10+ Year Old Account

How long does a season last?

Greetings MMOChampioners,

I recently started pvping again after 2 years and i wanted to know when season 13 ends.
    I know this is something you guys can't answer because blizzard hasn't said anything about it.

But how long does a season mostly last, i thought myself for like a half year?

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

It varies a little. PvP season ends' correspond with the next major content patch, and PvE tier (which will be patch 5.4 for this season). Considering patch 5.3 hasn't even hit yet, I'd say we're a little under half way through the season.

Was going to work out how long each one was to give you a rough estimate, but stumbled across this which has how many weeks each season lasted: http://www.wowpedia.org/Season_1_Arena_rewards

The longest seasons were the pre-Cata season and pre-MoP seasons (37 and 38 weeks respectively). Most seasons that weren't end-of-expansion were about 17-23 weeks. We are currently in the 7th week of Season 13 (it started on March 13th), so expect 10-15 more.

Really really guesstimated end would be: August 14th (assuming 22 weeks - which was last seasons duration).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you alot, i hope you are around right, so i can still obtain the achievement of earning 27k conquest points in season 13 =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Thank you alot, i hope you are around right, so i can still obtain the achievement of earning 27k conquest points in season 13 =P
    Should still be doable we don't have an ETA on patch 5.3 yet and as Snuggli said, patch 5.4 will most likely be the next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Should still be doable we don't have an ETA on patch 5.3 yet and as Snuggli said, patch 5.4 will most likely be the next season.
    1000 quatloos on 5/15/13!

That achievement is going to be easily gotten by seasons end. With 5.3 they are adding in a conquest catch up system, where your conquest cap is increased if your total season earned points is less then the week of the season multiplied by 1000. So when the patch hits on week 10 if you havent earned 10,000 points, your cap will be the difference between 10,000 and what you earned, unless that is below 2200.

So by week 20, you could have a 20,000 point cap if you havent played this season. Though that is a lot of 2s games.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

At the current pace it should end mid-October depending on how big the "war effort" is in 5.3 and how many bosses SoO will have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    1000 quatloos on 5/15/13!

That achievement is going to be easily gotten by seasons end. With 5.3 they are adding in a conquest catch up system, where your conquest cap is increased if your total season earned points is less then the week of the season multiplied by 1000. So when the patch hits on week 10 if you havent earned 10,000 points, your cap will be the difference between 10,000 and what you earned, unless that is below 2200.

So by week 20, you could have a 20,000 point cap if you havent played this season. Though that is a lot of 2s games.
    That's right, can you link me page again where they said that?
    This calms me down, because i really want that Achievement haha