul from Rift.

Infracted: spam.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-28 at 10:57 AM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As much as I personally don't care about ever having a 4th spec and think that it's kind of a ridiculous idea, you'd have to be daft to assume it wont happen. There's been countless threads about it on the official forums and each one is gaining a shocking amount of momentum. One of which was a poll as to whether the playerbase would want a 4th spec or another race/class for the next xpac. 4th spec won over the other two by a landslide.

On the topic, I was going to essentially add what checkingfacts added a few posts up, but his ended up being much better than what I had in mind. Just refer to that.
    You and checkingfacts are infact more then likely correct. Blizzard has in the past told the player base no about something only to later recant and introduce said request as a new feature.. Cases in point

1. Flying... specificly flying outside outlands which was asked for during BC and blizz promptly said no.. then the next xpac gave us flying in northrend.. then the xpac after gave us flying all over Azeroth. And while some will mostly likely say that this was planned all along.. its still a example of things the player wanted that blizz said wasn't gonna happen initally.

2. Gear modification.. which this request dates back to the days of classic.. and every time it was asked for blizz said not a chance.. it would ruin the work of the gear art to allow players to modify colors etc.. And while we still can't Dye our own armor.. we can modify current armor to pretty much look like any classic/older piece of gear we want. Stat swapping goes along with this as well.

3. Multispec... this one i am iffy on only because i know it was asked for i just can't remember if it was during classic or BC. But blizzard said that while they understood the pain it was to switch speccs... the cash it cost... the rearranging of hotbars etc.. their inital attempt to quell this complaint was to modify the cost of spec switching.

4. Allowing pvpers to make a opposit faction toon on the same pvp server. This one was mainly denied due to grieffing etc that was thought would result from allowing it to happen or so i understood i could be wrong .. yet here we are.. On top of this.. allowing a fully leveled toon on a [pve] server to transfer to a pvp server. This never happened in classic or BC , hell i don't even think it was around during Wotlk. i could be wrong. The only server transfers happening on a pvp server in the past was from said server to another pvp server or carebear server.

While im not bashing blizzard by any means these are just examples of player requests that were intially denied or met with hesitation by blizz. They are all about gimmicks.. and there are quite a few ideas that players want that still could show up if blizz can do them right.

Player housing/guild housing
    Quadspecs with trispecing to go along with it.
    New specing roles for the classes... ie a tanking rogue.. and meleeing priest... tho like others in this thread i think blizz will have a nightmare on their hands with this one.
    These are just ideas i got off the top of my head .. im sure there are plenty more ideas out their... hell theres the idea of a classic server as outlandish and pretty much unrealistic as it sounds to me.

Please avoid posting euphemisms that are likely to offend and derail a thread. Just snipped it - Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-29 at 08:25 AM.

Archer/Bowman or something like that sounds like it could be intriguing. And don't call it a hunter, please. A Ret Paladin is not a Warrior or a DK just because they all can make use of strength two handed weapons.

Where the rogue is a killer and a stealthy one at that, through history archers has also shown some of the same qualities. Guns would probably go against this idea, and crossbows would be in the grey area. The key is it has to be agile, and that is what a bow is.

I'd love to see us have a Tank Spec so we can finally fill a new role other than stabby stab stab. Quite frankly I think Combat should be revamped to be a tank spec. Increase our health pool in that spec, keep Evasion and Combat Readiness as our big cooldowns, and add back something like the old version of Ghostly Strike and/or Riposte as well. All of these abilities would be perfect. Make our fundamental stats be Agility, Dodge, and Parry. To make it really work that way they would probably need to revamp how parry's work and allow for Partial Parrys, or add back Leather Specialization so that we don't take insane damage while tanking.

Really combat lends itself perfectly to a tanking spec.. Even blade flurry is useful as a multi-target tanking ability. If they were going to add a 4th spec, I could care less what it was as long as one of the four became a tank spec.

I want a tanking spec. Combat could be a tanking spec as is with just a taunt, Vengeance, and a threat+mitigation passive. A more interesting 4th spec would be preferable though; some rogues probably wouldn't want to lose Combat as a DPS spec and it would be nearly impossible to balance it for DPS and tanking (e.g. Feral Druids and DKs). You could call it Swashbuckler or Brawler or Fighter or something more esoteric.

Here's some tank utility they could add:

Quick Tongue
    30yd range
    8s cooldown
    Insults the target, causing it to attack you. Has no effect if target is already attacking you.
    (Taunt)

Grappling Hook
    20yd range
    45s cooldown
    Attaches a hook to the target that stuns and drags the target towards you over 2 seconds. Activating the ability again while the hook is attached instantly pulls you to the target and stuns enemies within 8yds for 5s.
    (basically Thresh's Q, if any of you play LoL)

Flash Bang
    20yd range
    20s cooldown
    Disorients enemies within 8yds of the target for 3s and reduces affected enemies' chance to hit by 50% for 5s.

Shadow Clones
    3m cooldown
    Vanish from sight for 3s and create 5 Shadow Clones that last 20s. Shadow Clones taunt nearby enemies and explode upon death or expiration. Replaces Vanish.

I'm thinking about how the actual rotation would work under the new active mitigation model. Something that generates Recuperate charges and then allows you to consume them for an instant heal and damage reduction would be nice. I'll think about it some more and maybe write some more later.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-04-29 at 10:08 PM.

Before any new specs can be made, getting the previous ones working should be Blizzards priority. Rogues only really have one viable PvE spec and one viable PvP spec. Rogues in general where in a decent area during and near the end of Dragon Soul (Legionaries or not). All three specs where viable for raiding, though lacking as there was really only one spec that was good for PvP (Sub).

