Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    They were in both cata and wotlk.
    locks were def. not the most common re-roll in either of those xpacs.

mages / dks were respectively. honorable mention to wotlk pally hybrid build bs that was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    locks were def. not the most common re-roll in either of those xpacs.

mages / dks were respectively. honorable mention to wotlk pally hybrid build bs that was going on.
    Paladins in wotlk, omg

The thing i hated most about soulshard farming...

I was basically forced to kill 40+ level appropriate mobs every day before the raid...and since they didnt stack, have bag space for it all. But what really annoyed me...is that dispite me killing all these extra mobs at max level (they couldnt be grey nooooo) for all the years before they revamped it and getting pocket change out of it...I have Never had a random world epic drop for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Without a previous data point that still tells us very little, and it doesn't make clear what your point is with the post either, posting more then just a link would have been (more) helpful.
    I don't have a source handy, but I was pretty sure that Blizz had said before Locks and Rogues were the least-played classes ... and I don't remember which, but one the least represented at max level and the other least represented at all levels. Of course I could just be mixing up actual Blizz statements with consensus sentiment amongst players
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locks went up about 2.5% overall with MoP, and a lot of that is due to ease of use compared to the last two expansions and a shiny new questline. Wrath wasn't terrible, but Cata was an abysmal time to be a PvE lock. I wouldn't qualify that increase as "everywhere" since many, many guilds are still looking for locks, but they're definitely more common than before.

And soul shard farming didn't bother me nearly as much as being the only lock in MC and having to hand out healthstones one at a time. I remember getting to MC/BWL/Naxx 45 mins early to start handing out stones. Mages were always popular, so they always had help handing out food. Not us locks though, it was more of a crap shoot, and then we had 3 levels of stones to use, so you'd still be handing out 40 damned stones even if another lock was there. That was a goddamned nightmare.

I do miss firestones and whatever the other one was that I can't remember. I kinda miss weapon enhances and really hoped those and reagents would have been fleshed out more instead of dropped. I always liked things that made your weapon, even if it was the same as others, slightly better because of what class you were.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

I kinda liked Cata warlock. Even if demo rotation was 21 (cant recall exact number) different things, it was frustrating but rewarding at the same time, not that you could compete a legendary wpn rogue played by your cat, or some other classes, but i enjoyed being a minority. For example, i could find a spot for BH in matters of seconds (at least on my server, Sylvanas EU). Also Mass Summon made our lives a lot easier for an entire expansion, was soo tired getting "summon me" msgs from the majority of the group. Only thing i miss from the past is the casting version of Shadow Fury, and Soul Harvest (maybe drain mana too, but they were removed in general). On the other hand, for Mop, i liked the changes. Warlock had the feeling of the most outdated class in the game ,at least for Cata imo, and they had to do something to make it more appealing. Dunno if they were succesful, but most of the thoughts were great imo. The best thing i liked, and they removed it cause they suck, was demo's melee autoattack. I am kinda dissapointed that they removed it cause of a lame wand autoattack bug, and they were slackers to fix it, instead they prefered to remove the most awesome effect in the game... That would be the only thing i would wish for to come back, cba for the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked to farm Soul Shards i will only nostalgia for the gimmick. I was thankful to blizz when they turned the soul shard only bags into normal bags.

I still have my old Spellstone and Firestones in my bank.. I will never get rid of them hahaha even though they are useless.

Overall though i don't believe Locks will ever be FotM because they are imo the most difficult spell caster to actually be good with.

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    I do miss firestones and whatever the other one was that I can't remember.
    Spellstones

My Warlock was my main from Vanilla until tier 14. I made my Druid tank my main for the first tier and then this tier I changed back to my Warlock as we needed the dps help.

Deleted
    Warlocks seem kinda rare from a guild recruitment point of view. We've been looking for warlocks for -since-before-I-joined-. That in combination with our less-than-OP PVP performance seems to have put us in a tight spot.

