Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm not quite sure if I would consider PvP balanced. I have 0 pieces of PvP gear yet I run around doing 800k-1M, critting people for 11k and being somewhat hard to kill. I kind of feel bad that I did not work on any PvP gear what so ever yet I can solo those in full T1 and partly T2.
    At level 55? I have full partisian and people in PVE gear hit me like a wet noodle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    At level 55? I have full partisian and people in PVE gear hit me like a wet noodle.
    I hit people in full partisan for ~9k. I hit people who try to play in full PvE gear for ~11k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I hit people in full partisan for ~9k. I hit people who try to play in full PvE gear for ~11k.
    I hit beggers for 15k. I hit spammers for 22k. I hit sadomasochists for $50 a pop. I hit the elderly any chance I get. I hit the bottle on Fridays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I hit beggers for 15k. I hit spammers for 22k. I hit sadomasochists for $50 a pop. I hit the elderly any chance I get. I hit the bottle on Fridays
    Ba hahahah
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post

Somewhere in there is the perfect opportunity for a "Yo Mama" joke.

Deleted
    Well it looks like some grumbling is getting through to them..maybe ..we'll see

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...54#post6315554

Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric
    and

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...04#edit6316204

Howdy, folks. Cory Butler here to follow-up on some of your concerns that have been surfacing in the forums and on social media sites around Game Update 2.1: Customization. First, it's important to know that 2.1 will not affect the cadence of our game update schedule. 2.1 was the second half of our Cartel Market implementation plan. So, do not expect to see this type of Market-driven update on a regular basis. This release was comprised almost entirely of cosmetic options that have no impact on combat balance or gameplay. Vanity modifications are the kinds of things, in general, that we’ve always planned to offer in the Cartel Market for purchase by all players and in some cases, like with Appearance Designer changes, discounted for subscribers -- having said that, we’ve heard some frustration from subscribers that, even with these kinds of offerings, we ought to do more to recognize subscriber status. We hear you loud and clear. Please stay tuned.

To continue on the point of content cadence, I know in a separate post Eric discussed a bit about our cadence and that our plan is for all of you to see content within an 8-week window from Rise of the Hutt Cartel’s launch, I would recommend reading his post for more details, here. What I do want to do is assure you that we have many more things in the works here at BioWare that aren’t Cartel Market features, and are the exact types of content you folks have been asking about. I cannot go into specifics yet but we are definitely working on things like new Flashpoints, Operations, daily hubs, events, PvP, and even the super-secret space project! Game Update 2.1 is just one of the many Updates you will get from us this year and I am really excited about what is still to come and I think you will be too.

Until next time -- see you in-game!
    More teasing of the SSSP to boot...

That doesn't seem to be getting through to them at all. They're dismissing the grumbling by saying, "Hey, this is the way it is and content is coming, so stop bitching."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    That doesn't seem to be getting through to them at all. They're dismissing the grumbling by saying, "Hey, this is the way it is and content is coming, so stop bitching."
    That's what it sounded like to me too. They've mastered the art of saying "We hear you...now shut the fuck up and give us your money".

Also:
    do not expect to see this type of Market-driven update on a regular basis
    HAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-05-17 at 11:01 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    More teasing of the SSSP to boot...
    *Looks up from playing star conflict*

Mhm... Right. I am sure they are working so hard on it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    HAHAHAHA
    To be fair, patches like this are a ton of work. There are only so many monetization systems that they can include into the game, and they covered many of the ones that weren't already in the game in this patch. This is a longterm monetization patch that's expensive as hell to make but is looking months/years down the road.

I'd honestly be surprised if we see another patch like this for quite some time, if at all. They'd have to create a ton of new systems to monetize, and they'd inevitably run into creating content to monetize, which is a big no-no for the subscribers. I think we'll just continue to see more cartel packs (cheap as fuck to create) and the like. Some bigger CM focused patches, sure. But nothing this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    *Looks up from playing star conflict*

Mhm... Right. I am sure they are working so hard on it.
    It's up there on the wall of crazy.

Right next to chat bubbles and chairs you can sit in : P

10+ Year Old Account

Hey, there are plenty of chairs I can sit in!

I think this might be the only dev team that refers to the wall of good ideas as "the wall of crazy"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I think this might be the only dev team that refers to the wall of good ideas as "the wall of crazy"
    Most games that have a 'wall of good ideas' just remain as ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, patches like this are a ton of work.
    To be fair he didn't mention anything about the amount of work. He specifically said we wouldn't see market driven patches like this regularly. Which is total bullshit. That's pretty much all we've seen since launching F2P.
    BAD WOLF

The reasons for the Bioware response was that people were QQing that 2.1 was INSTEAD of a content patch. They just replied to say, it's in ADDITION. Even then there is way too much QQ that 2.1 is nickel and diming people when it's all optional content that I haven't spent a cent on. Also dyes are available on the GTN, there is no need to gamble on the packs yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be fair he didn't mention anything about the amount of work. He specifically said we wouldn't see market driven patches like this regularly. Which is total bullshit. That's pretty much all we've seen since launching F2P.
    I interpret it to be patches where they add a number of brand new systems into the game through the Cartel Market. I totally expect there to be more CM focused patches, just not to this scope or scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I interpret it to be patches where they add a number of brand new systems into the game through the Cartel Market. I totally expect there to be more CM focused patches, just not to this scope or scale.
    Not sure how you get that out of 'market driven'. Especially considering that's the direct feedback they are responding to, where subscribers are getting pissed at their raw deal of only CM 'content' in the game. But in the end, like every EA communication, it's going to mean whatever they want it to mean 6 months from now. Even if somehow it turns out that was just a lecture on how to find zen in a monastery in Tibet.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    ...we ought to do more to recognize subscriber status. We hear you loud and clear. Please stay tuned.

Will remember this line. With luck 2.2 will be enjoyable and not a shallow short-term content 'fix'.

Deleted
    The words in those pieces have been very carefully selected, basically to me they are saying we've heard your griping, don't really agree with it but we'll do some things a bit different in future.
    I hope they have learned and realise that some of the items in this patch that are only available with CCs should have been available to subscribers for credits, more likely they have not and rather than 'giving' more to subscribers they will just hammer the preferred/f2p players for even more to make it appear that the subscribers are getting a better deal.

I'm curious and as I can't be arsed to update my client to check for my self, how much CC would you have to pay to unlock everything a subscriber don't have access to by default? Should probably put the collection thing as a separate number as it's debatable how needed it is.