Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastlyqt View Post
    How is enh going to be in 5.3 with those dmg buffs? I took a long break from WoW and now I am back with a fresh class (shaman) and I considered playing enh for arena but I heard that enh isn't doing too well in 5.2. Which comps will be good with 5.3?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Right now Enhance can do solid damage, they are just slightly squishy when silenced. That being said, I don't see enough of them take Nature's Guardian (goes off when you are stunned/silenced...) but I think it could work with the right comps.

I think Beastcleave will still be strong, because even with hunter burst getting nerfed, enhance burst is going up and the Hunter can 8 second freedom you. I think Disc would work well with that comp because if the Enhance really is getting his face smashed in he can get a pain sup, but any team with an enhance is going to be more about quick and constant pressure instead of a CC-chain long drawn out game. It will probably be decided within the first 30 seconds, but I could be wrong.Depends really on how strong hybrid healing is with next patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Right now Enhance can do solid damage, they are just slightly squishy when silenced. That being said, I don't see enough of them take Nature's Guardian (goes off when you are stunned/silenced...) but I think it could work with the right comps.

I think Beastcleave will still be strong, because even with hunter burst getting nerfed, enhance burst is going up and the Hunter can 8 second freedom you. I think Disc would work well with that comp because if the Enhance really is getting his face smashed in he can get a pain sup, but any team with an enhance is going to be more about quick and constant pressure instead of a CC-chain long drawn out game. It will probably be decided within the first 30 seconds, but I could be wrong.Depends really on how strong hybrid healing is with next patch.
    Since Enhance lack CC, wouldn't be a rog/mage together with a disc priest be viable? Even after the rog nerfs?

Edit: Also regarding the PvP Power change, the nerf only affects the "DMG" scaling of PvP Power right ? How much PvP Power can u achieve currently ? Since we get a 70% heal buff for PvP Power, can someone tell me the formula for PvP Power healing? Shouldn't you be able to know the value of heals from 5x MW Healing Surge if you use the formula?
    Last edited by mmoc0b270cc790; 2013-05-10 at 05:54 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastlyqt View Post
    Since Enhance lack CC, wouldn't be a rog/mage together with a disc priest be viable? Even after the rog nerfs?

Edit: Also regarding the PvP Power change, the nerf only affects the "DMG" scaling of PvP Power right ? How much PvP Power can u achieve currently ? Since we get a 70% heal buff for PvP Power, can someone tell me the formula for PvP Power healing? Shouldn't you be able to know the value of heals from 5x MW Healing Surge if you use the formula?
    No PvP power nerf hits healing too, but hybrids get more scaling from it, if that makes sense.

Enhance lacks semi-spammable CC, but so do all melee. Enhance still has hex and capacitor, but it really depends how hard Enhance hits now. I haven't bothered to dl the PTR because my semester is ending (fuuuuuck pappppeeeeers) so I couldn't tell you. Maybe someone can chime in on how enhance is doing from their experience?

Enhance actually has pretty scary burst that comes from ranged. Enhance is one of those classes like Ret that has done well in previous seasons because they are the support for the real damage class with freedoms, purges, CC, off heals, etc. MoP has been about damage and spammable instant CC so Ret/Enhance have lost their niche.

One of the reasons that spriests are so over the top right now is because they have excellent utility and burst damage, and while enhance has those two things as well priests are ranged and that trumps all in WoW.

Without doing a full listing of abilities the things that make enhance attractive to a team are instant (or near instant) hexes because it is not widely dispellable, purge, grounding, tremor, bind elemental (strong against frost mages), healing tide and off heals. The reason not to take an enhance is because they are melee, have few defensive options if getting trained and lack the over the top damage required right now. (think DKs, hunters, mages, rogues, etc)

Enhance can work just fine, the hardest part about playing it in competitive PvP is convincing people of that to take you.