Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy vs Megaera

Just started up raiding again about three weeks ago, as 2H Unholy (being most familiar with it)

Everything has been going well for the most part, however I find my DPS just plummets on Megaera for some reason.

I understand that Unholy has a decent Ramp-up, especially if running Festerblight priority, but it just seems like an excessive drop.

Has anybody else noticed this as well?

For megara you should just be using the standard unholy rotation. the heads aren't alive for more than like 1 minute.
    new diseases when they're way higher of course.
    use ams to get tons of rp during the rages
    make sure your pet is alive, I believe there are some issues with this boss.

I haven't used unholy on this fight yet, but that should help out a bit

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    For megara you should just be using the standard unholy rotation. the heads aren't alive for more than like 1 minute.
    new diseases when they're way higher of course.
    use ams to get tons of rp during the rages
    make sure your pet is alive, I believe there are some issues with this boss.

I haven't used unholy on this fight yet, but that should help out a bit
    Yes, I have been using standard Rotation, trying to line-up DoTs with ToT and Trinkets etc when possible.

However, I did notice my Ghoul would randomly disappear or de-spawn while under Dark Transformation (and if resummoned, would come back already transformed)

Another weird thing I've noticed after checking Logs, is it's indicating an uptime of 16.8% on BP and 29.5% on FF, even though they have nearly 100% uptime.

do you have a link to your logs? that would help

do you have a link to your logs? that would help
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m9...s=9776&e=10259

You need to control your ghoul in that fight. After a head dies, put pet follow on and move to the next head. When you're in position, use pet attack again.

Also, when it comes to loggs, I think the reason is cause that there are multiple heads up and you don't dot all of them up, so don't worry too much about it.

is one of your tanks logging? my guess is that it's not including uptime when the off head is being tanked by him(but it does count the damage correctly)

is one of your tanks logging? my guess is that it's not including uptime when the off head is being tanked by him(but it does count the damage correctly)
    Healing Monk is Logging.

And even my own Logs/Recount show this ridiculous drop on Megaera.

well either way it's just an error with the logging.
    if you only put dots on one target you have roughly 7.7 minutes of uptime on an 8 minute fight (just multiple the ticks by 3 and divide by 60).

well either way it's just an error with the logging.
    if you only put dots on one target you have roughly 7.7 minutes of uptime on an 8 minute fight (just multiple the ticks by 3 and divide by 60).
    Just wasn't sure what was causing such a drop, just the nature of the fight I suppose, and I guess multi-dotting/incidental from other classes on Frozen Head (I notice many have very high damage to the Frozen Head)

just play 2h frost on megaera.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Just wasn't sure what was causing such a drop, just the nature of the fight I suppose, and I guess multi-dotting/incidental from other classes on Frozen Head (I notice many have very high damage to the Frozen Head)
    lots of the damage on megara comes from meter padding :>

Deleted
    Don't get fooled too much by logs, this tier is one of the worst i've seen when it comes to leeching USELESS dmg, either from nerfing someone else's dmg to up yours by considerable amounts or just dps targets that u'll never kill during a fight. Yet u'll see some of those bragging regularly on forum and bad "elite" guild officers asking you to come up with such ranks to apply.

I killed Meg' HC first as UH, since the HB nerf Blood boil absolutely destroys adds.
    I switched to DW for the kills after and it's a bit better but for few reasons detailed above : heads die too fast, refreshing dots with trinkets and so isn't very noticeable since on some heads u'll get like 10 ticks of both and that's heroic, imagine as normal totally facerolling the boss.

I've never seen my pet die as UH or get dismissed (only part where it was happening was ji khun but looks like it's been fixed) but as a 25 man we have several shamans/paladins spamming rain/overhealing shields all over the place so he get's topped off a lot passively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to use Plague Strike on either the main target or frost head, just to get diseases up to get higher on the meters. There's no reason not to do it really. When trinkets lign up I usually plague strike both or use Outbreak.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I tend to use Plague Strike on either the main target or frost head, just to get diseases up to get higher on the meters. There's no reason not to do it really. When trinkets lign up I usually plague strike both or use Outbreak.
    While it doesn't cost you much, (1 Unholy rune, depending on your gear is ~70-100k damage) there certainly is a very good incentive not to DoT up a head you're not killing.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    While it doesn't cost you much, (1 Unholy rune, depending on your gear is ~70-100k damage) there certainly is a very good incentive not to DoT up a head you're not killing.
    It increases your DPS which is what the OP was asking for help about. The other peeps in his guild were doing it, why shouldn't he?

Also, you can Death and Decay between the two heads so that it ticks on them both. Isn't DnD a DPS increase if it hits two targets?
    Hi

It increases your DPS which is what the OP was asking for help about. The other peeps in his guild were doing it, why shouldn't he?
    Well first off, if the OP's guild is serious about killing the boss, absolutely no one should be meter padding as that doesn't contribute to killing the boss at all.

Also, you can Death and Decay between the two heads so that it ticks on them both. Isn't DnD a DPS increase if it hits two targets?
    Going through my private Ra-den parses (which in terms of ScS and DnD damage is a Patchwerk fight for all intents and purposes) along with a few Simcraft results, I've come to the conclusion that DnD is once again a single-target DPS increase over ScS and should be used on cooldown whenever you can guarantee all its ticks will hit.

DnD will obviously result in useless cleave damage on Megaera, but seeing as how that doesn't affect your damage on the main-target, it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-05-01 at 12:07 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Going through my private Ra-den parses (which in terms of ScS and DnD damage is a Patchwerk fight for all intents and purposes) along with a few Simcraft results, I've come to the conclusion that DnD is once again a single-target DPS increase over ScS and should be used on cooldown whenever you can guarantee all its ticks will hit.
    aww, and I was so enjoying not having to drop it on cooldown :-(

lots of the damage on megara comes from meter padding :>
    Well, I don't intend to Meter-pad, it just seemed like a huge drop, and was trying to figure out if it was something to do with the Pet/Disease issues.

However, now that I know it's padding and/or Incidental I'm not too worried.

do a normal rotation the heads die WAY to fast, expect the dps to be low nothing to do about that tbh not a unholy fight unless you want to go frost. There is no reason to pad the to the other head if you are just progressing on him just keep it simple, pad when you killed the boss acouple of times.
    Last edited by Vocifero; 2013-05-01 at 10:35 PM.