Poll: End Child Abuse or Animal Abuse?

Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

End child abuse or animal abuse - Your choice

You suddenly have the omnipotent power to end all abuse towards animals or children. Do you choose...

End animal abuse - All forms of abuse, neglect and damage would end. Pounds would be vacant, endangered species will flourish, animals would unrealistically be completely immune to the destruction wrought by humanity - from cats to whales. Insects, pests and bacterium would be exempted - should you so choose. Your choice would have no effect on the meat industry or animal by-product industry, as if by magic.
    Edit: For the sake of interest, humans do not fall into the category of 'animals'.

End child abuse - Miscare, mistreatment and starvation would end - in all areas and under all circumstances. No child would ever again be put in a dangerous situation arising from drug abuse, war, poverty or neglect. Children no matter the age, religion or country will live happy, healthy lives into adulthood, when your powers fade from them.

Which do you choose? And choose wisely, as there is no going back or changing your mind.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-05-02 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like a simple choice, i love animals, but children trump animals.

Animals we don't need anymore humans anyhow.

would ending child abuse be a direct reason to ending animal abuse ?

omfg.... well, it's kinda a hard choice, but if you think about it, ending child abuse MIGHT stop a good bit of animal abuse. maybe they abuse the animal out of spite for how they were treated? so, i'm gonna go with child abuse.

Child abuse, because by ending child abuse there will be less people that will grow up and harm animals.

Deleted
    Ending child abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hold any life in higher regard than another. Why do humans deserve to live more than all other animals? Just because we're a more intelligent species? I'd end animal abuse, I hate the human race anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    animal abuse is far more worth stopping. fuck people, most of them turn out to be wastes of space anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Child abuse. This isn't even a contest. Animal cruelty is very bad, but child abuse is considerably worse and has much longer-lasting and more devastating effects.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

There really is no competition really ending child abuse would do so much more help to the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    animal abuse is far more worth stopping. fuck people, most of them turn out to be wastes of space anyways
    As opposed to most animals, which have some sort of impact on your life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You suddenly have the omnipotent power to end all abuse towards animals or children.
    If you're limited to one or the other, why call it omnipotent?

I'd kill a thousand dogs to save one persons life.

Deleted
    I can never understand how ppl justify sending milions of dollar to save stranded whales when the money could have gone to starving humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I don't hold any life in higher regard than another. Why do humans deserve to live more than all other animals? Just because we're a more intelligent species? I'd end animal abuse, I hate the human race anyways.
    Doesn't hold any life higher than any other, hates the human race...

Except you can't define abuse, period, end of story.

Is a child raised on a farm having to get up at 5am to do hours of chores abuse?

Is killing an animal to eat it, no matter how humanely you try to kill it, abuse?

And on an on an on. As long as both children and animals require resources or produce resources, they can be abused.

Phrase it so that it protects both children and animal children. I will not condemn puppies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Phrase it so that it protects both children and animal children. I will not condemn puppies.
    Is it bad if I find puppies cuter than children?

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    I can never understand how ppl justify sending milions of dollar to save stranded whales when the money could have gone to starving humans.
    Easy. Animal rights activists have Sarah McLachlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I would happily go out put the cutest puppies and kittens in a big sack and beat them with a bat if it stopped 1 child from being abused. Would it be nice for both to stop sure, but if it comes down to some pet or a person it is no contest. For the few that have picked animals, don't breed and plz stay away from ppl.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    There really is no competition really ending child abuse would do so much more help to the world.
    Oddly enough it would have a direct effect on abuse that animals go through.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lindisa View Post
    Animals we don't need anymore humans anyhow.
    We have a shortage of stray dogs and cats though....
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."