I started a Warlock for two main reasons:

1) I wanted some kind of ranged DPS since I've only done plate melee/tank before. I only wanted something that I could DPS on to avoid getting roped into tanking or god forbid asked to try healing, so that left Hunter, Mage and Warlock. I've never been a fan of Hunters, and there are way too many of them, so it was down to Mage and Warlock. Of the two, I liked the whole dark/evil thing with Warlock, so I went that route.

2) Warlocks are normally rare, so a good Warlock is worth a lot to a raiding guild. Unfortunately I vastly underestimated how it is to play one and am currently sucking it up

Also unofficial #3: Green Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    Spellstones

My Warlock was my main from Vanilla until tier 14. I made my Druid tank my main for the first tier and then this tier I changed back to my Warlock as we needed the dps help.
    I still have a firestone and spellstone in my bank
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Great fun.

Also, it might depend on your server, but on mine...locks might have gotten a bit more common, but that's nothing compared to the flood of shadow priests etc.
    Hate it Hate it Hate it.. Priest was my first char always kept as main and to raid with. stumbled on so many times i got refused cause the already had shadow priest..
    its anoying when you cant play the class/spec cause of the big amount of fotmers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    The thing i hated most about soulshard farming...

I was basically forced to kill 40+ level appropriate mobs every day before the raid...and since they didnt stack, have bag space for it all. But what really annoyed me...is that dispite me killing all these extra mobs at max level (they couldnt be grey nooooo) for all the years before they revamped it and getting pocket change out of it...I have Never had a random world epic drop for me.
    You obviously didn't play a locks then. TARGET DUMMIES FTW!!!. Nobody went and killed "40+ level appropriate mobs" XD

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I started a Warlock for two main reasons:

1) I wanted some kind of ranged DPS since I've only done plate melee/tank before. I only wanted something that I could DPS on to avoid getting roped into tanking or god forbid asked to try healing, so that left Hunter, Mage and Warlock. I've never been a fan of Hunters, and there are way too many of them, so it was down to Mage and Warlock. Of the two, I liked the whole dark/evil thing with Warlock, so I went that route.

2) Warlocks are normally rare, so a good Warlock is worth a lot to a raiding guild. Unfortunately I vastly underestimated how it is to play one and am currently sucking it up

Also unofficial #3: Green Fire.
    Locks aren't rare anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deschim View Post
    Hate it Hate it Hate it.. Priest was my first char always kept as main and to raid with. stumbled on so many times i got refused cause the already had shadow priest..
    its anoying when you cant play the class/spec cause of the big amount of fotmers
    There is no possible way that priests are beating locks in the FOTM battle...
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You obviously didn't play a locks then. TARGET DUMMIES FTW!!!. Nobody went and killed "40+ level appropriate mobs" XD[COLOR="red"]
    Eh. I played a lock back then, And I remember the Target Dummies being introduced later ?

Or is it just me?:P

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Eh. I played a lock back then, And I remember the Target Dummies being introduced later ?

Target Dummies were added in WotLK, but you weren't able to gather soul shards from them until patch 3.1 or 3.2.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Deleted
    I miss pet interaction with specs mostly, farming soulshards was horrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You obviously didn't play a locks then. TARGET DUMMIES FTW!!!. Nobody went and killed "40+ level appropriate mobs" XD
    Either you aren't serious, or you really don't know that target dummies didn't exist back in Vanilla. Also, even after they got implemented, you couldn't get shards of them for quite a while.
    So yes, you basically had to kill lots and lots of level appropriate mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post

Naa, we went through vanilla and TBC (and some of WOTLK) of killing mobs (note: _KILLING_) for soul shards. Later it was introduced that ticks granted shards and later again it was allowed to grant shards from mobs that weren't yielding honor or experience (i.e. dummies).
    Personally I've played my warlock since BWL was introduced.

We need a move like that old hunter move that lets us control our pet.. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaNew View Post
    We need a move like that old hunter move that lets us control our pet.. lol
    You just made someone really sad.