As for Rogue tanks. While it was done back in BC. Rogues actively tanking isn't something I'm a fan off. Having the Druid given ability of Growl is good, in an emergency situation if a tank dies or as a hard CD in PvP. But becoming a fully fledged tank isn't something I see rogues as a class doing. Rogues in a lore sense never go toe to toe with an enemy if they can avoid it. We're just not built that way, nor do we fight that way.

I just can't really see a new spec given to rogues. If there is though, I'd rather go for a throwing based spec. Something that is like Katarina from LOL. A master of throwing Shurikens, and knives that focus keeping the enemy at bay until you go for your killing move.

However, I doubt we'll see any major changes to rogues anytime soon as we're in a 'good' position. We have a high damaging PvE spec and a rather good PvP spec. There are other classes with greater issues then rogues at this time, meaning that blizzard will be tied up trying to sort those before rogues even get looked at again.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Quick Tongue
    30yd range
    8s cooldown
    Insults the target, causing it to attack you. Has no effect if target is already attacking you.
    I think if you're gonna give rogues a taunt, it should be Spit, with /spit built-in.

Nothing's more aggravating than somebody /spitting on you.

OT; I'd like to see a ranged spec which uses crossbows.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Getting something like gunslinger akin to our friend in SFK would be awesome...

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were to add a 4th spec (agreed would be fun but unlikely) I'd love to see a spec where Rogues use a 2 hand weapon.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues, Mages, and Hunters need a re-work similar to the Warlock re-build.

Split current Asn between Sub and Combat. Redesign Asn to be ranged stealth (Scout?)
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Healing. Rogues should sap and stab people back to life.
    We already had Bandage-spec rogues in Vanilla; Blizzard nerfed them.

Rogues are rogues. What more do you want them to do? They stealth, they stab people in the back, and for some reason, that already takes three whole specs. Rogues are the one class I think should only have ONE spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Throwing dagger spec.

maybe a spec that doesn't use combo points. perhaps a spec that uses something like a shadow resource that builds up while using certain abilities. your character slowly turns into a silhouette as the resource is generated over time. once the resource has capped, it is switched with your energy and your abilities are turned into a darker/shadowy version of themselves. while using the shadow resource, you gain some type of benefit (perhaps shadow abilities bypass armor, deal more damage, change poisons into a shadow dot, etc). your abilities while using the shadow resource will generate normal energy over time just like how they generate the shadow resource while using your normal energy.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Gunslinger: equip one gun, bow or crossbow, but your normal attacks are done by a pair of handguns you choose before combat (each gun is analogous to one type of poison, but they deal fire damage instead of nature). your resources are the bullets inside your pair of guns. you use your equipped gun for sniper shot.

Motivation: Rogues aren't just ninjas. they are assassins, thieves, spies, pirates, et cetera. I find it hard to believe that an assassin, a thief, a spy or a pirate would never use a gun in a reality where guns exist. I agree knives fit rogues better, but 3 knife specs and 1 gun spec seems balanced enough to me

Spec Skills:
    • "freeze!" - channeled CC, requires stealth, increases damage done by your first attack (it doesn't actually freeze the target. you just point the gun to them and tell them to stop or you'll shoot lol);
    • "twin shots" - you fire one shot with each gun at the same time;
    • "bullets" - your gun shots and autoattacks use bullets;
    • "confidence" - each bullet you have in your guns increase your haste by X%;
    • "tension" - each bullet you don't have in your guns increase your critical chance by Y%;
    • "reload" - reloads your guns with bullets;
    • "sniper shot" - long cast shot. use it on proc (similar to soul fire);
    • "two guns, two targets" - you can shoot your main target and your focus target at the same time as long as they are both in front of you. the ones on your right side will only take the effects from your right hand gun and the ones to your left will only take the effect from your left hand gun;
    I don't think a giant Tauren warrior in hulking masses of plate would freeze over a little pistol pellet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    NO

NEVER

EVER

Rogue should NOT be a ranged class. Shuriken Toss and Deadly Throw should be removed as well. We have 3 core range dps classes already (Hunter, Mage, Warlock), so let us have ONE pure melee DPS class.

Rogue have 3 awesome speccs, don't ruin this. They might need some buff, damagewise, but the mechanics in each specc are great.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I'd love to see either a tanking spec or a healing spec added, least that way it gives us more utility.

Right now my guild is very lean, if a healer or tank doesn't show, we're sorta screwed, we all roll alts to fit roles that are missing from time to time, but then that limits the mains being geared. *shrugs*

Personally I think some kind of healing spec would be cool, chalk it up to "poisons" being used, maybe healing darts thrown, powders tossed, "smoke bombs" with healing properties as AOE healing, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindayse View Post
    Hunter is a different class also the spec would be different.
    I want to know how you would design a Rogue that uses ranged weapons exclusively that would not be a Hunter. Well, I guess they'd wear leather, wouldn't they?

The Gunslinger idea is neat, Hunters have been begging for Pistols for years though.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2013-04-30 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    NO

NEVER

EVER

Rogue should NOT be a ranged class. Shuriken Toss and Deadly Throw should be removed as well. We have 3 core range dps classes already (Hunter, Mage, Warlock), so let us have ONE pure melee DPS class.

Rogue have 3 awesome speccs, don't ruin this. They might need some buff, damagewise, but the mechanics in each specc are great.
    None of specs would be ruined, they would grow as they always have between expansions. The OP is talking about making a new spec not changing the current ones. Actually I could see blizzard taking this path for the next xpac, it is either make another spec for every class or add another hero class, preferably something that is range based.
    Your reaction is a bit intense, it seems a bit narrow minded to simply vehemently hate any sort of change.

I could live without ST but quite frankly DT shouldn't have ever been made anything other than a baseline ability. It was quite lazy and boring of blizzard to make it a talent.
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-05-01 at 02:02 AM.